Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wrapids
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Too bad the 2nd Amendment wasn't worded much clearer and more specifically. What would the founders have said about things now? I doubt their intent would condone school shootings.

What's unclear about it?

It seems the American populace has gotten dumber since the Founders' time. Your post bears this out.

So what exactly is the intent of the opening reference to a well regulated militia? This has been a point of contention for a while.

Diagram the sentence...you know, like they used to teach fifth graders to do? Or maybe you can simply identify the subject and the predicate. Or do I give you too much credit---or burden you with unreasonable expectations?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leftists send $136M/year to the Southern Poverty Law Center...but all they get is a bigger fancier headquarters and corruption.

Gun owners send $412M/year to the National Rifle Association.....

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TRnCO
The problem with the NRA starts at the top. Should've dropped Lapierre years ago.!!

Decades ago. I'm a life member but haven't given them a dime since early on when I figured out this guy was a gutless bureaucratic grifter.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 01/26/23.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The vast majority of BOD members are cronys of WLP or got put on the board by arrangement of Wayne's crony friends. Asking the board to remove him is pissing in the wind. I believe he arranged the change in the bylaws that makes a forcible removal of him from his position just about impossible. It's all about money and that is how you fix it. All due respect to life members ,benefactors, and patrons your support financially has been looted years a go but the expenses of maintaining your benefits are still there. Annual memberships now keep the finances flowing and foot the bill. If people stop funding the NRA by annual membership fees then they will be rid of wlp and his crony board all the sooner. Damn simple really don't hold your nose and renew, stop the inflow of money and you stop Wayne that simple, up to each annual member to do this. Those who are members in local gunclubs mandating nra membership need to change their membership rules. Give the GOA your financial support. Removal of WLP needs to happen it may eliminate the NRA but that may just have to happen to restructure the organization to support the 2 A. Call the new one the ARA (American Rifle Association) write the bylaws in a way that what WLP can never happen again. W L P accused the FBI once of being jack booted thugs he was right about that but why did he become a jack booted thug ? It's all about the money and power ....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Life member- a gift from my grandfather when I turned 18.
That said, and in light of the BS that surrounds the NRA and WLP, I think that there are better, more proactive organizations, without the stench of graft and corruption, that do more for gun owners. GOA and 2AF come to mind. YMMV

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. The organization needs a complete top end overhaul of the executives and board of directors.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Life member- a gift from my grandfather when I turned 18.
That said, and in light of the BS that surrounds the NRA and WLP, I think that there are better, more proactive organizations, without the stench of graft and corruption, that do more for gun owners. GOA and 2AF come to mind. YMMV
Yes G

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
They used to actually fight in court, file suits and such-- What happened?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TBREW401

They still jump on some suits already filed after all the heavy lifting is done.

They gotta give the members something for all the fundraising they do.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Gun owners send $412M/year to the National Rifle Association.....

It’s going to be hard to get Wayne to do the right thing and walk away from that kind of money!

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Too bad the 2nd Amendment wasn't worded much clearer and more specifically. What would the founders have said about things now? I doubt their intent would condone school shootings.

Uh, nothing. The fact that there is a second amendment has nothing to do with school shootings. NOTHING!

The fact that people are evil and now it is considered wrong to "offend" someone, meaning if an individual shows signs of being messed up in some way, every single school shooter has shown signs of something being way wrong with them, but because of political correctness (which is complete bullshit) no one is allowed to say anything. Also, the fact that criminals are not punished and in a screwed up way, they are made famous by the media are major factors in people going off the rails. Also gun free zones create "target rich environments" for these insane people.

Way to show your COMPLETE AND STUPIDITY ignorance Wrapids.

NRA Benefactor life member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TBREW401

The NRA funded much of the NYSRPA suit we won at SCOTUS through the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association affiliate.

NRA also funded the Cali Mag ban suit that SCOTUS GVR'ed back to the 9th after the NYSRPA decision through the California Rifle and Pistol Assosciation state affiliate.

WLP is a walking disaster but other parts of the NRA are very active and effective in court battles.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

They wouldn't condone you taking it up the ass either, but they probably wouldn't infringe upon your right to love it.

Paul, you nailed it.

Good one.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
My dues for a year of NRA membership were $35. Haven't renewed in years and GOA gets $25 from me every month.

https://www.gunowners.org/about-goa/

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,596
Posts18,492,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.