Hop To
Page 9 of 32 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 31 32
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by CCCC
Among the many faithful Christians encountered to date, I have never seen such beheading.

Did you see the resurrection?

Different set of standards maybe?

Did you see the "Big Bang"?

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have not given up on God because I know he has not given up on me. I have given up on organized religion as I see it to be corrupt and self serving to its leaders.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
God and the Big Bang are not mutually exclusive.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Among the many faithful Christians encountered to date, I have never seen such beheading.
Did you see the resurrection? Different set of standards maybe?
I said zero about resurrection. You are dodging the issue. The claim was that Christians will cut off heads. So, what is the basis for that claim?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
"Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, " 1 Tim 4:1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Willto
Originally Posted by Willto
Something caused all of this to happen. Self aware beings made out of meat didn't just spontaneously erupt up out a barren rock spinning through the universe.
And yet people who can't believe that to be true turn around and in the next breath and profess their belief in a God that apparently sprang forth from nothing.
Attributing the creation of the universe to a god doesn't solve any grand mystery. Because the question simply shifts to, "Where did this god come from?" What made him?
Are you assuming that professing Christians are on a quest to solve some Grand Mystery?
I am pointing out the double standard of those who ridicule people over the notion that the matter and life of the universe could spring forth from nothing and develop on its own while simultaneously believing that a specific creator god, for which they have no evidence of, made the universe by some means they also fail to explain. If all things had to come from something then were did god come from? About the only answer you will get is the attempt to grant their god special exemption status and claim that he has always existed. Another convenient double standard as they also ridicule the notion that perhaps the universe has always existed in some form or another and that we are just currently living in its latest incarnation.
You may not like it but I'm just being honest. I do not know how the universe started. But here's what I can promise you, no one posting here knows either. Some like to pretend that they do based on a book written 2000 years ago by people who knew even less about the true nature of the universe than your average 3rd grader does today.
If, indeed, you think that you are "pointing out the double standard" you actually are pointing at nothing in the thinking and behavior of those who do not ridicule others. None of the Christians I know engage in ridiculing folks who behave as do you. In that regard, you are setting up a straw man for your own ridiculing purposes. Please cease and desist from such disingenuous acts.

Again, you spoke of a grand mystery - your words: ("Attributing the creation of the universe to a god doesn't solve any grand mystery. ") So, in your words, what IS the grand mystery and who should be solving that one?

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The Methodist screwed the pooch along time ago but there numbers were to great to see there funds being funneled to Africa and clergy the gay thing put the icing on the cake.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Did you see the resurrection?

Different set of standards maybe?

No, but there's a ton of evidence and scientific understanding and explanation to support that it happened, so strong in fact that it has scientific theory status. Resurrection - nil, nada, zip.

My standard uses facts, logic and truth. I have no need for faith especially where it contravenes the aforementioned qualities.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I said zero about resurrection. You are dodging the issue. The claim was that Christians will cut off heads. So, what is the basis for that claim?

Consider if you had typed "Among the many faithful Christians encountered to date, I have never seen such resurrection."

Well?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Consider if you had typed "Among the many faithful Christians encountered to date, I have never seen such resurrection."
The very fact is that I did not type that, or think it. I merely asked to see the basis for that boldly stated claim that "Christians will cut off heads". No basis provided so far - just dodging. Waiting, but for how long? What is it that the 5th graders say in such cases?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The very fact is that I did not type that, or think it. I merely asked to see the basis for that boldly stated claim that "Christians will cut off heads". No basis provided so far - just dodging. Waiting, but for how long? What is it that the 5th graders say in such cases?

The difference is that you demand proof for one but not the other - two standards. Faith has special concession requiring no facts at all, and despite any and all facts to the contrary.

Would tons of historical evidence for the murder by Christians over the millenia be satisfactory evidence in lieu of Christian initiated beheadings, or is it a pedantic point that solely relies on beheading? Does failure to provide a beheading example negate and absolve Christians of all other murders? I didn't think so.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The difference is that you demand proof for one but not the other - two standards. Faith has special concession requiring no facts at all, and despite any and all facts to the contrary.
Would tons of historical evidence for the murder by Christians over the millenia be satisfactory evidence in lieu of Christian initiated beheadings, or is it a pedantic point that solely relies on beheading? Does failure to provide a beheading example negate and absolve Christians of all other murders? I didn't think so.
Your usual attempt at deception. I did not "demand" anything - that is your chosen term for deflection. You are trying to create a straw may by complaining that I will not demand something you want me to demand. That ploy will not work. Neither will that recitation of your version of "history". That blatant claim about beheading by Christians appeared above - applied to the present/future tense. Zero proof provided. Remember - the 5th graders will be yelling.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
IZH27 (and others who are participating in this thread so far with genuinely honest responses): Do you see it that much of what makes the faith of Christianity in America so resistible and uninteresting and unattractive to those outside of the faith are things that those within Jesus’ ekklesia maybe should have been resisting all along…?
If Jesus’ ekklesia genuinely wants people to stop leaving the faith of Christianity ~ if Jesus’ ekklesia genuinely wants Christianity to be attractive again, and interesting again, and irresistible again ~ do you see it that maybe it’s time to take another look at the movement Jesus Himself started 2,000 years ago…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Your usual attempt at deception. I did not "demand" anything - that is your chosen term for deflection. You are trying to create a straw may by complaining that I will not demand something you want me to demand. That ploy will not work. Neither will that recitation of your version of "history". That blatant claim about beheading by Christians appeared above - applied to the present/future tense. Zero proof provided. Remember - the 5th graders will be yelling.

