Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My theory is the numbers have been inflated by the deceived Christians who believe they are Christian only because they attend Church on Sunday. Add a little sacrifice and it separates the chaff from the wheat.

In my opinion, there are more alternatives today, simply more activities one has access to. Not only on Sunday, but throughout the week the average family with kids stays busy, continuously on the go with sports and school related activities. More divorce, more single parents, more shuffling kids around on weekends, more stepchildren, etc. exacerbates the busyness. Come Sunday, they are just too darn tired to go to church. Most mistakenly associate Christianity with Church, because with them, it ends there. They were never Christians at all.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Never had much use for religion. After all, it was the religious order or the “church world” of the day that crucified Jesus. Not sinners.
Christianity, in a nutshell, is to repent of one’s sins and endeavor to live a life that follows the teachings of Jesus as closely as one possibly can.
I became a Christian four years ago this coming March even though I had been around Christianity all my life.
That’s a whole other story.
My father always told me not to worry about what others do as I would only answer for myself at the judgement and I believe that to be true.
Life at it’s longest is short but eternity is to long to be wrong.

Last edited by JTrapper73; 01/23/23.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
For me, it’s always been about the way churches preach group fellowship as almost being necessary to receive God’s blessings and guidance.

As if showing up in church is a way to prove your desire and a worthiness for God’s love.

Seemed to me that only proved a few things. Either someone enjoys being part of a congregation and wants to worship in a group. Or they want to be seen by others as a good Christian and use their attendance as proof of their commitment to Christ….Translation: Some are good people. Some pose as good Christians for show and tell out of personal pride.

People who find benefit in regularly attending a church, is cool. I’ve preferred to keep my spirituality between myself and God.

🦫
Garhering in Church serves two purposes.
1 It keeps folks available for weekly brain washing reinforcement.

2 Without such gatherings, the coffers would become barren and priests thin.

I love how you talk like you’re fine with Christianity when such a “objective observer” posture suits your angle.

Your mask seems to have slipped with this one but don’t worry it didn’t hide your actual feelings anyway…

Don’t put on airs. At least Mauser9mm and DBT say exactly what they are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
. Anytime there's a fracture within a congregation, any jack-ass with a Bible under their arm can call themselves a "preacher" and is free to go out and reinvent it in their own image and start a new "church". Everytime that happens, it dilutes what The Church was supposed to be and becomes another degree removed from it.

The church already became diluted when Paul
relaxed the Rules of membership regarding
Torah compliance and he had no Bible under
his arm as we today know it, nor had he ever
known or met an earthly Jesus.

Originally Posted by ctsmith
Most mistakenly associate Christianity with Church, because with them, it ends there. They were never Christians at all.

How can one prove anyone to be Xtian?

Originally Posted by BubbaG
. Back when they were deciding which books to put in the bible and which ones to toss, who made that decision? If you want to believe that God told them then hand all you money over to the mega churches, .

Late 4th century by time the state apparatus
decided on the content and then had to wait
till 15th century before the printing press arrived.
yet folks were still largely illiterate up until the
19th century..that's some amazing plan g0d
had for getting his word out.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by bludog
In Western culture, at least, kids learn to read by the third grade. Said kid can pick up any encyclopedea ( in our day), or keyboard and google up the physical laws of the Universe, and Natural History of the Earth.

People today do not need to believe the sun is Apollo racing through the sky on his chariot, or that Zeus expresses his anger through thunder.

Yeah, and all those physical laws, just happened by some freak great lucky chance! Tell me which takes the greater faith!

Great question. I have not heard an answer to this yet.
No more mysterious than "Where did God come from?"

Your question begs the question, do you have any concept of infinite? It's a nonsequter like, to whom is the bachelor married?

The God of the Bible is infinite. Infinite, unlike the universe, has no beginning, ending, or limitations.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thank You to all who have participated in this thread so far with genuinely honest responses. To further the discussion: many of us have talked to, and listened to, and read interviews and blogs and books by dozens of people who’ve left the faith of Christianity. Do you men find it uncommon to hear a story from anyone who walked away from the faith of Christianity based on anything ‘directly’ related to the faith of Christianity itself ~ at least the original version anyway…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Antlers my friend…Happy New Year.

By “walking away from Christianity” do you mean they left the “Church” or they left God too? I can’t say that I could find fault with a man for walking away from the church unless I knew what his church was like but I can’t wrap my head around walking away from God. I would venture to guess that if one walked away from God I would question if they ever truly walked WITH God. I think that if one has a true close and personal relationship with God, a relationship that’s as real as any other relationship and far more REAL than most, walking away from God would be like walking away from air, I couldn’t do it if you know what I mean?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Don’t know for sure. But it may be the hypocrisy of Christians supporting homosexuality and such.
Most of the churches around my area do not. Even the Methodists are splitting over it. A few are going down that road, and many of their members are heading down the road to other churches. All of this apostate teaching and blasphemy was predicted in the Bible, and there were warnings of false preachers for Christians even in those times. Stuff like this is nothing new.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
2 Timothy 3:1-5 ESV
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.

