Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
My son is 20 years old and has been living with 2 male roommates he graduated high school with.
One of the roommates has always been the class clown but recently has been getting drunk and trying to fight my son.
My son is the alpha male 220 pound (not fat) wrestler type. He’s always declined to fight the kid.
Last Friday night it was the same old story except another guy their age was at the house and he got sick of the clowns crap and head butted him in the face knocking his head through the wall.
The clown started crying(in front of girls) and left the house(driving drunk).
My son went to bed right after that(it was about 11 pm).
One of his friends woke him up at 7am sayin what the F happened?!
My son was lying in his bed in a BIG puddle of blood with three lacerations on his head from 1-2.5” in length.
He had no idea anything had happened.
The neighbor kid down the street said the clown and his brother had come by his house late that night and he noticed the brother had a broken swollen hand. When asked what happened they said “we just beat up Quentin”(my son).
It’s obvious the clown went and got his brother, returned to the house and attacked my son in his bed. Whether he heard them and sat up in his bed(he’s a very heavy sleeper) or they just hit him while he was lying there we don’t know.
I took him to the emergency room, the CT scan came back clear and he was diagnosed with a concussion.
He’s been sleeping most of the days since then (6days).
The police contacted him at the hospital and he declined to press charges.
He told me he doesn’t want to press charges because he doesn’t want them to press charges on him when he exacts his vengeance.
I told him it’s already past that point and we need to let the police handle it from here.
I don’t want him to end up with a felony, this kid lives to hunt. He worked as a meat packer on Dall sheep hunts in Alaska last summer, he’s killed numerous elk and mule deer and trophy black tail. He took our pack string into the wilderness this year all on his own.
He’s got a lot to lose. Our whole family is traumatized right now.
I’m looking for advice on how to convince him to press charges. I know we have alot of LEO on here that could hopefully chime in.
Quentin is a no drugs, hard worker good kid.
My family believes in the power of prayer and would appreciate those as well.

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He told me he doesn’t want to press charges because he doesn’t want them to press charges on him when he exacts his vengeance.

Really, think that bump on the head has affected his ability to grasp reality, big time.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thinking that because you don't eat the lion (press charges) the lion won't eat you (press charges when you retaliate) is foolish.

Other dude's already shown he's a bitch, he'll press charges regardless should your son retaliate physically.

Me

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
***NOT LEGAL ADVICE***

You pretty much have zero case. Too much time has lapsed and you have almost no evidence that would sway a court, much less a magistrate.

How I read this is, three dudes were trashed, guy #3 hit guy #2, then went home. Guy #2 got a buddy and beat guy #1, but guy #1 was drunk so he didn't know because he was passed out drunk.

What you need to do is convince your son to NOT "exacts his vengeance". That will be his downfall. This isn't 1980 where you could go have a street fight and nobody would really care as long as someone didn't die or get severely injured. I can almost promise you that if your son goes and "exacts his vengeance", those on the receiving end will absolutely press charges at the first opportunity.

Your goal moving forward should be to convince your son not to "exact his vengeance".

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 01/26/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pressing charges would have worked 40 years ago. If Quentin wants to continue hunting and a decent life, he needs to get out of that group and find another place to live. Have him move back home and start over until he can find another place to live.

He should avoid all contact with those people and move forward…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
My thought is to use your time, energy and perhaps money to get him a place of his own. He is not such a heavy sleeper naturally to get such wounds without waking. He was passed out from something. His friends are not good influences, but I fail to see how pressing charges will help anything. I understand you are mad and want revenge, but I do feel you are downplaying your son's responsibility, even if it's just poor judgement on his part.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Your son needs to calm his schit down, find new people to hang around with and quit drinking.

If he really needs revenge (which I understand) he needs to do it on the sly, don't talk about it just do it without the other dumb ass knowing about it.

Tell him to be patient and wait until the time is right.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why would the Clown guy go after your Son?
As you say he did nothing to the clown.

If it were my Son I would point out the lesson to be taken here is.....Watch who you drink, hang, bang with because some people are destroyers and go through life doing that to everyone they come in contact with.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Your son needs to make a police complaint if he truly is innocent. If he is not and he played a part in the assault then maybe he needs to let it go. The truth is out there and it will most likely be found. If he is truly innocent then move ahead with charges. If he is not, maybe now is the time to let this go.

Keep in mind the problem child (pu$$y boy) will use the police if it's in his best interest at the drop of a hat. So, if your boy wants a pound of flesh and get's it, your boy will be the bad guy and the pu$$y boy will have the police on his side and it will make your son's life miserable.

Now is the time for patience. Pu$$y boy will screw up sooner or later. They always do. Someone with less to lose will get that pound of flesh. Pu$$y boy will be in the wrong place at the right time and he'll get his reward. I'd have your son move out and give pu$$y boy all the room he needs to be a loser.

That's the way it works.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Quentin may have been hit, initially, in the head so hard it knocked him out. Not passed out.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Pressing charges would have worked 40 years ago. If Quentin wants to continue hunting and a decent life, he needs to get out of that group and find another place to live. Have him move back home and start over until he can find another place to live.

He should avoid all contact with those people and move forward…

THIS.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
He told me he had two beers that night, I’m pretty sure what caused him to not wake up was the blow to his temple that left a 2 1/2” split in his head.
Can a fist make a wound that big?
He’s already in the process of moving out and is staying with us.
I have a rental I have offered him at a reduced rate.
We see this as a big wake up call for him and know there will be good to come out of it.

Last edited by helidriver72; 01/26/23.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by helidriver72
He told me he had two beers that night, I’m pretty sure what caused him to not wake up was the blow to his temple that left a 2 1/2” split in his head.
We see this as a big wake up call for him and know there will be good to come out of it.

Look man, the two beers thing doesn't fly with DUI checkpoints, and IMO it doesn't pass muster in this instance either.

A fist can make a wound that big. If he was assaulted by two guys with an object, the damage would likely be more severe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by helidriver72

You’re halfway there. Forget all the revenge and get even crap, there is no winning doing that. Justice and fairness need to be forgotten. If your son is the good guy you are portraying, he should see the 21st century life model is not the same as it was 40 years ago…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good luck.

Retired cat herder.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Also our main objective with him pressing charges is so that he will know that the police are watching this situation and that he can’t get even physically without the police suspecting him. We’re not out to “get even “ with the clown by prosecuting him we just want to de escalate the situation.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Talk to a lawyer. The phone call is free and you'll get better advice.

But in the meantime he needs to be kept away from his old friends.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Needs to get his own place and quit drinking.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Move your son out of the house and stop paying rent. As others have said, a revenge beatdown only puts your son at greater risk. Best to convince others to do that for you.

You can always get even, just in a more subtle way with far greater effect.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're getting some great advise here. Get away from the troublemakers and for sure DO NOT TAKE ANY KIND OF REVENGE!!!!!!!!! He will only hurt himself if he does. It is not worth it. A police record follows you forever unless you have the money to get it pardoned, rights restored, sealed and or expunged.

Jim

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,238
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.