Print Thread
Hop To
R
RickcNY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Anybody with experience with these ? Accuracy, reliability safety etc I know it’s a mouse gun not concerned about Caliber

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
One is in my pocket now and mostly all the time. Had several over the past 25 or more years and I like them other than being quite pricey for a little 22lr. Sights suck, and that's being generous as they're nothing but a tiny fingernail thin blade and don't show up for fast use but can be used for slow deliberate fire to some degree, kinda.

Other than that I love mine. It's my second or third pistol backup thingy. Basically I won't be without one because it actually gets carried and used.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Love mine for it's intended purposes.......just make sure you use high velocity ammo in it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just make sure you use 200% reliable ammo in it. There's obviously no extractor, so removing a dud can be a problem. Mine has never failed to light Stingers or Mini Mags. It's actually very accurate. The limiting factors are only the shooter's eyes and trigger control.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They work, and every one I have every one I have ever shot was more accurate than it has any right to be. I'm not sure what they're good for. About the same size as my LCP Max, so for a self defense pistol it doesn't make sense when .380's and .32's are available at the same size. I couldn't see myself hunting with one...I guess it could be used for finishing shots. Anyhow, very good pistols for someone looking for what they are. I just have never found a use for one.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Great pocket gun. Mine ran 100% on Blazers. Wished I had never sold it.
Sights sucked, but like others said, way more accurate than people think.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've shot one (never owned one). Given that it weighs the same as a S&W 43C and has the same ammo capacity, if I had to carry a lightweight .22lr mouse gun, I'd go with the J-frame over the auto. J frames might be the best example of when a laser grip on an EDC actually makes sense.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GunGeek
They work, and every one I have every one I have ever shot was more accurate than it has any right to be. I'm not sure what they're good for. About the same size as my LCP Max, so for a self defense pistol it doesn't make sense when .380's and .32's are available at the same size. I couldn't see myself hunting with one...I guess it could be used for finishing shots. Anyhow, very good pistols for someone looking for what they are. I just have never found a use for one.

Yes, I should note that mine has languished in the safe for the vast majority of the last couple of decades or more for this very reason. Back when I bought it, it kinda made sense. I have found it to still be a good training aid though, and therefore keep it in the collection.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I bought a 21a back in the mid 90s. Finicky with bulk ammo but runs very reliably on CCI mini-mags. I'd never consider carrying it for SD with all the better options available out there for pocket carry but it's actually a fun range plinker, and pretty accurate for it's size.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Guys, Guys, Guys. This Beretta is an old design from before a person had a plethora of CC options like the LCP etc.

Back then, a gun this small was rare, even if most of them were chambered in 22 Short and 25ACP. "Plastic" guns were not even thought of then.

My friend had the 22Short version.

I don't think I ever saw a 22LR.

However, the 22LR version was one of my Holy Grails before handgun transfers were shut down in Canada recently.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I've had one for about 4 months. I bought the covert model, threaded. Absolutely a hoot to shoot suppressed. I have had no issues but I shoot quality ammo. Wood grips are a little thick, which is fine, but I bought some of the thinner black plastic grips for carrying.

Last edited by killerv; 01/27/23.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have in my collection a beautiful all nickle one in .25 automatic.

I even reload for it with cast bullets.

Just farting around at 7 yards it will shove a bullet through a 2" pine board.

At close range it will "F" your day up.

The 21A in .22Lr is very accurate hitting pop cans at 60-70 feet at deer camp for beer bets is a hoot

Love both of mine.

Best
HeavyDove

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Here's mine, in a handy holster that fits neatly in a back pocket. It shoots reliably with CCI ammo, usually Stingers or Mini Mags. I may try it with a CCI shotshell for snakes this summer, need to pattern it first.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AB2506
Guys, Guys, Guys. This Beretta is an old design from before a person had a plethora of CC options like the LCP etc.

Back then, a gun this small was rare, even if most of them were chambered in 22 Short and 25ACP. "Plastic" guns were not even thought of then.

My friend had the 22Short version.

I don't think I ever saw a 22LR.

However, the 22LR version was one of my Holy Grails before handgun transfers were shut down in Canada recently.

Yes, exactly.

The last time mine saw regular use was as a dog training blank pistol. Easier to clean than just about anything else.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I’ve had one as a novelty for about 25 years. I can only echo what others say about them. IME, the accuracy I
far exceeds expectations.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,480
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.