Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by hanco
I bet they are hell on chickens
I know great horned owls are.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ya well we have a couple of nest just down the road from us and there is a reason these things were almost gone ! we have seen them take everything from small game to cats and turkeys. we just had one decide to camp in a big oak tree just off the south side of our barn lot about 2 weeks ago and the wife tells me we are now down to 1 barn cat. I will bet that is why he stayed around here so long. the neighbor has lost most of his chickens to them sumbitches too.

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
las: I blame china joe bidenflation.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
The internet has very few recipes for Bald Eagle.

I recommend bacon wrapping.

Bacon solves 99.99% of all problems.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jar
Ya well we have a couple of nest just down the road from us and there is a reason these things were almost gone ! we have seen them take everything from small game to cats and turkeys. we just had one decide to camp in a big oak tree just off the south side of our barn lot about 2 weeks ago and the wife tells me we are now down to 1 barn cat. I will bet that is why he stayed around here so long. the neighbor has lost most of his chickens to them sumbitches too.
They haven't hurt the duck population so bad as they phuu.uck up the smaller lakes the ducks seemed to like. We saw 8 around a 340 acre lake 2 winters ago, not a duck in sight and that lake is normally a duck hot hole.

Saw 3 on an irrigation lake 3 or 4 years ago. Had a group of 4 mallards pinned up to an under cut bank. I wouldn't doubt what 1 or all of the ducks didn't live to see dark.

I have never understood why we control 4 legged predators but not the ones overhead which are far more deadly/efficient. Then those night birds, talk about killers.

Not sure about this but have read/heard that a baldie will kill just to kill as well, not necessarily kill just to eat. Like I said, unsure on the truth to this.

Not impressed with em myself.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To me the bald eagle is a symbol of our country and a proud noble bird, even though I have seen them steal osprey catches many times... :

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Around here you can see a redtail hawk every other telephone pole. we used to try to take them out every chance you got but these eagles are our nations bird and with respect they are very noble , but they are terrible for all other critters ! period ! I used to run a bunch of beagles and had a lifetime of memories and my own bloodline of very good hunting dogs but between the local farmers now planting from road ditch to road ditch and pushing all the fences and brush out there is no rabbits within a 75 mile circle from here , unless you drive into town at night. small game has no chance in these parts no more ! so Ive taken to killin them preditors. of all kinds. ever put a no 2 leg trap on top of a hedge corner post ?

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Eagles are scavengers & thieves. But, they gotta eat.
They're not bad hunters either.

I'm glad this one took one of the invasive Eurasian collared doves in front of the house, went to a neighboring pole, and ate it like the hawk ate that rat.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ravens harass the hell out of them. It’s fun to watch.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing
The internet has very few recipes for Bald Eagle.

I recommend bacon wrapping.

Bacon solves 99.99% of all problems.

Smoked and wrapped with bacon will make anything palletable.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Ravens harass the hell out of them. It’s fun to watch.
When I worked overlooking the harbor in Auke Bay, I watched the ones that had a nest leave their tree and slowly swoop across the harbor flying low over the outside dock. The gulls would all take off, no doubt baldy was looking for a sick/injured one.

The Northwestern crows would always gather along the dock area to pick nets and scraps, and up near our offices in winter to get after the mountain ash berries.

One day, a bunch of cawing going on and I knew the crows were mobbing something. Had to work my way down the hallway looking out coworkers windows to find out just where the majority of the hoopla was happening. Got to the end office, window looked out on a big spruce there. Bunch of crows scattered around in the branches and there on one of the bigger ones was baldy, crow under his foot pinned to the branch, calmly plucking away at feathers and eating crow.

I was glad something finally got one of those noisy fuggers!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (280rem_cm, 12344mag, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 375TN, 20 invisible), 1,664 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,967
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.