Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 32 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Raspy
Beheadings were typical in the early days by all religions.
The British still had a policy of beheading during the Malayan Emergency of the 1950s. The head of the British Crown is also the head of the Church of England and troops
sign up in their contract to serve the Crown...Of course the British denied such allegations
until irrefutable evidence surfaced , then they defended beheadings as a necessary policy.
To be sure, I do not have "beheading concerns" as you would like to believe. I may have concerns about posters who state crazy, unsubstantiated things and work disingenuously. Earlier in this thread, you were declared a phony and others were warned/advised to ignore your antics. So - - -

Last edited by CCCC; 01/24/23. Reason: slight addition to afford clarity

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CCCC if you want to take the word of folk that believe
in religious mythology , go right ahead.

But here's image of Scots Guards operating
in Malaya serving God and King under oath.
The British Crown defended such
beheading policy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oprah Winfrey as an example. Oprah says she is a Christian, yet she has said at various times that she is her own God.

Some of the following groups: politicians, Hollywood stars, East Coast and California elites, do not want to be practicing Christians where there are behavioral restrictions.

It’s easier to be their own God where they can sleep with neighbor’s wife, abort babies, live a homosexual lifestyle, drink to excess and/or do drugs and not face any societal consequences. They determine their own religious norms.

Over time, the rest of society follows the examples of the above groups. As their own God, they don’t need traditional CChristianity.

We are feeling the effects of our tolerance of sin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
To be sure, I do not have "beheading concerns" as you would like to believe. -

I made no claim about what your concerns
may or may not be, nor did you even warrant
a passing mention by me.
My post was clearly in response to Raspy
on the subject nothing more.

So why exactly did you respond?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Among the many faithful Christians encountered to date, I have never seen such beheading.
Did you see the resurrection? Different set of standards maybe?
I said zero about resurrection. You are dodging the issue. The claim was that Christians will cut off heads. So, what is the basis for that claim?

I think I first mentioned beheadings. It was in response to a question about how you prove your faith. It was not directed at Christians, but many religions over time have proved their faith by beheading unbelievers.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RHClark
[quote=CCCC]I think I first mentioned beheadings. It was in response to a question about how you prove your faith. It was not directed at Christians, but many religions over time have proved their faith by beheading unbelievers.
The ones that got beheaded were the lucky ones. Christianity's favored method of intimidating heretics was to strip someone naked, tie them to a post a start a slow fire. All done in public with mandatory attendance by the locals. A matter of verifiable history.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Did you see the "Big Bang"?
God and the Big Bang are not mutually exclusive.

I made no statement to either effect. My point was that the atheists are perfectly willing to believe what someone today tells them about what was allegedly seen through a super-duper telescope and enhanced by a super-duper computer; and then believe the theory which they say explains what the computer produced. But they dismiss eyewitness accounts of the resurrection. Intellectual snobbery at its finest.

Last edited by There_Ya_Go; 01/25/23.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
But they dismiss eyewitness accounts of the resurrection. Intellectual snobbery at its finest.

Which biblical author personally witnessed the resurrection of Jesus? Be aware that I already know the answer to this question.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Willto
But they dismiss eyewitness accounts of the resurrection. Intellectual snobbery at its finest.

Which biblical author personally witnessed the resurrection of Jesus? Be aware that I already know the answer to this question.

Are you asking who saw the actual moment of the resurrection? Or who saw Jesus after the resurrection?

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Are you asking who saw the actual moment of the resurrection? Or who saw Jesus after the resurrection?

The resurrection.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Raspy
Beheadings were typical in the early days by all religions.

The British still had a policy of beheading during the Malayan Emergency of the 1950s.
The head of the British Crown is also the head of the Church of England and troops
sign up in their contract to serve the Crown...Of course the British denied such allegations
until irrefutable evidence surfaced , then they defended beheadings as a necessary policy.

The current oath of allegiance:

"I swear by almighty God that I will be faithful, and bear true allegiance
to his Majesty King Charles III, his heirs and successors, and that I will
as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend his Majesty, his heirs
and successors in person, crown and dignity, against all enemies, and
will observe and obey all orders of His Majesty, his heirs and successors
and the generals and officers set over me."

Interesting info below....

