Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Day 7 of the cold from heII (3rd negative Covid test 15 min ago to confirm its a cold).

Started Sunday with runny nose. By Monday, I had chest congestion, sinus glue, a sore throat worse than strep, chronic cough from the sore throat, eyes glued shut from conjunctivitis and urgent (like RIGHT NOW) need to pizz every hour on the hour, even overnight. Then the chronic hiccups restarted because of the coughing.

Every day since, no better. Was napping at least 4 hours a day (between getting up to pizz) and in a fog most of the rest of the time. In bed by 9pm. Cold meds didn’t make a dent in the congestion. Neti pot would loosen it up for a bit. Appetite was OK but didn’t eat much.

Yesterday I was seriously contemplating calling 911 for an amberlamps to take me to hospital. Found some OxyCodone that was left over from a dental procedure and took one. High as a kite but my throat stopped hurting as much and the coughing slowed down. It actually seemed to let my body start repairing itself.

Today I’m still foggy and congested. Sore throat isn’t as bad and got eye drops at an eye exam on Thursday so that’s turning around.

Fugging Covid never got me but I thought this might. Jeebuz.

Luckily, Slavyanka and SS17 haven’t caught it. She’s been sleeping in the spare bed in his room.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Get better ASAP.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Damn, call sparkle sox and shut Canukland down!!

Hope you're on the down hill side of it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
All kinds of bugs,flus going on around here
More soup,,,,
Hope your on the mend.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Get a blood test. Sometimes such can happen with leukemia and other problems. GOD Bless.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
For about the last 3 months, my wife, daughter, son, daughter in law, and grand daughter have all been sick and they can't shake it. Everyone has sinus infections and ear infections now. My grand daughter is 9 months old and goes to daycare. She's a happy little bundle of germs. A month or so ago, I nicknamed her Typhoid Mary.

Through all of this, I've managed to stay healthy and haven't gotten sick until now. Last weekend, Typhoid Mary took down her next victim. I was holding her and she let out a big cough and splattered the side of my face with snot and spit. I immediately got us cleaned up, but it was in my eye, nose, mouth and all over the left side of my face.

2 days ago I started getting a scratchy throat and a runny nose. I immediately started Zicam every 4 hours, Zink, Alive, and extra vitamin D & C. I'll fight it with everything I can throw at it. I'm going to test for Covid when I get home from work today, but through all of this, nobody involved has had it this go around.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I know a lot more people who had the flu recently rather than Covid. Every one of them got much sicker with the flu. Most had symptoms for weeks.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
It could be a too-mah. grin

Last edited by poboy; 01/14/23.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Day 7 of the cold from heII (3rd negative Covid test 15 min ago to confirm its a cold).

Started Sunday with runny nose. By Monday, I had chest congestion, sinus glue, a sore throat worse than strep, chronic cough from the sore throat, eyes glued shut from conjunctivitis and urgent (like RIGHT NOW) need to pizz every hour on the hour, even overnight. Then the chronic hiccups restarted because of the coughing.

Every day since, no better. Was napping at least 4 hours a day (between getting up to pizz) and in a fog most of the rest of the time. In bed by 9pm. Cold meds didn’t make a dent in the congestion. Neti pot would loosen it up for a bit. Appetite was OK but didn’t eat much.

Yesterday I was seriously contemplating calling 911 for an amberlamps to take me to hospital. Found some OxyCodone that was left over from a dental procedure and took one. High as a kite but my throat stopped hurting as much and the coughing slowed down. It actually seemed to let my body start repairing itself.

Today I’m still foggy and congested. Sore throat isn’t as bad and got eye drops at an eye exam on Thursday so that’s turning around.

Fugging Covid never got me but I thought this might. Jeebuz.

Luckily, Slavyanka and SS17 haven’t caught it. She’s been sleeping in the spare bed in his room.
Get well soon. Are you COVID-19 vaxxed? Boosted?

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Get a blood test. Sometimes such can happen with leukemia and other problems. GOD Bless.

Had this exact scenario happen in 1996. Flu virus mutated and caused me to get ITP. Ended up with a Splenectomy. The bone marrow biopsy for leukemia was the most physical pain I’ve ever felt.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I hate a bad cold. Hope you get better. I’ve had a few bad ones. I got sick once back in the 80’s. Was sick with a cold for 2 if not 3 months, seemed like a year.

Thanks, Billy
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
TRH, was forced to get the initial two shots for work. Haven’t had any since. Had Covid in June 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Day 16 of my worst cold ever. It’s almost gone.
COVID not COVID who gives a fuq.

Last edited by Toddly; 01/14/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mite be the old timey consumption

Ridden any elevators with Kenyans ?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Mite be the old timey consumption
TB?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My wife and I got sick as hell around the first of December, worst virus in a long, long time. I didn't test because a respiratory virus is a respiratory virus, but my wife did and it was negative for covid, so it must have been a cold or flu.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Wanna… your probably not going to feel much better until the end of week 3. That for me was two months ago and I still feel twinges of it.

More than just human beings flowing openly over that border my doctor told me.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Flu is making a strong comeback, thanks to the lockdowns, especially in children

and good thing uneducated parents made their children get the covid vax which weakened their immune systems

Good times

hint ivermectin works on most cold, flu viruses. Keep in medicine cabinet with Tylenol

Last edited by ribka; 01/14/23.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Whatever “illness“ I had back around Thanksgiving was 4x worse than anything I went through when I tested positive for covid. Sick as I’ve ever been.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope you get better soon!

I saw you had the 2 COVID jabs, I'm just curious as to how much that damaged you natural immune response in fighting off the flu virus.

You said you are pissing every hour which is good. Force water and on top of everything else task a teaspoon of honey every 4 hours.

Honey contains antioxidant, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties that fight against the virus and treats the cold and its underlying symptoms. Helps soothe a sore and scratchy throat as well.

I didn't get any covid jabs but had the flu started on New Years day and first 48 hours was the worst I ever felt in my life.

Water, honey, cold medicine, vitamin C and Tylenol got me feeling better after 48 hours. Was 90% in 4 days. 2 weeks later and I'm still coughing flem up out of the lungs.

Last edited by MPat70; 01/14/23.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 37 invisible), 1,824 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,412
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.