Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
The only reason I stay here is because it allows free speech. I know that means there's a lot here that I'm not going to agree with or like but that's all part of free speech. The unfortunate thing is were probably all on the lefties list just for being here.

I received threats against myself and my family 2 or 3 years back when I was still on Fascist book. Everytime I was threatened for going against the lefts narrative I made it a point to post at least 10 more anti left articles or ideas. In the end I quit there because I realized how much I was being censored not because of the threats. The censorship was what was truly dangerous.

The times I've liked this place the least are those when I've gotten down in the mud with others and started throwing. If I control my own posts an behaviors I still enjoy it around here. I try not to forget the thousands of decent people here who are relatively quiet and well behaved.

The day will unfortunately come when the left will accuse us all of being racist and shut us down so I think we should enjoy it while we can and maybe as individuals try to do a bit better to make this place more of a campfire than dumpster fire.

I'd like to see more young people involved here. Ones that understand that it's the right to say what you want that makes this place great. We just need to work on remembering with rights come responsibilities. If you can say whatever you want why not choose to say more good things, more educational things, more inspiring and interesting things?

Just because it's legal to pick your nose at the dinner table doesn't mean you should do it at every meal. I sometimes feel like I'm missing a good meal being distracted by all the booger pickers. I know I find myself frustrated and angry with the political corruption we're all dealing with and find myself going pretty hard after the left at times. Truth is I feel like our whole country and culture have decended a lot in the 20 years I've been on here. It's pretty easy to find stuff to be pissed about these days. I'm going to have to work to be more positive.

When it warms up I'm going to get posting pics again and sharing more loading or casting sessions or builds or trips to the range. I used to do more of that and enjoyed many conversations with others doing similar things.

Bb
Good post

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
The only reason I stay here is because it allows free speech. I know that means there's a lot here that I'm not going to agree with or like but that's all part of free speech. The unfortunate thing is were probably all on the lefties list just for being here.

I received threats against myself and my family 2 or 3 years back when I was still on Fascist book. Everytime I was threatened for going against the lefts narrative I made it a point to post at least 10 more anti left articles or ideas. In the end I quit there because I realized how much I was being censored not because of the threats. The censorship was what was truly dangerous.

The times I've liked this place the least are those when I've gotten down in the mud with others and started throwing. If I control my own posts an behaviors I still enjoy it around here. I try not to forget the thousands of decent people here who are relatively quiet and well behaved.

The day will unfortunately come when the left will accuse us all of being racist and shut us down so I think we should enjoy it while we can and maybe as individuals try to do a bit better to make this place more of a campfire than dumpster fire.

I'd like to see more young people involved here. Ones that understand that it's the right to say what you want that makes this place great. We just need to work on remembering with rights come responsibilities. If you can say whatever you want why not choose to say more good things, more educational things, more inspiring and interesting things?

Just because it's legal to pick your nose at the dinner table doesn't mean you should do it at every meal. I sometimes feel like I'm missing a good meal being distracted by all the booger pickers. I know I find myself frustrated and angry with the political corruption we're all dealing with and find myself going pretty hard after the left at times. Truth is I feel like our whole country and culture have decended a lot in the 20 years I've been on here. It's pretty easy to find stuff to be pissed about these days. I'm going to have to work to be more positive.

When it warms up I'm going to get posting pics again and sharing more loading or casting sessions or builds or trips to the range. I used to do more of that and enjoyed many conversations with others doing similar things.

Bb
Good post

Yep, especially paragraph 3.

I have in the past, gotten caught up in the mindless mudslinging. Not proud of it. Am trying to stay "above board".

It ain't hard to just scroll past the silliness.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It started as only a few……but, the disease is spreading! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OGB
It ain't hard to just scroll past the silliness.

That's the deal..

It's getting much harder to even find something that isn't Jr. High silliness.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a free speech purist. I would rather know that absurd blather is allowed and can be disregarded than to have one's speech stifled.

I think most people's disdain or frustration, comes from the fact that they themselves are stereotyped or pigeon-holed based upon assertions and statements made by others who share most of their same interests and views.

That's just my take; but, I acknowledge I am one of the forum mornons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Very good response BigSky! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Said before and say it again:

If you want to solve the problem ---

1. Go to members list.
2. Sort it by post count.
3. Look at what forums the members with 10K+ posts are posting in.
4. If 90% are on The Hunters Campfire, put them on ignore.

If everyone did that, the site would return to the adults.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MrMuskie
4. If 90% are on The Hunters Campfire, put them on ignore.

If everyone did that, the site would return to the adults.

Like Larry Root?

Laughing... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I was advised. on my first post, "This place is like eating chicken wings, you have to spit out the bones."
Was that after your 14th “i love train sets” thread in a month?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Isn't it weird that the only forum that not giving up a death rattle is this one?

Hint........

I am MAGA.
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
I was advised. on my first post, "This place is like eating chicken wings, you have to spit out the bones."
Was that after your 14th “i love train sets” thread in a month?

Was that post about the lady cop in Tennessee... and her "Train Set"?

I missed that Wabi post...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by high_country_
I do miss the days of Mickey and dober teaching me something vs asking if I ever ate a cheeseburger with pickles, threw my coat in a puddle or ran a metal detector over cow crap.

I figure it's a generational thing. These old gummers got locked up during the rona and didn't have anything better to do....they haven't realized it's over or are too far out of shape to move forward with life.

Too bad because there's a lot of knowledge and stories but the stupid questions are occupying their brains.

But but but but but…it’s a fantasy to live like they did in the Old West
i just wanna be the reincarnate of Roy Rogers

I have to talk it about all day

Don’t you like Walder Bremming movies ??

yipppeee!!!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I guess you missed where most of your posts are the bones.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Isn't it weird that the only forum that not giving up a death rattle is this one?

Hint........

What you miss is that the content has gone to crap and the people that caused it have taken over.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good post burleyboy..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Hint........

What you miss is that the content has gone to crap and the people that caused it have taken over.

Like I said.....we better kill the forum before it dies.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Hint........

No they haven't... the Sub-Forum THRIVE!

I have never seen so much help and useful information...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Partsman
Destroy a good outdoor forum? crazy

Wish Miss Lynnie Poo would come back and straighten all of this out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Hint........

No they haven't... the Sub-Forum THRIVE!

I have never seen so much help and useful information...

You know why ghettos and reservations are still needed today?

Keeps those people in one spot.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This may sound self-serving because I am one of the old guys, but seems like it is not oldies in and of themselves that cause the degradation. I tend to evaluate who starts the most threads and the relative worth of those.

If a few "hey, I'm cool, look at me - respond to me, etc." types were to experience some self-realization and change, things could improve.

Then, there are the angry types. No suggestion there.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,474 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,219
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.