C
Just got a couple of pounds of superperfomance to try with 80s

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’m getting 3100 fps with 75 ELDM out of my T3 Varmint .223. Thought about a 22-250 and figured no.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I’m getting 3100 fps with 75 ELDM out of my T3 Varmint .223. Thought about a 22-250 and figured no.

P

Pharm -- I remember seeing that on another thread. That has to be pushing the limits to an extreme. I've shot the 75 in tons of 223's and upper 2700's is about all I can get. Granted, they were all 22" or shorter barrels, but 3100 is smoking!

I'm not saying you hadn't stumbled onto a magic formula. I just don't know how you're achieving those numbers.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

P

Pharm -- I remember seeing that on another thread. That has to be pushing the limits to an extreme. I've shot the 75 in tons of 223's and upper 2700's is about all I can get. Granted, they were all 22" or shorter barrels, but 3100 is smoking!

I'm not saying you hadn't stumbled onto a magic formula. I just don't know how you're achieving those numbers.

Hornady shows 2790 for their factory loading, and Hornady has been very aggressive in eeking out every bit of velocity that they can. Something is amiss.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since someone brought this to the top and in case someone may be looking for one, Scheels carries these.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Since someone brought this to the top and in case someone may be looking for one, Scheels carries these.

A lot of places carry them. They are also available online as well. I bought mine a few months back from a po dunk town in Nevada. Then the next month I went back and there was a nice new stainless one in its place. I damn near bought that one too!!! How many of you guys have wrung these out?? I don't see too much in the reloading or hunting rifle forums about them. I replaced a 204 Ruger Tikka T3x with the 1 in 8 twist 22-250 because it's a better mousetrap. YMMV..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

P

Pharm loads everything hotter than a mother fugger. One of these days.. "Straight to the moon"!!!! For all intents and purposes, the 22-250 smokes the little 223.. You guys know that though..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

How many of you guys have wrung these out?? I don't see too much in the reloading or hunting rifle forums about them.
I have and mine does very well and is very accurate with 75 ELDs and Varget (32 grains). It also shoots 77 TMKs very well also. I'm amazed at the complete lack of load data for the 22-250 and 88 ELDs. Since there is none in their app or recent manual, I even contacted Hornady on the phone and they have none. Go figure.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

How many of you guys have wrung these out?? I don't see too much in the reloading or hunting rifle forums about them.
I have and mine does very well and is very accurate with 75 ELDs and Varget (32 grains). It also shoots 77 TMKs very well also. I'm amazed at the complete lack of load data for the 22-250 and 88 ELDs. Since there is none in their app or recent manual, I even contacted Hornady on the phone and they have none. Go figure.

Thanks big sky. Yeah, they are fun for sure. I am just now getting around to messing with mine. I am sure glad I got rid of the 204 Ruger and replaced it with this 22-250. The little .204 bullets were just getting tossed around in the wind too much. Even at 400 yards. I got tired of 2 and 3 moa hold offs with that rifle. Groups were always sub moa for 3 shots at that range, but you had to hold a hell of a lot off or dial a lot to compensate!! The 22-250 with 77's and even 69's are so much better in that regard. Hopefully hornady gets their schidt together and produces more 88gr load data.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Just an FYI -- after we did the exclusive run, Tikka catalogued the 1 in 8" 22-250 the next year. As far as I know, they still make it.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just an FYI -- after we did the exclusive run, Tikka catalogued the 1 in 8" 22-250 the next year. As far as I know, they still make it.

From what I have seen, they must still be making them. I believe I bought my blued model about 4 months ago. May have been 5 months now and like I said in a previous post. A month later, they had another one on the shelf, but it was stainless. I really wanted the stainless one instead of the blued model, but I can not complain about how mine is shooting.. Spruced it up a little with a different stock and other accoutrements:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Come to think of it, that rifle may be the epitome of cheap rifles.. Stock didn't cost a dime, New V4 basically cost me $500.00, none of the Mountain Tactical parts cost a dime. Great rifle that shows some promise:

It's been in the back of the safe for a few months. Haven't messed with it much until last week. Now I'll be fine tuning a new rifle I just bought yesterday. Need to go and pick that one up and start in with glass bedding and tuning the trigger. Never ending, but good hobby..

