Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Can you shoot them where you live? Here, only when they are destroying your crops I think.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho has a season

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Yes. In season. Knew a couple of guys years ago who hunted them with a passion of a duck hunter.

GreggH

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I really like a good electronic call in the deep woods, subsonic ammo with suppressor.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
We have a split season here. I used to hunt them a lot when woodchuck hunting. This was a long range rifle game and a great way to get some long range practice. Done it with the calls and shotguns which can be fast paced and exciting for sure.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We have a season in Mass. It's closed April-July. I've hunted them with shotgun and rifle. Fun times either way.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We shoot them in the pecan groves with shotguns, decoys and owl. Must have camo head to toe, 46 is our best morning.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho’s season runs 4 months with no bag limit. It was year round until the feds said they had to limit it to 140 days.

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Season here too. Friend of mine was on a dairy farm until his father in law retired. Crows used to make a mess of silage bags . Electronic caller and a couple crow and owl decoys made a fun couple of hours. Shoot over decoys for a while until they got educated then snipe the others with Varmint rifles

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I know where this is going before I even start but.....

Ever eatin' crow?

We all have at some point but I'm talking about the actual meat here

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho’s season runs 4 months with no bag limit. It was year round until the feds said they had to limit it to 140 days.
That.

It was year around here too. The Feds made a bag limit over a treaty with Mexico and “migratory birds.”

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
A season on crows is like a season on coyotes. You could make absolutely anything or any time legal to kill them and you'd never get rid of them.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Crows are smart critters.
I'd rather make buddies out of the ones that hang out here.
Now, big ol roosting sights,l and farmers fields are fair game.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OGB

Ever eatin' crow?

Apparently enough people eat them to justify this page: www.crowbusters.com/recipes.html

― George Orwell

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We have a season. It is an agreement with some latin American country so they have seasons and limits on migratory waterfowl. I have an electronic caller and decoys. It is a fun hunt when they come in good.
Don't shoot at or let the first scout crow see you and don't miss on the first group that comes in. Once you get some on the ground especially a cripple they will come in angry and you can wear them out.
I wouldn't eat them. Seen too many eating roadkill. Buzzards will clean them up.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Been hunting them since I was a teen.
Bought my CZ 17hmr with them in mind. Now I use my suppressed CZ Style 22lr, Foxpro, decoys/owl. My old halloween battery powered wing flapping Bat on a string gave out, got to get a new one or two.

I have a 40gr. V-max, Varget load for my 26'' barrel 22-250, 4200+fps boy-howdy it scatters them real well from the 20 yard Bow ground blind. One landed on top of the 4x4 treated that held two bucket feeders, it leaned over checking the ground and I pulled the trigger. The bullet went through the body head to tail, scattered in a funnel shape for 20 feet. Ten minutes later got another one.
City crows with a quiet PCP air rifle ,,, they are used to vehicles, eye seen them shot at 20 feet, NUMEROUS TIMES, laf.

Guy I worked with in Kennesaw, Georgia 20 years ago brought a RWS fixed barrel springer air rifle to work to show me. The one with the floating action, 51?. He opened the window on our job-site trailer and popped a crow that went down right in front of the library. Crows went into a tizzy he popped a couple more, we were laughing, I told him to stop nope he shot another one.
I rode my company kawasaki mule down to another building then up towards where the crows had fallen. There was a crowd of kids and their mentors out there staring around, this was at a Devereux Treatment Network place for wayward children. Some boys were staring at a wounded one that couldn't fly other kids were standing over 3 dead ones pondering what was going on. A soul brother/mentor said,, i bet they et poison,, laf.
over.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by OGB

Ever eatin' crow?

Apparently enough people eat them to justify this page: www.crowbusters.com/recipes.html
You can pretty much eat anything made out of meat.
Just ask someone from "down-da-bayuo"!

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kansas crow season is Nov 10 to Mar 10
Missouri is Nov 1 to Mar 3

A few years ago my buddy up in Wisconsin wanted me to shoot some for him to practice his taxidermy skills on. I think they ended up in a friends bar or something.

Camo, electronic calls, a couple decoys made for a few fun stands.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
We have a season. It is an agreement with some latin American country so they have seasons and limits on migratory waterfowl. I have an electronic caller and decoys. It is a fun hunt when they come in good.
Don't shoot at or let the first scout crow see you and don't miss on the first group that comes in. Once you get some on the ground especially a cripple they will come in angry and you can wear them out.
I wouldn't eat them. Seen too many eating roadkill. Buzzards will clean them up.
Yep, it’s how we do it in the Missouri bootheel too. Took some bright red paint and splashed it on my owl decoys shoulder. Boy did that make them brave. Come right on down price is right style.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Texas has them protected except for ag. damage. I have a local 500 ac pecan orchard that allows me to hunt on. I use taxademied crows and a mouth call. Lots of fun. Also use large enough shot, lead #6 is my choice with IC choke before leaf fall and full after.

My best day has been 50+ birds shooting by myself. Crows are a very smart bird. Good camo and no movement until time to shoot is the answer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 29 invisible), 2,046 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,133
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.