Print Thread
Hop To
#18065892 01/27/23
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
FDA moves to ease restrictions on blood donations for men who have sex with men
January 27, 2023

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued proposed guidance Friday to ease restrictions on blood donations by men who have sex with men.

The change is expected to take effect after a public comment period.

The restrictions on donating blood date back to the early days of the AIDS epidemic and were designed to protect the blood supply from HIV. Originally, gay and bisexual men were completely prohibited from donating blood. Over time, the FDA relaxed the lifetime ban, but still kept in place some limits.

Under the current policy — last updated in 2020 — men who have sex with men can donate blood if they haven't had sexual contact with other men for three months.

The new proposed policy would eliminate the time-based restrictions on men who have sex with men (and their female partners) and instead assess potential donors' eligibility based on a series of questions that assess their HIV risk, regardless of gender. Anyone taking medications to treat or prevent HIV, including PrEP, would not be eligible.

The risk assessment would include questions about anal sex. Potential donors who've had anal sex in the last three months with a new sexual partner or more than one sexual partner would not be eligible to give blood.

The changes are aimed at addressing criticism that the current policy is discriminatory and outdated, as well as one more barrier to bolstering the nation's blood supply. Blood banks already routinely screen donated blood for HIV.

In crafting the new guidance, the FDA has been looking to the results of a study of about 1,600 gay and bisexual men to develop screening questions that can identify potential donors who are most likely to be infected with HIV.

For many years, the American Medical Association, the American Red Cross and LGBTQ+ advocacy groups have been pushing for a change to the federal rules on blood donations.

"It's a discriminatory policy that assumes that HIV is a gay disease, and it is very much not," Tony Morrison from the group GLAAD, told NPR in December. "This is what we have been advocating for for many, many years."

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those sick bastards with GRIDS will donate blood every chance they get to spread their phaggot disease.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Muglia can sell his ragu for extra bucks now.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Maybe there is money to be made selling 'No Gay Blood' bracelets.
A tatoo might be a better idea, before ya unknowingly get refilled with gay juice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akasparky
"It's a discriminatory policy that assumes that HIV is a gay disease, and it is very much not," Tony Morrison from the group GLAAD, told NPR in December. "This is what we have been advocating for for many, many years."
It's very much a pervert disease, however, which is what phags are. They don't get HIV from just one or two encounters, they have to get multiple episodes of STDs before their immune system is compromised enough to contract HIV.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just another way to control population. Let a group of people who contract the hiv virus at an extremely high rate compared to normal people, give blood. Awesome. Hope and pray any of us dont need blood. Between the poison shot and now gays, good luck

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
It's very much a pervert disease, however, which is what phags are. They don't get HIV from just one or two encounters, they have to get multiple episodes of STDs before their immune system is compromised enough to contract HIV.

I didn't know that, so you figure butt sex just a couple times is OK huh? I think he's been lying to you.

I wonder if gay blood looks like a rainbow?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't know that, so you figure butt sex just a couple times is OK huh? I think he's been lying to you.
Other than intestinal parasites, cancer-causing warts, all letters of hepatitis, HPV, TB, perforated colons, meningitis, scabies, campylobacter, syphilis, etc., etc. and etc., yeah, it might be OK. /sarc

Outside of someone who lives & eats from a dump, there's probably not a more pathogen infested population.

Not that there's anything wrong with living at the dump, Nugget. laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hereby promise not to cornhole any of my buddies for a month or two ..........I would you like to give more blood.... thank you

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well if you claim to only accept Pureblood (unvaxed blood) that should get you 90% clear..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
if us normal people give blood free we should be able to decide what kind of people and/or maybe race to get our blood, i sure don`t want those camel humpers / towel heads getting my blood or brokeback riders! nor do i want theirs either.

Last edited by pete53; 01/27/23.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Well if you claim to only accept Pureblood (unvaxed blood) that should get you 90% clear..

That's a whole nother can of worms.

I'm still pondering on how you'll know if the blood they give you is gay or not?

Maybe if after you get home from a surgery you start noticing your neighbors ass is kinda shapely when he's out mowing his yard?

It'd be for sure if you suddenly had the urge to trade your pickup in on a Subaru Outback...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
We’re done.

Done.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gay blood

Vaxed blood

Blood from dead people.

Someone is trying to kill you off.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh fugg....Jag gonna catch the gay!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Well fùck me Tommy....what have you been reading?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So who on the CF can now give blood?
Asking for a friend in Florida.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (12344mag, 160user, 338rcm, 22kHornet, 2UP, 20 invisible), 1,594 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,448
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.