Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by chesterwy
My mom left me less than a years wages when she died. My [bleep] stepdad tried to sue me for it.

I received nothing out of my parents "estate" as my broke azz sister convinced my father that Ed didn't need it which was true, a few hundred thousand, but the Ithaca M37 my Dad bought in the '40's and promised to my youngest is lost on two non-hunters. That bites.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Supposedly the grandma invented honey mustard

hand to God

🤣😳😳
I remember you telling me that schit.
I think she brought back the idea from the middle east

I still say some of the stuff you told me about her.
And her world travels, pictures of foriegn leaders with her and ww2 and post ww2 schit
She was OSS and early CIA....

I just can't imagine her dealing with and raising up moron willyg as a kid.
She most definitely sheltered his azz from life in general.

Grammy maunchhausen schit....

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
“This is a picture of my graw eating dinner with the Shah of Iran”

holy fugk

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Supposedly the grandma invented honey mustard

hand to God

🤣😳😳
Sounds like Blackheart's kind

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LOL

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
We all called him Sharkey cause he had a cleft lip and palate. His top teeth stuck out well…like the cartoon shark Jabber Jaws

i know
I know

I didnt name him

Rat, our manhole inspector named him. 💀

Wait a minute.....then who named Rat?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
“This is a picture of my graw eating dinner with the Shah of Iran”

holy fugk
Wasn't her name Cheyanne or some schit like that???
And she had a rep as a Maneater as a younger woman around here.

🥴🥴🤣🤣🤣

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
We all called him Sharkey cause he had a cleft lip and palate. His top teeth stuck out well…like the cartoon shark Jabber Jaws

i know
I know

I didnt name him

Rat, our manhole inspector named him. 💀
Summer teeth...
Janitor with a degree.......
#studentloanamericansucessstory....

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🥴🤣🤣🤣

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by chesterwy
My mom left me less than a years wages when she died. My [bleep] stepdad tried to sue me for it.

I received nothing out of my parents "estate" as my broke azz sister convinced my father that Ed didn't need it which was true, a few hundred thousand, but the Ithaca M37 my Dad bought in the '40's and promised to my youngest is lost on two non-hunters. That bites.

I’m sure you’ve considered this, but why not buy the Ithaca from them? It isn’t right but at least the gun would be back where it belonged.

T
TCK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
From personal experience with family deaths in three different states.
The will's executor, or the Trust's Trustee can screw things up so bad it has been two years settling one particular estate.
An individual was the Executor (step mother), and three people (step mother and two siblings) were co-trustees.
Even worse was the bachelor brother who died intestate with real property in two states and half siblings from our father's second marriage.
The laws where he died are different concerning heirs, than the laws where he had property in the other state.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't have to worry about it... I got nothing due to mom passing first.. everything went to my Step Dad's family...

My health is fine, ( knock on wood), but I have nothing in this world in my name...

even the house is my wife's and our sons name...vehicles are in the company name that lists my wife as owner..

anything I once owned is in my sons name... any money I might of had is in a bank account with my wife's name on it.. she's 8 years younger than me... son is the beneficiary of anything and every thing.

When I pass I am going to be cremated and my ashes spread to the winds...no grave etc...

Won't be much to say I ever existed... Fingered all that out when I watched at 16, my mom and her sisters fight over my grandfathers estate which was valued at $600K in 1968 when he passed.. Personally I don't want anything from any body. I'm not greedy at all...the world can have it... I won't need it where I'm going, and if I did, it will do nothing for me anyway.

I will pass with NO guilt to worry about.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by renegade50
I love casting out stink bait and seeing who bites.
All it takes is a little bit of patience.

Almost as if they think a shotgun blast statement is solely being directed at them and them alone.
They always feel a need to respond directly, indirectly, or in conjunction with others.

Like sprinkling bread crumbs at the end of the boat dock at the lake long ago.
The sunfish come up and ya cut em in half with a machete...

Works everytime....

🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

??
Just look back.
You will see what I casted out.