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
TAC

Load loooong

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Don’t try it. Safe in my rifle not yours.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

P

Pharm loads everything hotter than a mother fugger. One of these days.. "Straight to the moon"!!!! For all intents and purposes, the 22-250 smokes the little 223.. You guys know that though..

Hey now!

7mm-08, 150 eldx at 2790 ain’t hot!

7mm Rem Mag 162 eldx at 2988 ain’t hot!

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For years I've been using TAC and the 75 AM in a Tikka T3x Varmint .223 that was reamed to .223AI. A charge of 25.5 gr of TAC has served as a good FF load, and I originally settled on a node at 27 gr of TAC in formed cases for ~3125 fps, but had a lot of primer blanking problems, and even blew a primer or two, so backed down to 26 gr for 3015 fps with no blanking or other signs of excessive pressure. That's in an AI chamber.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

A lot of places carry them. They are also available online as well. I bought mine a few months back from a po dunk town in Nevada. Then the next month I went back and there was a nice new stainless one in its place. I damn near bought that one too!!! How many of you guys have wrung these out?? I don't see too much in the reloading or hunting rifle forums about them. I replaced a 204 Ruger Tikka T3x with the 1 in 8 twist 22-250 because it's a better mousetrap. YMMV..

Mine was an awesome shooter with 75 ELDs and 77 TMKs.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Schitsmeller is fhuqking clueless and her chrono is a piece of fhuqking schit. Reality isn't for everyone,as she expounds upon daily. Hint. LAUGHING!

I KNOW the Teeker 8" RPM '250 better than anyone,whether OEM or punched Speedmire. Hint.

Nice rifle(s),but the OEM bottom "metal" is fhuqking Dog Schit. Hint.

Teeker 8" 223's will scoot 75's to 2950fps in AICS DBM's and Lever' has no equal there, CTR's boast the COAL to extrapolate and I "only" have two of them. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Schitsmeller is fhuqking clueless and her chrono is a piece of fhuqking schit. Reality isn't for everyone,as she expounds upon daily. Hint. LAUGHING!

I KNOW the Teeker 8" RPM '250 better than anyone,whether OEM or punched Speedmire. Hint.

Nice rifle(s),but the OEM bottom "metal" is fhuqking Dog Schit. Hint.

Teeker 8" 223's will scoot 75's to 2950fps in AICS DBM's and Lever' has no equal there, CTR's boast the COAL to extrapolate and I "only" have two of them. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................
Yep...[bleep] laughing here as well. No [bleep] way 26.0gr of Tac in a standard 223 salami gives 3100 without a [bleep] up chrony or being high on pills

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
The retard no doubt voted for measure 114 as well. Willamette Valley.....translation.... California Pill Pusher.

Fuggin hilarious....I've shot 25.5gr Tac in a Kimber long master classic 223 (26" barrel) and the velocity was over 100 FPS slower than 25.5gr of lever with same.

Tac was slow as fxk at 2750.........75gr HPBT Hornady.
Lever was 2900 FPS.

Guess chronies on the west side of the state are as f#cked up as the residents

Last edited by screaminweasil; 01/25/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
You guys are funny.

Tell me more about me, I love it.

They ran a little slower in my brother’s T3 Varmint but it was a cold day in December, below freezing I believe.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
You guys are funny.

Tell me more about me, I love it.

They ran a little slower in my brother’s T3 Varmint but it was a cold day in December, below freezing I believe.

I think both your chronograph and your calipers need calibrated.....

Last edited by JimH; 01/28/23.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.