Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
At least ya gotta excuse to be a prick, idunno about the rest of these guys....
LMFAO...

Coyotes shot no waiting.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Praying for you Rockey.

Do the prayers of the wicked fall on deaf ears?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Prayers for you Rocky.

The hip replacement is really not that bad. Had my left hip replaced 7 years ago and it's very nearly good as it's ever been. Essentially no pain after about 6 months.
I wish I had done it years earlier than I did.
About the only thing I've had to change is that running is to be avoided...my doctors words were to absolutely avoid it.

Can't speak to the ruptured disc. That's something I've never had to deal with....and pray I never do.

Hang in there, there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Rocky, I don't know you personally so vicarious will do. You can do this. I have much faith in Mayo Clinics.

Pick out something reasonably attainable that you really want do in a reasonable amount of time after the Docs are done with you and keep your eyes on the prize. It can help you through some tough times which you will have, sad but true.
When you get down to it and tough is all you've got, remember tough is enough.

Been there. Done that. You will prevail, but be smart.

Best wishes.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So sorry to hear that. Good luck. Here's some music to cheer you up!

Old guy, old guns.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for all the kind words and wishes. Not looking for sympathy (well, not much) but just 'splainin' why I might be a bit cranky at times here.

I enjoyed golf for 50 years but was never very good at it. The last shot I took back in October was a beauty, though. Stuck a 9-iron from 110 yards for a kick-in. If that was the last shot I ever make, it'll be a great memory. I was still walking the course in under three hours and feeling great but wondering when I'd have to transition to using a cart. Knew that time was coming, but I truly hate cart golf except on courses where it's mandatory. Now I won't have to, which I consider a good thing.

Fishing on the other hand will be a terrific blow if I can't do that. I bought my boat two years ago and didn't get to use it a lot last year because all our lakes are so low that launching was risky. I may have to find somebody willing to go with me to help launch and load once the Doc says I can fish again. Hope that will be by Autumn.

In the meantime, I'll post to let anyone else in this boat (joke intended) what to expect.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (AussieGunWriter, benchman, BALLISTIK, 35, 8 invisible), 1,221 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,240
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.