Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I graduated in’68 and bought my first handgun that year from my physics teacher AT school. 😁 A Ruger Single Six convertible for $69. I still have it.

One of my granddaughters was on their high school trap team.

Last edited by navlav8r; 01/27/23.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1972 Seattle suburb...
My youngest brother's 10th grade shop project.
All non gun shop made parts.
He used chev drum brake spring for hammer spring.

He got an "A" on the project.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Graduated from HS in 1980 in a small town in CO. Every truck in the student parking lot had a gun rack in it and they nearly always had a rifle or shotgun in them.

I remember one time when I had gym class in 1st period when the principal came to the class and asked for help loading a cow elk up that he shot on the way in that morning in a hay meadow. So if wasnt just the kids with guns in their cars but the staff as well. And we never worried about a school shooting back then

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Glory days are in the past.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had three target rifles in the ROTC rack for rifle team members and was issued a M14, I also had keys to the underground target range I was allowed to shoot my personal rifles on.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Im class of 69. I had a 12 ga pump in my school car all year long. Often most farm kids like myself and brothers would hunt after school on the drive home.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Graduated in '70 and it was common for guns to be in trucks and cars, at school. The principal had a shotgun for sale and showed it to whoever wanted to see it, in his office. I bought it the next day at morning recess, walked across the schoolyard with it, and put it in the truck. Nobody thought anything of it.

Last edited by Oldman03; 01/27/23. Reason: kant spel

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hell; I graduated H.S. in 1968 and things sure were quite a bit different. At a local school district near me nowadays you can't even have a CIGARETTE anywhere on school property, let alone a gun. Few years back a friend of mine was at his son's H.S. football game. At halftime he went out to the parking lot to have a smoke in his car. He got caught by folks they had patrolling the parking lot and he discovered that you can't even sit out there in your own car and have a smoke. If the parking lot Nazi's ever saw a gun in one of those cars there'd probably be a SWAT Team there in a hurry. Welcome to the Great Society.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used to stack all of my duck decoys, waders, ammunition and Shotgun into my best friends rig on Fridays on school property.
We would hunt our asses off in the duck marshes all weekend.
In California mind you...1976-78.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Hell; I graduated H.S. in 1968 and things sure were quite a bit different. At a local school district near me nowadays you can't even have a CIGARETTE anywhere on school property, let alone a gun. Few years back a friend of mine was at his son's H.S. football game. At halftime he went out to the parking lot to have a smoke in his car. He got caught by folks they had patrolling the parking lot and he discovered that you can't even sit out there in your own car and have a smoke. If the parking lot Nazi's ever saw a gun in one of those cars there'd probably be a SWAT Team there in a hurry. Welcome to the Great Society.

I bet you couldn't see that coming...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
HERE IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THESE LIBERAL TEACHERS . at a private gun club that i am a life member for now 30 some years ,right after my team quit shooting clays on a Sunday we started up the grill for a few brats and a couple of cold beers that`s the time trap stops for adults on Sundays. at that time we allow the local school trap team shoot clay pigeons for a heck of a deal we did try to support them. well these teachers walk over and told me to pack up and leave no alcohol i never protested we left , but the next meeting i reported it and the club sided with me. these liberal teachers were not happy with what we told them they could no longer shoot on Sundays pick a day when the adults were not there. they tried to protest this but were shut down for good now they shoot at another club 30 miles away and pay twice as much. that`s how these liberals think and the parents are now pissed at these lady liberal teachers. we all agreed at the club its our club we make the rules not these f-- k`n liberal teachers ! 10 - 20 years from now WTF is going to happen ? i will be glad to be dead then,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I remember when the school had guns. ROTC we practiced, aiming the M1 in class. We had a 22 rimfire shooting team, that shot in the basement. Also a archery team . All went to shoot archery, at school.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes! I also remember flying from Seattle to Dulles (Wa DC) with two rifles as carry on.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I remember the time my shop teacher invited me to bring my Daisy 880 pump up air rifle to school so he could help me fix the stock.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Oh yeah, hunted a lot with my metal shop teacher. He was also a part time gun smith and my sophmore yr he helped me cut off recrown the barrel on Arisaka 99 i wanted sporterize. We bent the bolt handle and drill/tapped for. Scope to. Good times!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rifle club.... Dang near every P/U in the lot with a gun rack in the back window....head rests, what head rests...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Class of 75. Good pheasant hunting right behind football field. Lots of guns in cars-trucks. Lots of fights before, after and during school. A gun never came out. The liberal, woke bullsheet did take over my employer 10 yrs before I retired. Not allowed to have a firearm or bow in your vehicle on company property. And they could and did check your vehicle or terminate if you didn't allow.

Home Of The Mollies
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
In the 7th and 8th grade my buddy and I ran a trap line down by the duck pond and up thru his dad's pasture and back thru the shelter belts coming to the school house. Always carried a Remington 514. Mrs. Horn wouldn't let us take it out unless we were leaving the school grounds to walk the trap line. Skinned what we caught in the school basement. Mrs. Horn wasn't too happy about the bloody carcasses so we had to take them out and dump them on the other side of the tree line. Cottontails went home for fricassee or hasenpfeffer!

Several years ago the MORONS in charge of the public schools here booted a kid out of school just before he graduated because he had the head of a hatchet in the back of his pickup. The kid was an honor roll student - one of the top in his class - class president and an Eagle Scout. He had the hatchet head because he'd been on a campout with some Cub Scouts and had broken the handle off the hatchet. He was going to make a new handle in shop class but he never took the head into the school building. The IDIOTS on the school board probably cost the kid some scholarship money because he was expelled.

β€œMy horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I remember the days when I could shoot a gun in school and got a "Good job nice shooting Paul".

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labΓ© skΓ½la

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Lawfully and/or SD policy wise? Yeah, I remember, but that was long before the last time.

A problematic azzwipe making vague but vocal threats..... I think the principal suspected me having something handy, and I suspect she had a piece on campus too for a few days.

No foul, no harm.

Mid 70's we were building ML and knives in the Point Hope school shop - adults and students both. Not gonna happen now days. Even the Eskimos have gotten "civilized".

Civilization ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Last edited by las; 01/27/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.