Well, you keep researching your beheading concerns then, but don't get sidetracked by the tons of documentation of the atrocities, persecution, discrimination etc perpetrated by Christians over the millennia. Just remember it's only about beheading, nothing else matters.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Beheadings were typical in the early days by all religions.

The story of David and Goliath (1 Samuel 17) is a factual account from biblical history that demonstrates how the Lord intercedes for His people. David was a shepherd, the youngest of the eight sons of Jesse of Bethlehem. King Saul and his men were battling the Philistines, one of which was a 9-foot giant named Goliath. The men of Saul’s army were afraid of Goliath, and there was no one to stand up to him. But David, filled with faith and a passion for God’s name which was being blasphemed by Goliath, slew Goliath with a stone and a sling. Then he cut off Goliath’s head with the giant’s own sword. When the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled before the Israelites, who had a great victory over them.

King David was grieved when his men thought they were pleasing him by killing and beheading Ish-bosheth, one of King Saul’s remaining sons (2 Samuel 4:7–8). The assassins brought the head of Ish-bosheth to David, expecting a reward. Instead of commending them, David was outraged that they had killed an innocent man in his own house. Rather than display Ish-bosheth’s head and reward his killers, David buried the head and had the men executed. David did not behead them but had their hands and feet cut off and displayed as a warning to anyone who would murder innocent men for political gain (2 Samuel 4:12).

Other beheadings in the Bible include the Egyptian baker, beheaded by Pharaoh (Genesis 40:20); King Saul, beheaded by the Philistines (1 Samuel 31:8–10); and Sheba, beheaded by the people of Abel Beth Maakah (2 Samuel 20:21–22). Abishai threatens to behead Shimei, but David forbids him (2 Samuel 16:9–10). Ashpenaz, the chief Babylonian court official, fears beheading by King Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 1:10). Of special interest is the “beheading” of the Philistine god Dagon. The Philistines had stolen the Ark of the Covenant and placed it in their temple of Dagon, “but the following morning when they rose, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the ark of the Lord! His head and hands had been broken off and were lying on the threshold; only his body remained” (1 Samuel 5:4). The Lord God of Israel, in cutting off Dagon’s head, plainly showed His victory over all false gods.

Now let see what the Christians did.....

In the Catholic 17th century 30 years' war against the Protestants, at least 40% of population decimated, mostly in Germany. [K.Deschner, Opus Diaboli, Reinbek 1987.31-32] And It's recorded in the Catholics sack the city of Magdeburg/Germany, roughly 30,000Protestants were slain. "In a single church fifty women were found beheaded," reported poet Friedrich Schiller. [D.Stannard, American Holocaust, Oxford University Press 1992, 191.]

We see it in the slaughter of the Albigensians which was really the first Roman Catholic crusade intended to slay other Christians. [K.Deschner, Opus Diaboli, Reinbek 1987, 29]The Albigensians...viewed themselves as good Christians, but would not accept Roman Catholic rule, and taxes, and dictates. Then on the command of pope Innocent III in 1209, Bezirs (today France) was destroyed, all the inhabitants were beheaded/slaughtered. Victims including Catholics refusing to turn over their neighbors and friends were up to 70,000. [H.Wollschlger: Die bewaffneten Wallfahrten gen Jerusalem, Zrich 1973.179-181]

I say, just like our American Civil War....do not erase history, as we need to learn from it.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No, but there's a ton of evidence and scientific understanding and explanation to support that it happened, so strong in fact that it has scientific theory status. Resurrection - nil, nada, zip.

1931,Georges Lemaître was both cosmologist and Catholic priest, proposed the BigBang
based on actual observation of bodies in space and Vatican officials are on record stating
genesis/ Adam and Eve is fictional...basically a tall tale for child-minded simpleton folk.

I don't see how virgin birth and resurrection claims
would be any more credible than Adam-Eve and talking
snakes.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well, you keep researching your beheading concerns then, but don't get sidetracked by the tons of documentation of the atrocities, persecution, discrimination etc perpetrated by Christians over the millennia. Just remember it's only about beheading, nothing else matters.

According to the rigorous standards that you place on what qualifies as truth or not I must ask you that surely you have seen those beheadings, atrocities and persecution firsthand….with your OWN eyes?….😂

Dipshit!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

According to the rigorous standards that you place on what qualifies as truth or not I must ask you that surely you have seen those beheadings, atrocities and persecution firsthand….with your OWN eyes?….😂

Dipshit!

Of course not, and that's the blindingly obvious point that you've missed. There are plenty of historic recordings, and other evidence, researched, reviewed and verified by historians. It's not at all subject to your Christian incredulity, despite where your angry ignorance leads you.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beheadings were typical in the early days by all religions.

The British still had a policy of beheading during the Malayan Emergency of the 1950s.
The head of the British Crown is also the head of the Church of England and troops
sign up in their contract to serve the Crown...Of course the British denied such allegations
until irrefutable evidence surfaced , then they defended beheadings as a necessary policy.

The current oath of allegiance:

"I swear by almighty God that I will be faithful, and bear true allegiance
to his Majesty King Charles III, his heirs and successors, and that I will
as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend his Majesty, his heirs
and successors in person, crown and dignity, against all enemies, and
will observe and obey all orders of His Majesty, his heirs and successors
and the generals and officers set over me."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 9 of 32 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10ring1, 73 invisible), 2,926 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,579
Posts18,532,191
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.