Page 13 of 32 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 31 32
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by Hastings
Did you see the "Big Bang"?
God and the Big Bang are not mutually exclusive.

I made no statement to either effect. My point was that the atheists are perfectly willing to believe what someone today tells them about what was allegedly seen through a super-duper telescope and enhanced by a super-duper computer; and then believe the theory which they say explains what the computer produced. But they dismiss eyewitness accounts of the resurrection. Intellectual snobbery at its finest.
- - - - - Faith is not a suitable substitute for the truth. - - - - -
If a person were actually able to know a real "truth", faith would not need to be a suitable substitute for that. Then again, an individual's concept or notion of the truth will never be an adequate substitute for faith.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You need to educate yourself about the science and what constitutes facts and evidence. Faith is not a suitable substitute for the truth.

You're a double vaxxed covtard.

You "followed the science".

You thought you knew the "facts" and "evidence".

You had "faith" in government propaganda.

And it was a complete hoax.

It was an obvious hoax.

And you fell for it.

You've no business questioning anyone else's reasoning, when yours is so defective.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
' ... Actual authors of the Bible saw Jesus after the resurrection. ..."

No, they did not. The Gospels of the New Testament were written by Greek Christians, in Greek, more than 70 years after Jesus died. Dr. Bart Ehrman, a noted New Testament historian and scholar, explains this in the following video.

His videos are very interesting.

FWIW.

L.W.

William Albright PhD archeologist disagrees strongly. He wrote the entire New Testament was written before the year 70AD. He said It was written by Jews. He was NOT a Christian!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
He is wrong. The reasons why are readily available.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am on the verge of converting to Judaism as is my son. He actually regularly attends meetings at a Jewish house of worship down around New Orleans where he lives.

The miracle of Jewish survival and the rebirth of Israel is hard to ignore.

As prophesied they have returned to their land and have become a world superpower both financially and militarily.

I have come to believe Jesus invited the rest of the world into Judaism. He clearly said he came to the lost sheep of Israel.

My DNA test shows a small amount of Jewish ancestry although as I understand that is not necessary for conversion.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CCCC

I made no statement to either effect. My point was that the atheists are perfectly willing to believe what someone today tells them about what was allegedly seen through a super-duper telescope and enhanced by a super-duper computer; and then believe the theory which they say explains what the computer produced. But they dismiss eyewitness accounts of the resurrection. Intellectual snobbery at its finest.
- - - - - Faith is not a suitable substitute for the truth. - - - - -
If a person were actually able to know a real "truth", faith would not need to be a suitable substitute for that. Then again, an individual's concept or notion of the truth will never be an adequate substitute for faith.

Believing in something that you don't know to be true is just attempting to fill in the gaps in the falsehood of pretending to know. An appropriate honest answer for the gaps would be we don't know. The more we know the more the gods dissappear into the folklore.

Faith is a usefull excuse for commiting attrocities and/or making a buck or two.

Scientists don't go around killing people because they don't believe in science.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Fubarski
You need to educate yourself about the science and what constitutes facts and evidence. Faith is not a suitable substitute for the truth.

You're a double vaxxed covtard.

You "followed the science".

You thought you knew the "facts" and "evidence".

You had "faith" in government propaganda.

And it was a complete hoax.

It was an obvious hoax.

And you fell for it.

You've no business questioning anyone else's reasoning, when yours is so defective.

How so?

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I am on the verge of converting to Judaism as is my son. He actually regularly attends meetings at a Jewish house of worship down around New Orleans where he lives.

As prophesied they have returned to their land and have become a world superpower both financially and militarily.

I have come to believe Jesus invited the rest of the world into Judaism. He clearly said he came to the lost sheep of Israel.

My DNA test shows a small amount of Jewish ancestry although as I understand that is not necessary for conversion.

Yet orthodox Judaism rejects Jesus as their prophesied Messiah.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Faith is a usefull excuse for commiting attrocities and/or making a buck or two.

Scientists don't go around killing people because they don't believe in science.
Ever hear of abortion?

