Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by IZH27
I am on the verge of converting to Judaism as is my son. He actually regularly attends meetings at a Jewish house of worship down around New Orleans where he lives.

The miracle of Jewish survival and the rebirth of Israel is hard to ignore.

As prophesied they have returned to their land and have become a world superpower both financially and militarily.

I have come to believe Jesus invited the rest of the world into Judaism. He clearly said he came to the lost sheep of Israel.

My DNA test shows a small amount of Jewish ancestry although as I understand that is not necessary for conversion.

If you convert to Judaism will you apologize to the Baptist church that you are a leader of? Will you finally stop calling yourself a Christian?
Probably not, I believe Jesus is who he said he is.

Which question(s) were you answering there?

Are you saying you’re a Christian even if converting to Judaism?
Well now, Christianity is a sect of Judaism. Jesus was a Jew as were most of the early Christians. He was pretty clear that he did not come to abolish the law and the prophets and he was also very clear that he came to the lost sheep of Israel. GOD was very clear that the covenant with the Jews is everlasting. Christianity nowadays and for the last many hundred years has left Jesus out except for his name. So, yes I can believe in and follow Jesus' teachings and convert to Judaism. I am studying it and considering it.

Now wait a minute. If you want to go by what Jesus said read the whole verse. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law "but to fulfill it". What that means is that everything that the law did is finished in him. Believe what you want but don't join anything unless you can believe the teachings as they stand.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by efw
I am on the verge of converting to Judaism as is my son. He actually regularly attends meetings at a Jewish house of worship down around New Orleans where he lives.

As prophesied they have returned to their land and have become a world superpower both financially and militarily.

I have come to believe Jesus invited the rest of the world into Judaism. He clearly said he came to the lost sheep of Israel.

My DNA test shows a small amount of Jewish ancestry although as I understand that is not necessary for conversion.

If you convert to Judaism will you apologize to the Baptist church that you are a leader of? Will you finally stop calling yourself a Christian?
Probably not, I believe Jesus is who he said he is.

Which question(s) were you answering there?

Are you saying you’re a Christian even if converting to Judaism?
Well now, Christianity is a sect of Judaism. Jesus was a Jew as were most of the early Christians. He was pretty clear that he did not come to abolish the law and the prophets and he was also very clear that he came to the lost sheep of Israel. GOD was very clear that the covenant with the Jews is everlasting. Christianity nowadays and for the last many hundred years has left Jesus out except for his name. So, yes I can believe in and follow Jesus' teachings and convert to Judaism. I am studying it and considering it.

Now wait a minute. If you want to go by what Jesus said read the whole verse. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law "but to fulfill it". What that means is that everything that the law did is finished in him. Believe what you want but don't join anything unless you can believe the teachings as they stand.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
To me, Jesus clearly promoted His new movement by launching the New Covenant that Jeremiah predicted in the Law and the Prophets. And His new command “to love other’s as I have loved you” was to serve as the all-encompassing ethic of His new movement. And the launching of this New Covenant carried implications for the old covenant, which clearly had a shelf life. The author of Hebrews said the old covenant became outdated and obsolete because a new and better one replaced it.

Makes no sense to me for someone who professes to be a follower of Jesus to put any of their faith in a covenant that the New Testament clearly says has already served its purpose. Paul ‘had’ been an exemplary old covenant law keeper and rule follower who…after he became a true follower of Jesus, understood better than anyone the stark contrast between what had come before, and the kingdom that Jesus said He came to introduce…and he criticized Jesus’ followers who kept hangin’ on to old covenant ways of relating to God, ways that God Himself said that He was sick and tired of.

By design, the old covenant led to the newer one. Jesus said He came to fulfill God’s promises to Israel in the old covenant and that it would disappear when everything in it was accomplished. And it did, in fact, disappear on August 6 in 70 AD when the Roman Legion completely destroyed the Jewish Temple, and the old covenant was never officially practiced again because it became impossible to do so.

The conditional and temporary old covenant that God made with the Ancient Israelites…and ‘only’ with the Ancient Israelites…is NOT the unconditional and everlasting covenant that God made with Abraham.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
How many books of the Bible do you actually accept? Hadn’t you discounted all except a handful?

If keeping the law according to historical Judaism is the route you choose to take is think that it would be imperative that you clear your conscience concerning the Baptist church and your dealings with those people.

Deceiving them by influencing them down a path that you know is contrary to their beliefs breaks several of the commandments upon which you claim place so much importance.
How can he be breaking commandments by enlightening people and helping them to learn the errors of their ways?

I’m certain that you can figure out the conflict.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

interesting!

Have you delved into Zoroastrianism at all?

I think they were the initial monotheists? and preceded Judaism by a few years.

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
After Jesus was crucified, religious Israel wrestled for the next 40 years with the internal tension created by Jesus’ New Covenant. The Judaizers tried hard to stamp it out, but it kept growing. Due to the tireless efforts of Apostle Peter and Apostle Paul…and James (Jesus’ own brother) and others, Jews throughout the Roman Empire began abandoning their strict adherence to the old covenant and started truly following the resurrected Jesus.

Then the transition came to a quick end, on August 6th in AD 70. The four-year war between Rome and the Jewish rebels came to a violent conclusion. The Jewish Temple…the very heart of ancient Judaism…was looted and burned and razed to the ground. Its destruction signaled the end of ancient Judaism. The words of the old covenant were preserved, but Israel’s ability to live in accordance with those words disappeared in a single day.

