Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One need look no further than the first rule of gun safety to know the answer

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
At least the pos is feeling a bit of misery. I hope it continues for him.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
This sorry bastard has had his dick out to f uck over gun owners all his adult life and I hope the bastard gets a big dick hung in his arse with a big suit and some jail time. Not likely to happen however with our dual system of justice! At most....maybe 18 months and less with so-called good time served! Screw him and all the other sorry bastards in Hollyweird!!

He will probably skate on the criminal suit, but the upcoming civil suit is gonna cost him.

Tony

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope he looks like Ron Jeremy before he gets another acting job...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't believe he will see any jail time , but he has against exposed himself to what a creep he is by stating he didn't pull the trigger.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by NVhntr
If TRH “thinks” it, it must be so.

I laughed

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by asheepdog
They should fry his liberal ass, but I bet he doesn’t see the inside of a cell. It was a DELIBERATE act. Worthless POS !
I think he's already taken a plea deal that keeps him from seeing the inside of a prison. Something like reckless handling of a firearm.

Where did you come up with that? If that were the case, don't you think the prosecutor would have come out and said it? No, he was indited on manslaughter. There MIGHT be a plea deal coming, but there sure ain't one now.

You should read all the posts in this thread (hint-bottom of page one):

Didn't go to a jury - plea agreement.

According to CBS News National Correspondent Kris Van Cleve, Assistant Director David Hall "has signed a plea agreement for the charge of negligent use of a deadly weapon. The terms include a suspended sentence and six months probation."

https://thepostmillennial.com/break...n-fatal-rust-shooting?utm_campaign=64487

I love the confidence on display here.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Your understanding of how the law is supposed to work is woefully inadequate, I'm afraid.

Oh dear.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
One need look no further than the first rule of gun safety to know the answer
While the rules of gun safety are very wise, they are not actually in the law. Non-shooters are not presumed to be familiar with them.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Some good reading

Attached Images

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I have mentioned this previously but Alec Baldwin’s father was a Marine Corp veteran and a long time, highly respected Massapequa, NY high school Rifle Team coach. Won a number of New York high School Small Bore 3 Position Rifle Championship’s. Growing up in that environment and attending the high school where his father taught and coached shooting skills, I find it highly unlikely that Baldwin was not fully aware of firearm safety basics.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ridiculous decision, if you ask me. I'm no fan of Baldwin's, but actors who are handed prop firearms on set are relying on prop masters to make sure they are handed only firearms with blanks in them, or completely unloaded firearms. Actors are not presumed to be experienced firearms handlers with an understanding of safe handling, beyond what the director and prop master tells them on set.

My take on it, and I am absolutely no fan of Baldwin. They hired an " expert" whose job it was to provide a service, they failed. If you hired a caterer to serve at a banquet and that caterer prepared food improperly that resulted in salmonella poisoning ( which can actually be fatal in rare instances) are you then liable for any damages? I know guns and food is a poor comparison but the principal applies the same. The caterer is to blame

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Civil suit has already been settled. As much as I hate Alex Baldwin, a non-gun guy on a set with an armorer, I don't think it's his fault, just my opinion. Two things, how a 20 something woman became the armorer needs to be looked at and I have a .22 training pistol for my bird dogs. The hole in the barrel is smaller than .22, I guess so the gases from the blanks can espace, there is no way a bullet could fire out the barrel unless I drilled the barrel out, why isn't this done on all prop barrels?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Ridiculous decision, if you ask me. I'm no fan of Baldwin's, but actors who are handed prop firearms on set are relying on prop masters to make sure they are handed only firearms with blanks in them, or completely unloaded firearms. Actors are not presumed to be experienced firearms handlers with an understanding of safe handling, beyond what the director and prop master tells them on set.

My take on it, and I am absolutely no fan of Baldwin. They hired an " expert" whose job it was to provide a service, they failed. If you hired a caterer to serve at a banquet and that caterer prepared food improperly that resulted in salmonella poisoning ( which can actually be fatal in rare instances) are you then liable for any damages? I know guns and food is a poor comparison but the principal applies the same. The caterer is to blame
Unless you slipped into the kitchen and stirred dog schitt into the food. Then it would be tough to blame the caterer.