Alex Vostox, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia, 5 years ago

If anyone ask "Why carrying the Communist corpse or chopping their head?" That answer is for intelligence purpose. The Malayan Communist Party member mainly consisted of local Chinese (They assume the situation of Communist China victory against Kuomintang can be copying in Malaya) and got ties with triads / secret society. Any intelligence collected by troops on the ground is important for Malayan Special Branch and Army Intelligence. The practice of chopping the communist terrorist head also for the same reason. You don't wan't to carrying a heavy decaying corpse through humid forest and unpredictable Malaya weather, sapping all your energy as you walking out the OP area. At least head is much lighter than whole body. And "Why not just photograph the bodies instead?" The problem is the film cameras at that time cannot handled the rough Malayan weather and environment. Most of the picture above were taken in area closer than deep jungle. Allowed them to be 'saved' much faster.

Illegitimi non carborundum

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Again, what author of the Bible saw the actual resurrection. You said people like myself don't believe eyewitness accounts. Stories told by people are often wildly inaccurate or greatly enhanced especially as they are retold over the years. But in this case nothing in the Bible is even being written by a person who was actually there. They are just regurgitating a story they heard. Gee that can't be wrong huh?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RHClark
[quote=CCCC]I think I first mentioned beheadings. It was in response to a question about how you prove your faith. It was not directed at Christians, but many religions over time have proved their faith by beheading unbelievers.
The ones that got beheaded were the lucky ones. Christianity's favored method of intimidating heretics was to strip someone naked, tie them to a post a start a slow fire. All done in public with mandatory attendance by the locals. A matter of verifiable history.

Ugh!

Illegitimi non carborundum

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Did you see the "Big Bang"?
God and the Big Bang are not mutually exclusive.

I made no statement to either effect. My point was that the atheists are perfectly willing to believe what someone today tells them about what was allegedly seen through a super-duper telescope and enhanced by a super-duper computer; and then believe the theory which they say explains what the computer produced. But they dismiss eyewitness accounts of the resurrection. Intellectual snobbery at its finest.
What you fail to understand is: I no more need to know the actual origin of the Universe than you need to know the origin of God.

I know the Universe exists. I know that it has been running on autopilot for several billion years.

I know there are some interesting theories as to how the Universe might have originated. They are just that, intetesting theories.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T

Again, what author of the Bible saw the actual resurrection. You said people like myself don't believe eyewitness accounts. Stories told by people are often wildly inaccurate or greatly enhanced especially as they are retold over the years. But in this case nothing in the Bible is even being written by a person who was actually there. They are just regurgitating a story they heard. Gee that can't be wrong huh?

Why did you refuse to clarify your question?

Actual authors of the Bible saw Jesus after the resurrection. If I see someone alive after I've seen them dead, that's good evidence that a resurrection occurred, even if I wasn't there at the moment it happened. If you see me on the street, you can be quite sure I was born, even though you weren't in the delivery room.

Look, I understand that bringing someone back to life after they've been brutally murdered is extraordinary and hard to believe. And things that happened 2,000 years ago become dim to some people. Heck, there is more recent history than the resurrection that people deny having happened. Would you believe if God had done something ordinary, that any mere human could explain or duplicate? It seems that either way, there are going to be those who will not believe. Been that way forever, so far.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Actual authors of the Bible saw Jesus after the resurrection. If I see someone alive after I've seen them dead, that's good evidence that a resurrection occurred, even if I wasn't there at the moment it happened. If you see me on the street, you can be quite sure I was born, even though you weren't in the delivery room.
word

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by antlers
word

Both Word and word 😜

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To be sure, I do not have "beheading concerns" as you would like to believe. -

I made no claim about what your concerns
Thanks for the observation. My correction: the statement "Well, you keep researching your beheading concerns" was made by the mausrand9mm guy, not you. I tend to get you two mixed in together.

may or may not be, nor did you even warrant
a passing mention by me.
My post was clearly in response to Raspy
on the subject nothing more.

So why exactly did you respond?
Folks on the Campfire do so regularly - is there some rule that one may only speak if spoken to?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
' ... Actual authors of the Bible saw Jesus after the resurrection. ..."

No, they did not. The Gospels of the New Testament were written by Greek Christians, in Greek, more than 70 years after Jesus died. Dr. Bart Ehrman, a noted New Testament historian and scholar, explains this in the following video.

His videos are very interesting.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 10 of 32 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (160user, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 10ring1, 222ND, 257 mag, 70 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,575
Posts18,532,002
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.