Politics is War by Other Means
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

If you convert to Judaism will you apologize to the Baptist church that you are a leader of? Will you finally stop calling yourself a Christian?

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

How does one practice Judaism without a temple in which to make sacrifices?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27

If you convert to Judaism will you apologize to the Baptist church that you are a leader of? Will you finally stop calling yourself a Christian?
Probably not, I believe Jesus is who he said he is.

Hebrew Roots Judaizer
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Which question(s) were you answering there?

Are you saying you’re a Christian even if converting to Judaism?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

There are no eyewitness accounts of the alledged resurrection anyway - you're making crap up.

LOL, I see that you are still auditioning to be the next Biden press secretary. You sound just like our Democrats, making disjointed declarations and accusations that use all the buzz words, without anything to back it up. I am sincerely sorry for whatever caused the bitterness that you have toward Christians and our faith, because your vitriol towards us goes far beyond mere disagreement; it seems indicative of some deep-seated trauma in your past. Otherwise, why continue to lash out every time one of these threads appear? The OP posed the question of why Christianity seems to be declining. You could just state your belief that the decline is because people are realizing that it is a hoax, then leave the rest of us to civilly discuss other causes. But no, you have this strange compulsion to continue to attack Christianity as long as the thread is active. It's odd, because I doubt this much venom would be coming from you on any other subject; even if someone's screen name was pushfeedand7mm, I doubt that your hair would be set on fire like it is on this subject.

We've done this dance before and I see no need to further engage someone with your, frankly, unhinged mentality. My post and response were directed towards Hastings, not you.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

Well now, Christianity is a sect of Judaism. Jesus was a Jew as were most of the early Christians. He was pretty clear that he did not come to abolish the law and the prophets and he was also very clear that he came to the lost sheep of Israel. GOD was very clear that the covenant with the Jews is everlasting. Christianity nowadays and for the last many hundred years has left Jesus out except for his name. So, yes I can believe in and follow Jesus' teachings and convert to Judaism. I am studying it and considering it.

Hebrew Roots Judaizer
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
How many books of the Bible do you actually accept? Hadn’t you discounted all except a handful?

If keeping the law according to historical Judaism is the route you choose to take is think that it would be imperative that you clear your conscience concerning the Baptist church and your dealings with those people.

Deceiving them by influencing them down a path that you know is contrary to their beliefs breaks several of the commandments upon which you claim place so much importance.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw

Well now, Christianity is a sect of Judaism. Jesus was a Jew as were most of the early Christians. He was pretty clear that he did not come to abolish the law and the prophets and he was also very clear that he came to the lost sheep of Israel. GOD was very clear that the covenant with the Jews is everlasting. Christianity nowadays and for the last many hundred years has left Jesus out except for his name. So, yes I can believe in and follow Jesus' teachings and convert to Judaism. I am studying it and considering it.

If they’re the same why is conversion necessary?

Why did Jews like the Pharisee Saul chase down, imprison, and execute Christians?

Why did the Jews shout in support of the Romans crucifying Jesus?

How does one practice Judaism without a temple in which to offer sacrifices?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’d say that he isn’t serious but is just throwing things against the wall. Call it womanly intuition.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
How many books of the Bible do you actually accept? Hadn’t you discounted all except a handful?

If keeping the law according to historical Judaism is the route you choose to take is think that it would be imperative that you clear your conscience concerning the Baptist church and your dealings with those people.

Deceiving them by influencing them down a path that you know is contrary to their beliefs breaks several of the commandments upon which you claim place so much importance.
How can he be breaking commandments by enlightening people and helping them to learn the errors of their ways?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by efw

Now wait a minuet. If you want to go by what Jesus said read the whole verse. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law "but to fulfill it". What that means is that everything that the law did is finished in him. Believe what you want but don't join anything unless you can believe the teachings as they stand.

Page 13 of 32 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, AB2506, 300_savage, 21 invisible), 17,491 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,997
Posts18,540,249
Members74,053
Most Online21,066

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.