-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Among the things I woulda done different in life is go travel in Asia, a whole side of the earth I haven’t yet seen.

My Ex Mother in Law is Filipino, the best exchange student we ever hosted was Japanese, we also hosted a Chicom kid and I worked alongside a Korean guy in Grad school.

My impression has been Filipinos and Koreans meshed most seamlessly with Westerners tho I suppose I oughta throw Taiwanese in that category.

Just that.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Just from my own experience I would agree.

Mathew 22: 37-39

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
My daughter was a teacher in Taichung ,Taiwan for three years. They like Americans . She said it is amazing how polite they are. The place is clean, but smells . It is nice in the mountains though. They also liked President Donald Trump, and I am sure they don't like President Biden.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
"Asian culture" is as varied as "western culture". I'm married to a filapina. They are generally happy-go-lucky folks as are the Koreans.

BTW you're not dead yet, get on a plane and explore. Unless you work at being miserable you will have a good time, be well met and eat like a king.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
My impression has been Filipinos and Koreans meshed most seamlessly with Westerners tho I suppose I oughta throw Taiwanese in that category.

Just that.
Unlike africans, which, after 300 years are still a bane to society.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Just that.
Unlike africans, which, after 300 years are still a bane to society.

Some cultures foster an environment of intelligence, adaptability and work ethic, others, well.........

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I work for a company that was founded by a Taiwanese couple. They've since sold it but I worled with them for a few years.

Their work ethic was impressive, and they were more "American" in their values than many Americans these days. Along the lines of old school American values.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
I work for a company that was founded by a Taiwanese couple. They've since sold it but I worled with them for a few years.

Their work ethic was impressive, and they were more "American" in their values than many Americans these days. Along the lines of old school American values.

Roof Top Koreans - it's a thing for a reason.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OGB
BTW you're not dead yet, get on a plane and explore. Unless you work at being miserable you will have a good time, be well met and eat like a king.

I’ve already done Europe, West Africa, Mexico and Costs Rica.

I have always said on here that at age 70 (five years) I was gonna move to Thailand and start a family grin

Circumstances have pushed that back to age 74.

But…. Thai women have stopped getting married and having kids too, just like South Koreans and Japanese.

So it’s prob’ly gonna be North Korea.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Spent 20 years working the Texas City refinery docks.The Filipinos were always the easiest crews to work with.Dot Indians and damn yankees were always the worst.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
East is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet. Rudyard Kipling

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by flintlocke
East is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet. Rudyard Kipling

East is east and west is west and never the train shall meet.
Kingfish of Amos and Andy

I’d say any Asian culture that is free and not radical Muslim.
Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc. They’re very westernized I’ve found.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 270cowboy, 57 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.