Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Not looking good. Lots of other companies coming out with earnings this week too

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3927657-microsoft-tumbles-analysts-debate-about-guidance

Looks like the short Jan bounce is over. Just like last year

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keeping my powder dry. I think the first quarter is going to be rocky. Will work back in after this shakes out a bit.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see another 20% -30% or so to the downside, the real crash hasn't really started yet. The fed will push us into to recession, they told us as much.

Last edited by Stormin_Norman; 01/25/23.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
microsoft earnings

xbox sales down

linked in usage up

guessing the free cash ride is finally coming to a halt

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
LOL...

But people want to make big market gains...

People are anxious for the market to boom again... as long there are no mean tweets.

BUT... I seen no fundamentals in place for a recovery.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
If Powell keeps raising the rates, and earnings keep going down, we will see the S&P at 3,200. If the panic selling starts we will see 2,800. It was not even 3 yrs ago the bottom was 2,300. I will just run the coarse , but I have $5,000 waiting for the SEP and $5,400 in a ROTH just sitting there. I am getting 4.15% interest. The ticker is SPRXX . It's a cash account through Fidelity. Put in any time take it out any time with no penalty.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looks pretty flat today to me.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Watching to see what happens in Feb/March (think, what happened in 2009). IF it dives, like I think it will, I’ll jump on some bargains. No big moves until that hashes out.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
“ Everybody’s selling? Then Buy! Everybody’s buying? Then Sell!”

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ihookem
If Powell keeps raising the rates, and earnings keep going down, we will see the S&P at 3,200. If the panic selling starts we will see 2,800. It was not even 3 yrs ago the bottom was 2,300. I will just run the coarse , but I have $5,000 waiting for the SEP and $5,400 in a ROTH just sitting there. I am getting 4.15% interest. The ticker is SPRXX . It's a cash account through Fidelity. Put in any time take it out any time with no penalty.

If only the dum basses would let rates sit where we are for 5-6 months before making rash decisions[raising them higher], things would most likely simmer enough to tame inflation for a while.
OTOH, had they not left rates artificially low for 10+ years we most likely could have avoided the current mess[despite FJB]

FJB & FJT
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I see the commies in the media are rooting for tesla to be down when they report earnings tonight

Elon has gotten under their skin.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I see the commies in the media are rooting for tesla to be down when they report earnings tonight

It’s ironic that just a couple years ago he was their darling & savior.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GAGoober

It’s ironic that just a couple years ago he was their darling & savior.
LOL! They are a fickle bunch of fuggers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tesla being Non-Union really pisses them off.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I own some Microsoft. My bet is they will continue to pay dividends and in a couple of years they will be going back up. They just bought an AI company. (artificial intelligence) They have done this time and again buying up companies and expanding. I have almost 3 years before I have to start taking minimum distributions. I can ride this out just like every other recession year.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
They bought the Dip Today ..

The thing to watch is a Spike Up in Unemployment Claims …

If claims Spike Up better Head to Hard Assets and Utilities..

The End

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ribka
Not looking good. Lots of other companies coming out with earnings this week too

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3927657-microsoft-tumbles-analysts-debate-about-guidance

Looks like the short Jan bounce is over. Just like last year

Yep. Bolshevik POS neonazis are going down. America's future has never looked brighter.

The new Republic will be going through birth pains.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

He's fixing to rip them a new asswhole.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by GAGoober
“ Everybody’s selling? Then Buy! Everybody’s buying? Then Sell!”

An old man my dad knew said once. When everyones crying , you should be buying. When everyones yellin , you should be sellin.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by ihookem

If only the dum basses would let rates sit where we are for 5-6 months before making rash decisions[raising them higher], things would most likely simmer enough to tame inflation for a while.
OTOH, had they not left rates artificially low for 10+ years we most likely could have avoided the current mess[despite FJB]

Yes, the feds should have started raising rates in 2010 when the market took off. President Obama enjoyed one rate raise ( 1/4%) . It should have been a rate hike twice a year and on schedule for the last 10 yrs. It now would be 5% and that is about right. We would not see this jumpy market .

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,402
Posts18,470,144
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.