Hop To
Page 17 of 32 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 31 32
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Raspy
In Acts 9:1 we hear that Paul was making “murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples.”

Talk is cheap.

What do you mean by the idiom?

Illegitimi non carborundum

GB1

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If someone simply just doesn’t believe in the faith of Christianity to begin with, that’s one thing. But in our post-Christian society…for those who’ve walked away from it, or for those who no longer find it attractive, or for those who have come to no longer believe in it…those are the reasons that the OP was pertaining to. For those who once embraced it, who no longer embrace it, why is that…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
The truth of the matter is that Jesus of Nazareth was a Jew.

What about those who first followed the Messiah that God sent?. Were they Jews? Did they stop considering themselves Jews when they chose to follow the Messiah?

So,...if, as Christians are following the Messiah that God sent to show Jews the proper path to follow,...what can Christianity be other than the proper path of Judaism?

And there you have it, in a nutshell.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What about those who first followed the Messiah that God sent?. Were they Jews? Did they stop considering themselves Jews when they chose to follow the Messiah?

IIRC ,James required Jesus followers to be Torah
compliant as prerequisite and had a falling out
with Paul over it.
James led the Jerusalem church for some 30 yrs
didn't he?

So,...if, as Christians are following the Messiah that God sent to show Jews the proper path to follow,...what can Christianity be other than the proper path of Judaism?

Rabbis explain how Jesus doesnt fit the criteria
for the Messiah, they break it down so even you
could understand it.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by IZH27
How many books of the Bible do you actually accept? Hadn’t you discounted all except a handful?

If keeping the law according to historical Judaism is the route you choose to take is think that it would be imperative that you clear your conscience concerning the Baptist church and your dealings with those people.

Deceiving them by influencing them down a path that you know is contrary to their beliefs breaks several of the commandments upon which you claim place so much importance.
How can he be breaking commandments by enlightening people and helping them to learn the errors of their ways?

I’m certain that you can figure out the conflict.

No more conflict than any other who may proselytize.

So if you were part of a private club, and some jackass, came in trying to change the club and make it something totally different than what you signed up for you’d be OK with that?
I would be okay with any member who wanted to follow "jackass" to his new club.

Is that not what proselytizing is all about? Pulling folks away from their club, to yours, so you can charge them dues.

The jackass, agreed to the rules of the club, went through the initiation and was accepted as a member in agreement. He then went wacko jacko and started trying to change the club. That’s not proselytizing. That’s deception and lying. I doubt your conclusion.

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
If someone simply just doesn’t believe in the faith of Christianity to begin with, that’s one thing. But in our post-Christian society…for those who’ve walked away from it, or for those who no longer find it attractive, or for those who have come to no longer believe in it…those are the reasons that the OP was pertaining to. For those who once embraced it, who no longer embrace it, why is that…?

Perhaps they begin to question. Which is a good thing.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The truth of the matter is that Jesus of Nazareth was a Jew.

And there you have it, in a nutshell.

Ed

My point is, there's no reason to place the "Judeo" in front of "Christian".

The term "Christian" covers it all.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The reported words of Jesus have him supporting Judaism, and the reason why he was sent...

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My point is, there's no reason to place the "Judeo" in front of "Christian". The term "Christian" covers it all.
I don’t disagree. But clearly there are ‘still’ some Judaizers out there.

Jesus Himself said “Until John the Baptist, the Law and the Prophets ‘was’ your guide. But now the good news (the Gospel) of the kingdom of God is being preached…”.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jesus was a Jew.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I used to listen to, the Christian Jew Hour.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
The reported words of Jesus have him supporting Judaism, and the reason why he was sent...

If Jesus was really divine then big sky daddy
sent the wrong dude. coz the Hebrew Messiah
(as prophecied) is meant to be a mere mortal,
nothing more.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The jackass, agreed to the rules of the club, went through the initiation and was accepted as a member in agreement. He then went wacko jacko and started trying to change the club. That’s not proselytizing. That’s deception and lying. I doubt your conclusion.
You are describing the one Jefferson said was the first to corrupt the doctrines of Jesus.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Then I’m describing you and only describing him by accident.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
How many books of the Bible do you actually accept? Hadn’t you discounted all except a handful?

If keeping the law according to historical Judaism is the route you choose to take is think that it would be imperative that you clear your conscience concerning the Baptist church and your dealings with those people.

Deceiving them by influencing them down a path that you know is contrary to their beliefs breaks several of the commandments upon which you claim place so much importance.
How can he be breaking commandments by enlightening people and helping them to learn the errors of their ways?

So if you were part of a private club, and some jackass, came in trying to change the club and make it something totally different than what you signed up for you’d be OK with that?

Is that not what proselytizing is all about? Pulling folks away from their club, to yours, so you can charge them dues.

Wacko jacko?
Maybe, he had an epiphany!

If he is a Muslim, or Hindu discovering Christianity, is he wacko jacko?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Wacko jacko?
Maybe, he had an epiphany!

If he is a Muslim, or Hindu discovering Christianity, is he wacko jacko?

I think the question then would be: Should he leave his Muslim or Hindu church and not pretend to be something he's not? Especially if he were in a leadership role.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The latter would describe me.

I spent every Sabbath in Church as a kid. Learned all the Sabbath School lessons. Took Bible studies with missionaries from two different Churches. Studied OT in College.

I even remember praying once at ten years of age when I lost a brand new pocket knife in a tall alfalfa field.

But as I matured and learned the actual mechanics of the world, I came to recognize all of religion to be myths written by very clever and learned men with the intent to control and tax their tribes.

It is all about keeping the priest well fed, well laid, and safe guard his monopoly on power.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
And yes, the priests so jealously guarded their power structure that a few short centuries ago, I would have been burned at the stake for expressing such thoughts.

What do most of us say today about governing bodies trying to suppress voices of opposition?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think there are a great many people (like you) who once embraced it, who no longer embrace it. But of ‘all’ of the reasons that you gave for no longer embracing it, NONE of those reasons have anything to do with Jesus or His teachings. And that’s my point: Of all of the people that I’ve talked to, listened to, and read their interviews and blogs and books…and there have been many dozens of them (like you) who once embraced it, but who no longer embrace it…I’ve yet to hear a story from anyone who abandoned the faith of Christianity based on anything directly related to Jesus or His teachings. I’ve yet to hear a story from anyone who abandoned the faith of Christianity based on anything directly related to the faith of Christianity ~ at least the original version anyway.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Antlers, how do you define sin?
I think that ‘sin’ is intentionally doing something that you inherently know to be wrong.

Do you believe in reproof and rebuke of sin? If so, who or what is the authority?

Where should one go for reference?
Do ‘you’ need a “reference” to tell you that the intentionally wrong thing that you’re doing is ‘wrong’…?

Are Christians immune from deception? How is one to test the spirits?

When Jesus spoke of Sin, what was he referring to?
I think that He was referring to one intentionally doing something that one inherently knows to be wrong.

Again, are Christians immune from deception? Is safe to say Satan is the master of deception?

Page 17 of 32 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1lessdog, 160user, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 10ring1, 222ND, 71 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,575
Posts18,532,002
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.