Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Any of you guys own and do any work with a Hults Bruk axe? I have a couple Gransfors Bruk tools, a Wildlife Hatchet and Small Forest Axe. I have used the GB tools for years and haven't been disappointed with them. My son seems to have laid claim to my Small Forest Axe so I looked for a replacement. I could have bought another GB, but decided I wanted to try something a bit different.

I bought a Hults Bruk Akka Foresters Axe. The Akka has a 1.5 pound head and 24" handle. The head is a little lighter than the GB SFA and the handle is a little longer. It is possible to work the Akka pretty easily with one hand choked up on the handle. And when chopping something bigger you get a lot of head speed with the HB Akka. I think I like it better than my old GB SFA. A short video...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have a very old Hults Bruk Puget Sound pattern. I suspect it is laminated steel. When I was still using it, I discovered a file would cut the cheeks back beautifully, but would slide on the center cutting edge...and it required a carborundum stone to dress the cutting edge. But that was not a bad thing, it would hold the edge twice as long as the old True Tempers that the company provided. I wonder if they are still laminated.

Last edited by flintlocke; 01/19/23.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC
Any of you guys own and do any work with a Hults Bruk axe? I have a couple Gransfors Bruk tools, a Wildlife Hatchet and Small Forest Axe. I have used the GB tools for years and haven't been disappointed with them. My son seems to have laid claim to my Small Forest Axe so I looked for a replacement. I could have bought another GB, but decided I wanted to try something a bit different.

I bought a Hults Bruk Akka Foresters Axe. The Akka has a 1.5 pound head and 24" handle. The head is a little lighter than the GB SFA and the handle is a little longer. It is possible to work the Akka pretty easily with one hand choked up on the handle. And when chopping something bigger you get a lot of head speed with the HB Akka. I think I like it better than my old GB SFA. A short video...

The dude in the video should let his husband do the chopping.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No real personal experience, but I did buy one as one of the Christmas gifts I bought my employees for our party exchange. The one I purchased was impressive- unfortunately I didn't bring it home with me. Wicked sharp out of the box.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I have owned most of the Swedish brands, and still like the Wetterlings best

Sam......

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I have one. I like it but the steel seems a little soft.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,083 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,835
Posts18,496,732
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.