Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What's y'all opinion on this??

GB4

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Take a wild guess....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's the only way the Founders intended that the Federal Government fund itself. That, and tariffs.

A million times better than an income tax, which requires the subordination of every American to an agency of the Federal Government, with the power to get intimately involved in what should be your personal business and threaten your liberty.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some questions to ask:

For people living paycheck-to-paycheck, do they end up effectively paying a higher tax rate because they have no money to save, (assuming that savings are not taxed)

Are luxury items taxed at a higher rate? (Talking about opening a can of worms - who decides what is a luxury item)

Are unhealthy items such as cigarettes and liquor taxed at a higher rate?

Are medicines exempt from taxes?

Many questions like these …. I don’t disagree with the concept, but I don’t think the implementation is simple.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
30% is horsechit. I'd go for 10%. It's all academic, however, as it will never pass. Imagine the savings we'd realize by completely closing the IRS!!!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Taxation is theft.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somehow doubt they follow through with this after they got this new revenue stream.

"Finally, the bill terminates the national sales tax if the Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution (authorizing an income tax) is not repealed within seven years after the enactment of this bill."

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/25?s=1&r=18

Carpe' Scrotum
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
33 Trillion in Debt..

I,I,I Say Thar America always pays it’s Debt ..

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
Some questions to ask:

For people living paycheck-to-paycheck, do they end up effectively paying a higher tax rate because they have no money to save, (assuming that savings are not taxed)

Yes.

Are luxury items taxed at a higher rate? (Talking about opening a can of worms - who decides what is a luxury item)

No, that effects the rich too much, like Pelosi’s ice cream fridge.

Are unhealthy items such as cigarettes and liquor taxed at a higher rate?

Already are, sorry. State and federal tax + sales tax for states that have it.

Are medicines exempt from taxes?

Already are

Many questions like these …. I don’t disagree with the concept, but I don’t think the implementation is simple.

Swifty
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Hell YES, the sooner the better...FLAT TAX...should take about 15-18% to fund the government...paid at the point of sale...no more payroll withholding for IRS...of course you still have the social security withholding...and most states/municipalities are around 8% sales tax, so about 25% tax rate on purchases...but no 36% income tax...almost everyone has skin in the game...those at the very bottom...paycheck-to-paycheck as you put it...some calculated number that equals the 15-18% of the poverty level spending, 1.5 times the poverty level spending, 2X the poverty level spending...congress sets the number...about the only number they set...all other deductions go away...that "poverty level adjustment number" gets sent in the form of a direct payment to the address on your voter ID card...move and don't change your voter ID address...sorry your check can't find you !

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve
Somehow doubt they follow through with this after they got this new revenue stream.

"Finally, the bill terminates the national sales tax if the Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution (authorizing an income tax) is not repealed within seven years after the enactment of this bill."

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/25?s=1&r=18

You just know it's going to be added to the income tax, they ain't going to do you any favors.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Higher income people buy higher quality items so they pay more taxes. A low income person will buy a 10 year old used car while a high income person will buy a new Lexus and pay much more in taxes.
While they don't tax saved money, it's useless unless they spend it. $100k in the bank is nothing more than a number until it's spent - and taxed.

That said, I would guess than any such bill would include a provision for low income people to get a periodic check from the fed to offset the taxes. Like now, they would end up paying no taxes. That's how they keep them voting for the left.

This is a way to get around the tax deferment on IRA's and 401Ks. You don't pay taxes on them now but you will with a sales tax.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oregon has no sales tax. Income and Property. Every few years the Dems would try and implement a sales tax, but never eliminate one of the existing taxes.

Now Oregonians may be dumb, but so far they've never let it happen.

Of course I moved out recently, so the average IQ might have dropped a couple points.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If FedGov is printing money around the clock, why are we paying taxes?? We've long ago passed the point where income tax payments even make a dent in the national debt.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Higher income people buy higher quality items so they pay more taxes. A low income person will buy a 10 year old used car while a high income person will buy a new Lexus and pay much more in taxes.
While they don't tax saved money, it's useless unless they spend it. $100k in the bank is nothing more than a number until it's spent - and taxed.

That said, I would guess than any such bill would include a provision for low income people to get a periodic check from the fed to offset the taxes. Like now, they would end up paying no taxes. That's how they keep them voting for the left.

This is a way to get around the tax deferment on IRA's and 401Ks. You don't pay taxes on them now but you will with a sales tax.

Wrong bud, unless you get rid of SALT write offs, the taxes they pay for that Lexus gets written off federally so in essence they paid no tax while the guy that can’t come up with the deductions is left paying higher tax.

Swifty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Wrong bud, unless you get rid of SALT write offs, the taxes they pay for that Lexus gets written off federally so in essence they paid no tax while the guy that can’t come up with the deductions is left paying higher tax.
I just threw out Lexus as an example of a high priced car. It could as well be a super deluxe F350 or anything else.

― George Orwell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I read the book about ten years ago. It is very well researched.

Everyone gets a credit or check each month for the tax on some essential items so no one is burdened.

Your new house is taxed, but if you by an existing house, it has already been taxed, so no tax is due.

I support it.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The income tax needs to go. Any tax that requires an accountant or computer program to figure out is an abomination.

― George Orwell

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Take a wild guess....

Hahahaha! 10-4!

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Fair tax is a bad idea in my opinion. Many states charge sales tax already. That just adds to the taxes. More paperwork and more levels of government control. More ways to avoid taxation. A flat tax of 18% on what everyone makes is simpler and harder to manipulate. Leave it to government to choose the most complicated and easiest way to manipulate path to taxation.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (22250rem, 1minute, 2500HD, 204guy, 17CalFan, 222ND, 62 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,938
Posts18,480,042
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.