🤣🤣🤣

Oh we remember you inheriting that sweet ass ford from you fil. Sure rub it in our faces you trust fund baby.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by antlers
A will’s gotta go through probate. For me, making my probate estate as small as possible is the way to go. Taking as much as possible completely out of the hands of the probate court, for me, is the way to go. The only thing in my will…my probate estate…is the contents of my house (clothes and furnishings, etc.). I have beneficiary deeds on my house (which will TOD to my kids), I have beneficiary deeds on my cars (which will TOD to my kids), and I have TOD in place on ALL of my financial assets (ALL of my financial assets will TOD to my kids). The probate court has no say whatsoever regarding my house, my cars, or any of my financial assets ~ NONE; I’ve taken steps to take those things completely out of the hands of the probate court. Phuuk the probate court.

Perfect...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’m at that age where many of my friends are dealing with inheritances. When I was back where I was raised for a few weeks this fall for a visit and a hunt it seemed like that and retirements was what everyone was talking about. Seemed like a lot of turmoil between siblings. Especially in those cases where one of the siblings was involved in the business or the farm. Also if one of the sibling was living in a property owned by the parent(s). Some think they are owed or entitled to more than their divided share. It seems to bring hard feeling between siblings to a head. You get to pick your friends but your family got assigned to you.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
My Mom was one of 11 kids that grew up on a family farm. When my grandparents passed, all of her siblings agreed on how things were divided. Except one of her brothers. Things got bad. I am close with all my Mom’s brothers and sisters and their kids. Except that one uncle and his family. I haven’t seen them since 1976.

My Dad’s family wasn’t quite that bad, but again, I had an aunt who was very greedy. And of all his siblings, she was the one who best off financially prior to dividing up my Dad’s family’s assets. Crazy.

I come from a family of 8 kids, and when my parents passed, my siblings and I divided everything evenly. There wasn’t any issues, except one. And that was one of my brother’s took out a fairly large loan from my parents, and wanted that debt to my parents and their estate forgiven, and their remaining estate divided from what was left. Us siblings said no way. His inheritance amount was reduced by the amount of the debt. And that was that. He knew he wasn’t going to win that issue. So all ended without animosity.

I set up a trust for my estate and everything goes evenly to my two daughters. And I told them, several times, in person while we were sitting at the table, that if they bicker over anything, I will come back and haunt them. And I meant it. They are close, so there shouldn’t be any problem.

Last edited by flagstaff; 01/15/23.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Watching family turn on one another is hard to watch, that is why we just let it go on two occasions, another one is coming up soon, we will let that one go too.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I’m at that age where many of my friends are dealing with inheritances. When I was back where I was raised for a few weeks this fall for a visit and a hunt it seemed like that and retirements was what everyone was talking about. Seemed like a lot of turmoil between siblings. Especially in those cases where one of the siblings was involved in the business or the farm. Also if one of the sibling was living in a property owned by the parent(s). Some think they are owed or entitled to more than their divided share. It seems to bring hard feeling between siblings to a head. You get to pick your friends but your family got assigned to you.

That’s what I’ve witnessed as well. The moochers that have been sponging for decades feel like they should get extra or all of it. It is amazing to see so much hateful stuff over 5-10k or some broke ass old tractor, lawnmower ect.

Like a good friend told me which was true for both of us....

I married the only girl in Texas poorer than me. We lightly joke about not having to pay money when her parents pass away

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
It gets worse when everyone agrees to share funeral expenses and cemetary stones. Promises, promises.

Watched my mom and her brother bear the cost of the other siblings share. Money my folks didn't have to begin with.

That was the last time my parents helped anyone out in their families. It was always some crisis or another. Yet, we heard about all the latest trips, toys, and gadgets. Last time I saw them too. Tired of being the schmuck.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Watching family turn on one another is hard to watch, that is why we just let it go on two occasions, another one is coming up soon, we will let that one go too.
You only get one shot at getting yours when it comes to inheritance. If you let a sleazy relative steal it then it is gone and you have rewarded their avarice to the detriment of your own family and your parents wishes.

Of course I guess you can always feel good about yourself outwardly while seething inside.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yeah Hastings, I see that. You hate to reward bad behavior for sure.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,647
Posts18,493,344
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.