Baldwin stirred in the dog schitt!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What factors may come into play in his criminal culpability.

Did he know that guns were being used for plinking?

Did he know that ammo had been seen laying around?

Does he know what the industry standards are for safe gun handling?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, then it would seem that he'd own some responsibility beyond civil. If he was aware of 2 or more, I think a very solid case could be made.

https://www.backstage.com/magazine/...rCvFMAdoP_gDb6iUVHGDBlRMOO8E#section5The Actors’ Equity Association also creates guidelines specifically for actors. Here are their safety tips for using firearms:

Treat all prop guns as if they are real.
Treat all guns as if they are loaded.
Unless you are actually performing or rehearsing, the property master must secure all firearms.
The property master or armorer should carefully train you in the safe use of any firearm you must handle. Be honest if you have no knowledge about guns. Do not overstate your qualifications.
Follow all instructions given by the qualified instructor.
Never engage in horseplay with any firearms or other weapons. Do not let others handle the gun issued to you for any reason.
All loading of firearms must be done by the property master, armorer, or experienced persons working under their direct supervision.
Never point a firearm at anyone including yourself. Always cheat the shot by aiming to the right or left of the target character. If asked to point and shoot directly at a living target, consult with the property master or armorer for the prescribed safety procedures.
If you are the intended target of a gunshot, make sure that the person firing in your direction has followed all these safety procedures.
If you are required to wear exploding blood squibs, make sure there is a bulletproof vest or other solid protection between you and the blast packet
Use protective shields for all offstage cast within close proximity to any shots fired.
Appropriate ear protection should be offered to the cast members and crew.
Check the firearm every time you take possession of it. Before each use, make sure the gun has previously been test-fired offstage. and then ask to test-fire it yourself. Watch the prop master check the cylinders and barrel to be sure no foreign object or dummy bullet has become lodged inside.
Blanks can be dangerous. Even though they do not fire bullets out of the gun barrel, they still have a powerful blast that can maim or kill.
Never attempt to adjust, modify, or repair a firearm yourself. If a weapon jams or malfunctions, corrections shall be made only by a qualified person. Notify a prop person or Armorer immediately.
When a scene is completed, the property master shall unload and take possession of the firearms. All weapons must be cleaned, checked, and inventoried by the prop department after each performance.
Live ammunition may not be brought into the theater or onto a studio lot.
If you are in a production where gunshots are to be fired and there is no qualified property master, go to the nearest phone and call Actors’ Equity Association. A union representative will make sure proper procedures are followed.
State and federal safety laws must be honored at all times.
If any of the above safety tips conflict with the instructions given by a qualified instructor, abide by the instructions from the qualified instructor. If you are still not sure, contact your Equity Business Representative.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'll add one to your list: Did he know it's not a good idea to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger?

Even if it's loaded with blanks?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I don't understand, way back Gene Autry "invented" fist fighting in movies, they miss with the punch. Wouldn't they not aim directory at the person?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I don't believe he will see any jail time , but he has against exposed himself to what a creep he is by stating he didn't pull the trigger.
He said that someone is responsible for her death, but it isn't me. The sleazy bastard.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by DMc
I hope he looks like Ron Jeremy before he gets another acting job...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Jesus. He's turning into a Mad Max character.

[Linked Image from media.news.de]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some ivy league attorney with a lot of guns sent me a copy of:
State v. Gilliam 1955

Here is a link I found:
https://law.justia.com/cases/new-mexico/supreme-court/1955/5950-0.html

My ignorant interpretation is that it says, shoot someone accidentally and go to jail.

I had to read contracts for engineering work. They were mostly vanilla boilerplate. This criminal jargon sucks.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 4 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

196 members (35WhelenNut, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 2ndwind, 4214chip, 29 invisible), 2,945 guests, and 986 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,642
Posts18,533,628
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.