Ancient Judaism...as prescribed by Moses at Mount Sinai...ceased to exist. To use Jesus’ term, it “disappeared.”

And again, the conditional and temporary old covenant that God made with the Ancient Israelites…and ‘only’ with the Ancient Israelites…is NOT the unconditional and everlasting covenant that God made with Abraham.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

interesting!

Have you delved into Zoroastrianism at all?

I think they were the initial monotheists? and preceded Judaism by a few years.
I have read a bit on Zoroastrianism. Pretty obvious there was a strong connection between them and Judaism. And Zoroastrian priests/wise men somehow were informed of Jesus birth and made a very difficult trip over very rugged terrain to see him for themselves. There is so much we don't know.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I’d say that he isn’t serious but is just throwing things against the wall. Call it womanly intuition.

Kinda like “I’m gonna order a copy of TJ’s Bible” tossed out there into every Christian conversation for about a year?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
- - - - Believing in something that you don't know to be true is just attempting to fill in the gaps in the falsehood of pretending to know. An appropriate honest answer for the gaps would be we don't know. The more we know the more the gods dissappear into the folklore. Faith is a usefull excuse for commiting attrocities and/or making a buck or two. Scientists don't go around killing people because they don't believe in science.
So, just who is "we"? Do you have a lizard in your pocket?

If ever you experience an important awakening and realize that you simply do not have the power and ability to read the minds or the intent of others, you will probably be in a complete dither. Again and again you pretend that you can perform such a miracle, and then try to build your case on the false premise. That is as baseless and intellectually dishonest as a person can be. Ergo, your posts are devoid of importance. Such vacuous rigidity and obstinate behavior must feel like a curse.

And, you might think about some work on your spelling.

Last edited by CCCC; 01/26/23. Reason: Corrected spelling

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Definitely. I can’t remember how many books that we figured Hastings ascribes to but it seems to have been only a hand full.

Frankly, I don’t think that he’s serious but more likely throwing things against the wall for effect.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is involved - what are the procedures - in your process of converting to Judaism?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There were 613 rules and regulations in the old covenant. For someone to assert that the old covenant is still in effect and that they abide by it by not eating pork or shrimp or catfish, and that they keep the sabbath…while completely ignoring all of the other 611 rules and regulations in the old covenant…seems more than a bit disingenuous and hypocritical. The New Testament documents made it very clear to the Judaizers that you’re either ‘all in’ regarding the old covenant, or you’re not in it ‘at all’.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
- - - - Believing in something that you don't know to be true is just attempting to fill in the gaps in the falsehood of pretending to know. An appropriate honest answer for the gaps would be we don't know. The more we know the more the gods dissappear into the folklore. Faith is a usefull excuse for commiting attrocities and/or making a buck or two. Scientists don't go around killing people because they don't believe in science.

If ever you experience an important awakening and realize that you simply do not have the power and ability to read the minds or the intent of others, you will probably be in a complete dither. Again and again you pretend that you can perform such a miacle, and then try to build your case on the false premise. That is as baseless and intellectually dishonest as a person can be. Ergo, your posts are devoid of importance. Such vacuous rigidity and obstinate behavior must feel like a curse.

What is a miacle?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If ever you experience an important awakening and realize that you simply do not have the power and ability to read the minds or the intent of others, you will probably be in a complete dither. Again and again you pretend that you can perform such a miacle, and then try to build your case on the false premise. That is as baseless and intellectually dishonest as a person can be. Ergo, your posts are devoid of importance. Such vacuous rigidity and obstinate behavior must feel like a curse.

What is a miacle?
Kinda like a lihtning bolt. Thx !

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
How many books of the Bible do you actually accept? Hadn’t you discounted all except a handful?

If keeping the law according to historical Judaism is the route you choose to take is think that it would be imperative that you clear your conscience concerning the Baptist church and your dealings with those people.

Deceiving them by influencing them down a path that you know is contrary to their beliefs breaks several of the commandments upon which you claim place so much importance.
How can he be breaking commandments by enlightening people and helping them to learn the errors of their ways?

No more conflict than any other who may proselytize.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I think the "we" was referenced in the opening post.
As in "we who are abandoning Chritianity en masse"

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

No more conflict than any other who may proselytize.

So if you were part of a private club, and some jackass, came in trying to change the club and make it something totally different than what you signed up for you’d be OK with that?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by antlers
There were 613 rules and regulations in the old covenant. For someone to assert that the old covenant is still in effect and that they abide by it by not eating pork or shrimp or catfish, and that they keep the sabbath…while completely ignoring all of the other 611 rules and regulations in the old covenant…seems more than a bit disingenuous and hypocritical. The New Testament documents made it very clear to the Judaizers that you’re either ‘all in’ regarding the old covenant, or you’re not in it ‘at all’.

This post appears to have been directed at me, but I’m not sure which of my posts it’s responding to?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by antlers

No man alive (sans Yeshua) could keep the law .
The whole Old Testament is full of Israelites that failed time and again. Just like everyone of us. When Jesus came , he made it clear, not only could we not keep the law but we never even understood the law...
On the cross Yeshua said “it is finished.”
Post the cross we are under grace .

Blessed be the Lord our GOD.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Antlers, how do you define sin? Where should one go for reference? When Jesus spoke of Sin, what was he referring to?

Page 14 of 32 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 257Bob, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 65 invisible), 3,695 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,589
Posts18,532,385
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.