Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 31 32
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Paul, I'll believe was used by Jesus to take the Gospel to the Gentiles.

Fulfilling the Abrahamic covenant that through Abraham ALL nations will receive the blessing.

That blessing was the original covenant that was lost at the fall.
It’s the theme of the whole Bible.....

But it wasn’t Paul, it was Jesus

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There is plenty to criticize about the greater Church in America. It caters to the foundational problem which is that we are a self focused rotting society and don't want to hear about sacrificially loving God and others as yourself.

The Word lives and knows no borders; we are being vacated.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why would people leave a particular church/congregation?

Look at some of the jack-wagons one has to put up with!!

But the only reason for fully and finally walking away from the One, would be because you were never one of His sheep!

His sheep know Him and they hear His voice and they follow Him!

Last edited by Tarbe; 01/23/23.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Why do you men think people are leaving it nowadays…? What are some of the reasons that you men think people simply don’t believe it anymore, or no longer find it attractive…?

They have been brainwashed since watching cartoons all the way through grad school that the earth is millions of years old and dinosaurs lived before man. That is contrary to God's Word. Men prefer believing a lie to the Truth so they leave.

If more pastors and Sunday school teachers and catechism teachers did a better job of Christian Apologetics there would be fewer leaving Christianity.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by BubbaG
Christianity is becoming more and more associated with politics and allot of people don't like it.

I would say that the same apathy quite a few churches show towards politics is creating the apathy their members have towards the church and ultimately walking away.

You have pastor/priests/reverends scared to stand up and say "Abortion is wrong and you can not vote pro-choice and be in line with Christ's teaching" because they get scared of losing at the donation box. It's worried about inclusiveness rather than Truth. YES you absolutely accept all sinners but you do not accept their sin with them when they come into the church.

I don't think any of them are walking away from christianity because their church isn't hard line enough. I have never heard anyone say they were giving up christianity because their church was weak on what they consider core issues. They are walking away from that particular church to find one that they agree with more but they are not ditching christianity.

2 Kings 2:23-24
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
[quote=antlers]As is continually pointed out (and rightly so) by the atheists and agnostics here, religion has caused more human suffering and death than even Communism, and that's saying a lot!

Ed

You need to check real history.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Inane threads are destroying Western Christianity.
fuggin' White people

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Paul, I'll believe was used by Jesus to take the Gospel to the Gentiles.

Fulfilling the Abrahamic covenant that through Abraham ALL nations will receive the blessing.

That blessing was the original covenant that was lost at the fall.
It’s the theme of the whole Bible.....

I would say that the theme of the whole bible would be to become one with God. Isn't that the whole reason for everything? What you say is technically correct about all nations receiving the blessing of the Gospel. I just think the main problem is that all that means to most people is a set of rules to live by and argue over. The gospel should be that God has made a way for you to be one with him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Not kneeling the whole time and church services in English instead of Latin was a good change.
Blasphemer!

I studied hard to learn all them different masses, the Holy Day ones, funerals, and of course the regular mass in Latin. Immediately upon becoming an altar boy they started saying masses in English. Made no sense to me. 2000 years and it was OK in Latin, now they gotta change it.

And kneeling, standing, kneeling, sit for a minute, kneel, stand, kneel, stand is good exercise.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I struggle with faith every day. I want there to be a god but my common sense side reminds me organized religion is the biggest farce ever created by mankind. Churches simply suck and most members are cliquish to say the least. Every religion believes it is their way or the highway.
If there is one god and perfect religion who is to say which one it is?

I’ll give them credit though, nothing like creating an imaginary person with made up rules telling people what they can or can not do. Then threatening them will hell if they don’t comply. Talk about forgiveness.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
People today do not need to believe the sun is Apollo racing through the sky on his chariot, or that Zeus expresses his anger through thunder.
Maybe not. But if they look around at what's going on in the country they *should* be able to believe in the presence of evil,...and if they have the ability to think just a bit past that, they're eventually going to figure out its origin.
That's when Romans 1, starting at verse 18 comes in handy. It explains in great detail what happens when a society turns its back on God and God gives them over to a reprobate mind.
Two millennia ago the Apostle Paul accurately described today's America.
Evil lurks in the heart of every man. Education is the key to man overcoming that evil. Religion is ONE form of education which can do so.
"Education" seems to be an overly broad term in this context.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Christianity is becoming more and more associated with politics and allot of people don't like it.

