-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That only happens to other people, not anyone here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
38yrs next month
Wouldn't trade a minute of those 38 years
Not always roses but what is
She's my business partner
She's my huntin partner
She's my life partner
She's my life!

^^^^THIS sums us up too!^^^^

35th Anniversary, this September.

Been together 41 years.

You've all seen the photos.

Way, out kicked my coverage.

Absolutely, no one I'd rather spend my time with, She's my best & truest friend.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Twice, I married the big nosed Commie bitch and it lasted 8 years . Married Terri and it’s lasted for 43 years !!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1 x 51 yrs

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was married to Wife 1.0 (Satan) for 8 years. This was the chick that tried to sue me because I called her Satan in online forums. The judge wouldn't listen. I left the courtroom and registered MyExIsSatan.com and sold coffee mugs and T-Shirts. I don't know, but she may still be lurking here.

I met Wife 2.0 in late 1996. I traveled to a holler down around the KY/TN border and traded an old mountain woman a microwave for her daughter. KYHillChick has been the love of my life ever since.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Judman: Just once successfully - going on 47 years now.
Long live the institution of marriage (heterosexual marriage!)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once.

I’m a quick learner.
It’s cheaper to keep her.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I know there are good ones out there.

I tried it once for 9 years, 2 kids. She thought she lost something getting married before she was 21. She went looking for it and I don’t think she really found it.

Pretty much raised both kids. Daughter and I had a difference in “opinions”, not gonna happen in my house. Her mother attempted to raise her from that point on, both had looked me in the eye face to face and blatantly lied to me on the subject.

Son is working and doing well.

Had a couple of good dogs come and go. Have one good one now.

To old and stuck in my ways to attempt marriage again.
Just get another dog ;-)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shaman
I was married to Wife 1.0 (Satan) for 8 years. This was the chick that tried to sue me because I called her Satan in online forums. The judge wouldn't listen. I left the courtroom and registered MyExIsSatan.com and sold coffee mugs and T-Shirts. I don't know, but she may still be lurking here.

I met Wife 2.0 in late 1996. I traveled to a holler down around the KY/TN border and traded an old mountain woman a microwave for her daughter. KYHillChick has been the love of my life ever since.
That got a good laugh out of me!

I call the second one "the evil #2".

She set me back 20 years financially.

Hope your health is still improving!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
First marraige lasted 17 years. 13 years and going strong on 2nd with no regrets. If something were to happen to her before me, I don't see myself getting married a 3rd time.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just once, six years ago when I was 67. She is the only woman I've ever had that I could not live without. Truly an amazing person.

A serious, degenerative neurological disease now has her in a nursing home, unable to get out of bed or speak. But, we had four wonderful and healthy years together. I thank God everyday for putting her in my life.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once was more than enough for me. Been divorced 14 years now and she's still kicking me in the nuts every single day.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
1 time 36 years ago. Have same anniversary as Hanco

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
43 years to the one and only this month. A joy and sometimes a job😉

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Two too many……….

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1st & last-----32 years. I'd be a free man if I shot her when I first met her smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More times than I should have been. Once was one to many

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
39 times ....eer I mean years...one and done ..

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once, 44 years in March.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[quote=rcamuglia]
40% of all first time marriages fail within the first 10 years. The longest study I've seen was a 40 year study, and over the period 60% of first time marriages failed. So don't think that just because you made it to the 20 year mark you're out of the woods, because you are not, not even close.

Certainly that’s true in some situations especially when you consider that’s usually around the time that the children have all been raised, for those that blessed their children by demonstrating terrible (marriage) behavior for “the sake of the kids”, which allows for a more martyred portrait and guilt free divorce. There are definitely couples that we’ve met and have gotten to know through the years that we knew were “sticking it out” only to divorce once the kids are older.

People get lazy and comfortable as time goes by during a marriage and take one another for granted. They become more consumed by “their needs” and how their expectations aren’t being met ignoring their own shortcomings and it becomes a stubborn and vicious cycle of destructive and selfish pettiness.

Most of our friends that have been married for 20+ years are people that we knew long ago were likely to go the distance just based on their mutual respect for each other and their responses to everyday, mundane questions….little things that tell a bigger story. Once you’ve been together that long you know the other person as good or better than they know themselves so it’s kinda “baked into the pie” by that point….unless it’s the marriage that’s playing the “waiting game” and instead of nurturing their marriage they’re constantly looking for a distant point in the future when everything will be right and it’ll be the perfect time to get divorced….

Edited to add…..My comments do not address those of us that took our promise before God as a serious promise. Not only have some of us grown together as mom and dad, husband and wife but we’ve grown together in our faith. By growing together in our faith we’ll never outgrow our marriage or each other.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 01/18/23.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

446 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,143
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.