Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My wife and I are tired of the food saver external style sealers. Been using them for over 25 years. Ready for a change!

Who here has a chamber style sealer? Brand? Comments?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I don't know the difference.
My sealer needs a new heat seal part. Has a wrinkle that makes a leak, on the heat strip.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Night and day difference on many levels. Commercial quality vs crap.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I know they are expensive. I’ve used Walmart vacuum sealers for years and thought I’d do a serious upgrade to a Cabelas $$$ sealer. Biggest piece of crap I’ve ever bought.

I’ve gone back to the $79.99 stuff and treat it as a disposable product. When it quits, I toss it and go buy another.

The $$$$$$$$ chamber sealers were way too expensive for what I wanted in a vacuum sealer. It may be perfect in your world though.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have a Vacmaster VP112 but not sure it is sold anymore. Paid $500 but they have come down I believe. Best option for vac sealing. Blood and other liquids do not matter, it seals every time. Bags are cheaper than normal external vac sealing bags also. Can’t say any negatives except price I guess.

Last edited by Bclark; 01/15/23.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boss bought a cabinet style 3or 4 years ago.
Made in Chyyyyyyna, of course.
Even has pictographs onit and in the display.
Amazon purchase.

His does 4 bags at a time.

Custom butchering is his side gig, plus the wholefamdamly does hogs, beef and chickens. He loves it. The first year it paid for itself in bag cost.

The ability to seal wet stuff is a game changer also.

We bought 120# of chicken last weekend, was trying to vacuum seal it with our
old Foodsaver. After a bit we just couldn't get a good seal, and thought maybe
it had finally died. After 15+years, no shame. Ended up with zip bags.

Got it out Tuesday to seal some beef. Worked fine.

I'm looking to buy a counter top chamber sealer.

Tired of the bag cost,tired of fighting ham, chicken, or other juicy stuff.

PS. We know the tricks, absorbent near the seal, pre-freeze.......
They are all crutches for an inferior design.
A PITA when I'm just trying to get the job done.
And they still fail.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bought one from Costco on sale is actually a LEM. Huge difference in finished product, can seal liquids easily. Bags are a lot less expensive. Wish I had bought one years ago, have had it a couple years now.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
We have had a vacmaster vp210 for almost ten years. They are expensive up front but if you do very much vacuum sealing at all the savings on the bags will pay for the machine very shortly. The ability to seal liquids is a big advantage. My wife makes a big pot of soup, we eat it one meal then seal the rest in bags that hold 2 servings and freeze. You will be amazed at the things you will find to seal. I vacuum seal hand towels to keep on my boat. Don't have to worry about them drawing moisture and molding. Always have a clean towel. Seal shotgun shells for waterfowl hunting, don't have to worry about wet shells or the box falling apart. Vacuum seal and store ammo. Vacuum seal drinking water and freeze, now you have your own ice packs that you can open and drink when they melt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a MEAT! Your Maker brand and it works fine but I have no experience with other chamber sealers to compare it to. I do have a Food Saver though and much prefer the seal of the chamber to the suction. The bags are tighter against the contents with the chamber unit. The chamber bags are much cheaper than suction bags too. Chamber will do liquids but I usually overfill the bag and make a mess. MEAT! has 25% off sales from time to time. Costco has an LEM unit in the same price range as what the MEAT! goes on sale for.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Looking at oil pump models, not dry piston but might consider one.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Looking at oil pump models, not dry piston but might consider one.

The costco is an oil pump

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Costco is 599.99 at LEM 1099.99

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I will look into that!

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have bought two Vevor products (high heat ultrasonic cleaner and 36" mechanical backhoe thumb)... I am satisfied with what Vevor is quality wise. They are also becoming the international "Sears and Roebuck" of the modern world.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VEVOR-Ch...ods-Packaging-Machine-Used-Fr/1867900571

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Tag

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
We have the Vacmaster VP230. As you know and others have already mentioned that the chamber vacs are the way to go if you can get past the initial cost. We went with the 230 right after they came out as it has a wider sealing bar/chamber area than the VP215. I also agree if you're going to spend the money to get into a vac sealer to be sure to get one with an oil cooled pump vs dry. We get the bags through vacuumsealersunlimited.com

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
You guys have covered it pretty well - much better performance, far more durable machine, the ability to vacuum-pack liquids, and drastically cheaper bag costs. The only drawbacks are the high initial cost and having a much larger/heavier machine.

I've been running a chamber sealer for 15 years, or so, started with a VacMaster VP210 from Sam's Club. It has the dry pump, so it cycles slower and makes more noise than my friend's VP215 model with the oil pump.

We recently upgraded to a VacMaster VP321. It cycles in half the time, and it seals 4-bags at a time. It has been a HUGE (literally) upgrade to the single-bag model. Weighing over 200 pounds, it certainly isn't very portable!

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Meat your MAKER as well and it does a dang good job. It is the oil pump version. They have sales occasionally and That's how I bought mine.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What bags are y'all using in your chamber vacuum sealers?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
The best is the german made Multivac. It does it by removing atmospheres, not time.

Theses are the professional ones.

Beware of the man with one gun. He is a newbie
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

387 members (1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 44 invisible), 2,815 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,445
Posts18,528,740
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.