If Christians do not get involved in politics, do you think we even have any chance of making a difference, or are we just supposed to sit back, suck our thumbs and cry a lot?

This nation was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs and it is those same beliefs that have been neglected and diminished, leading us to where we are now. We need to get involved at even the lowest levels of politics and start making changes.

Again...do NOT mistake religion with relationships with God! A Theocracy, which is government based on religion, is just another form of tyranny. It is the principles of Christianity that we must uphold.

Ed

I am not saying christians can't get involved in politics. Everyone should vote their conscience. Its when religious leaders tell people how to vote. They should be teaching people God's word and allowing those people to decide on their own. 61% of the American population supports legalized abortion. You tell people they can't feel that way and be a christian, they are likely to say fine I am not a christian. You say that theocracy is just another form of tyranny which I agree with completely but it almost seems like that is the end goal of some.

2 Kings 2:23-24
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

If Christians do not get involved in politics, do you think we even have any chance of making a difference, or are we just supposed to sit back, suck our thumbs and cry a lot?

This nation was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs and it is those same beliefs that have been neglected and diminished, leading us to where we are now. We need to get involved at even the lowest levels of politics and start making changes.

Again...do NOT mistake religion with relationships with God! A Theocracy, which is government based on religion, is just another form of tyranny. It is the principles of Christianity that we must uphold.

Ed

I am not saying christians can't get involved in politics. Everyone should vote their conscience. Its when religious leaders tell people how to vote. They should be teaching people God's word and allowing those people to decide on their own. 61% of the American population supports legalized abortion. You tell people they can't feel that way and be a christian, they are likely to say fine I am not a christian. You say that theocracy is just another form of tyranny which I agree with completely but it almost seems like that is the end goal of some.

Everyone should be "Kingdom" voters. (meaning read, and seek to understand, the word that explains the path to the kingdom of God) Everyone voting their conscience, within a world view that teaches no illumination of conscience only an "individuals" conscience might be why we see the American society leaning to Amorality.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RHClark
I would say that the theme of the whole bible would be to become one with God. Isn't that the whole reason for everything? What you say is technically correct about all nations receiving the blessing of the Gospel. I just think the main problem is that all that means to most people is a set of rules to live by and argue over. The gospel should be that God has made a way for you to be one with him.

That is the story of the fall. We lived in the presence of GOD. (In your words we were one with GOD) We lost that. GOD immediately set in place our redemption at the fall.

Genesis 3:15

The law was pre Jesus, post Jesus grace. No need to argue about the laws.

The Abrahamic covenant was to bring that blessing to ALL the nations. As it was in the beginning.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I am grateful. John 3:16

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I struggle with faith every day. I want there to be a god but my common sense side reminds me organized religion is the biggest farce ever created by mankind. Churches simply suck and most members are cliquish to say the least. Every religion believes it is their way or the highway.

My God is still living, those others are dead.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

And this attitude is the problem right here folks.

People smugly spouting bullshit they cannot back up.

Last edited by Sauer200; 01/23/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by JGRaider

And this attitude is the problem right here folks.

People smugly spouting bullshit they cannot back up.

He's right.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Our culture has moved beyond the old idea that there is such a thing as evil in the world.

There is no evil, or at least no evil so powerful that some human program can’t overcome.

All that law and condemnation which brings about the need for grace and forgiveness just doesn’t suit us. It isn’t nuanced enough.

That is to say, the vast majority of people have a Rousseauean anthropology. They believe that human evil is not a matter of nature but nurture, and if we can just create the right conditions it’ll be cured. Where is room for the Gospel in that?

Sad thing is many in the Church believe the same thing and like to act religious but have surrendered so many biblical presuppositions they themselves don’t know why Jesus had to die to set the world right.

Add to that our constant need to be entertained and utter lack of willingness to make community with each other face to face and you have empty churches.

Page 4 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (257 roberts, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 67 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,575
Posts18,532,025
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.