Sounds like someone describing the 24hourcampfire people

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I struggle with faith every day. I want there to be a god but my common sense side reminds me organized religion is the biggest farce ever created by mankind. Churches simply suck and most members are cliquish to say the least. Every religion believes it is their way or the highway.
If there is one god and perfect religion who is to say which one it is?
My God is still living, those others are dead.
And this attitude is the problem right here folks.
People smugly spouting bullshit they cannot back up.
How does one "back up" a conviction based on faith?
By cutting off your head if you don't agree.
Among the many faithful Christians encountered to date, I have never seen such beheading.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by antlers
Why do you men think people are leaving it nowadays…? What are some of the reasons that you men think people simply don’t believe it anymore, or no longer find it attractive…?
Western Christianity is empty, hollow, in disarray and has little offer. Anytime there's a fracture within a congregation, any jack-ass with a Bible under their arm can call themselves a "preacher" and is free to go out and reinvent it in their own image and start a new "church". Everytime that happens, it dilutes what The Church was supposed to be and becomes another degree removed from it.
Please answer two inquiries. What is Western Christianity? What is the core definition of what "the church was supposed to be"? Thanks.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by Sauer200
People smugly spouting bullshit they cannot back up.

Where is Jesus’s body?
Surely the Pharisee ,Sadducee,and Romans didn’t want a story about resurrection . Jesus’s body would have proven once and for all the resurrection never happened. And it would have all ended right there.
But they couldn’t find the body because HE IS RISEN!

An empty tomb or lack of corpse is not proof of resurrection.
And a mere claim of 500 alleged witnesses (without actual first
hand testimony from them) doesn't hold water.
On the evidentiary scale it ranks way down low.

According to scripture Thomas touched the flesh of
Jesus in his earthly presence, so where did that flesh
and bone food eating version of Jesus end up?

Do you make the 'RISEN' claim as an article of faith
or historical fact?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Among the many faithful Christians encountered to date, I have never seen such beheading.

Did you see the resurrection?

Different set of standards maybe?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Willto
Something caused all of this to happen. Self aware beings made out of meat didn't just spontaneously erupt up out a barren rock spinning through the universe.
And yet people who can't believe that to be true turn around and in the next breath and profess their belief in a God that apparently sprang forth from nothing.
Attributing the creation of the universe to a god doesn't solve any grand mystery. Because the question simply shifts to, "Where did this god come from?" What made him?
Are you assuming that professing Christians are on a quest to solve some Grand Mystery?

I am pointing out the double standard of those who ridicule people over the notion that the matter and life of the universe could spring forth from nothing and develop on its own while simultaneously believing that a specific creator god, for which they have no evidence of, made the universe by some means they also fail to explain. If all things had to come from something then were did god come from? About the only answer you will get is the attempt to grant their god special exemption status and claim that he has always existed. Another convenient double standard as they also ridicule the notion that perhaps the universe has always existed in some form or another and that we are just currently living in its latest incarnation.

You may not like it but I'm just being honest. I do not know how the universe started. But here's what I can promise you, no one posting here knows either. Some like to pretend that they do based on a book written 2000 years ago by people who knew even less about the true nature of the universe than your average 3rd grader does today.

Last edited by Willto; 01/24/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you see the resurrection?

Different set of standards maybe?

The special pleading fallacy is strong amongst believers,
apologists can spend their whole life trying to perfect the art.

Originally Posted by Willto
..believing that a specific creator god, for which they have no evidence of,
made the universe by some means they also fail to explain.

Well, Theology is nothing more than a broad spectrum of mans subjective
mind theories about a mysterious unknowable g0d they believe to exist.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I’ll answer your question but you answer mine.
What is your worldview. Are you a Jew, satanist, agnostic, atheist ,Muslim, mason, other like the religion of science ?

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So you don't answer questions already put forward until someone answers
your question you jumped the queue with?

What's with your sense of entitlement?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Starman
So you don't answer questions already put forward until someone answers
your question you jumped the queue with?

What's with your sense of entitlement?

It’s clear what my worldview is here. I don’t hide anything.

Projection much?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffP
It’s clear what my worldview is here. I don’t hide anything.

No,sounds like you are just avoiding the questions
put to you and you want to keep dancing around them.

I come across enough childish Xtians as it is.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The great Satan is back.....
And you’re projecting again....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LoL..thanks for proving my point.

Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (160user, 10ring1, 222ND, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,572
Posts18,531,929
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.