Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
10, My fast twist was a 1-8 22-250AI. It shot 55 gr. bullets great but the Horn.75g.1 in 3 would tear apart at the 100 yard target.

Molon Labe
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never seen a Hornady zook,in any diameter or any RPM,including 7" RPM 22-250AI's and Speedmires. Hint.

Same goes 243 Kreed,243Win,243AI,6-284 and Twat-Six as .243" bores go in 7" and 8" RPM. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Get a 225 winchester to be different. That would be cool too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies...bullets,bullets and bullets are the order of importance. Then GOOD brass,which the 225 Winchester has never seen and NEVER will. Hint.

Stupid ain't "different",is just simply fhuqking stupid. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Since I actually hunt coyotes with my .224's I prefer bullets that go fast and shoot flat enough to not have to consider trajectory out past 300 yards. 90% of the time the coyotes I see are moving and cover is nearby. I have to shoot in a short period of time and I like to figure a lead, pull the trigger and see a puff of hair when the coyote goes down. When my 22-250 barrel went bad I switched to a 1-10 243 barrel and shoot 55-58 grain bullets pushed pretty fast and get the same results with a little more puff. Now if I were playing around plinking steel or shooting paper at 600 yards then yes a longer bullet and a faster twist would be fine. Have a rifle for that too but I don't use it coyote hunting. That said I wouldn't build a 220 swift today, too may better choices that have better brass available.

Last edited by rickt300; 01/29/23.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Your "grasp" of Ballistic "knowledge"" and Terminal Effects,is fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cite a particular projectile and velocity,in your "wonderful" Retard Twisted 243 Win,mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk. Next muse mounting system and glass,then dangle a picture of THE Goat Fhuqk. Dare ya'! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rickt300
Since I actually hunt coyotes with my .224's I prefer bullets that go fast and shoot flat enough to not have to consider trajectory out past 300 yards. 90% of the time the coyotes I see are moving and cover is nearby. I have to shoot in a short period of time and I like to figure a lead, pull the trigger and see a puff of hair when the coyote goes down. When my 22-250 barrel went bad I switched to a 1-10 243 barrel and shoot 55-58 grain bullets pushed pretty fast and get the same results with a little more puff. Now if I were playing around plinking steel or shooting paper at 600 yards then yes a longer bullet and a faster twist would be fine. Have a rifle for that too but I don't use it coyote hunting. That said I wouldn't build a 220 swift today, too may better choices that have better brass available.

Did the same.
.243 win with a 75 grain vmax is the ticket.
Good calling rig. Wind blows out here too and has never been a problem. Most called song dogs are 100 and in. Hangers at 250 are dead.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Torqued
Thinking about having a lightweight swift built
99.8 % of all shots we have are inside of 225 yds with the biggest share less than 100. Don't see a need to pack a heavy barreled rifle around.

Why a Swift or anything else that hot anyway?

This^^^^^
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Torqued
Is anyone running around killing varmints with a fast twist 220 swift.

If so tell me about the rifle.

What is the twist rate
What is the lightest bullets that it likes, as well as heavies
ETC

Thinking about having a lightweight swift built
99.8 % of all shots we have are inside of 225 yds with the biggest share less than 100. Don't see a need to pack a heavy barreled rifle around.

I have several 220 Swift rifles and have avoided the tendency to look for fast twist. What you are describing as you use for the rifle, the standard 1/12-1/14 is more than adequate.

The reason for the Swift is high velocity, why stifle it’s intent? I shoot 50 grain bullets in mine with fantastic success on varmints and velocity will always trump BC at the ranges you are talking about.

I had a Swift custom made by Dennis Olson and he said the same thing and put a 1/12 twist in the rifle and it works great…

Good post. I have used a lot of 50gr v-max's, but I think I prefer the 53's better and they will run in a 1 in 12, no problem. In higher elevation, they work just fine in the 1 in 14's as well. However, for shooting out to 225, a 22WMR would work.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The .243" 75 'Max and it's .330 BC,is a series of heavy concession and a ticket to Stupidity. Hint.

If only for conversation,the .224" 75 ELD wears a .467 BC and will happily make 3500fps in a 22-250AI or Speedmire. Hint.

You gals sure don't shoot much. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
[/color]
Originally Posted by MickinColo
What does Hint mean?

Little notes Stubby uses all over the house to help him along, it ain't easy going thru life with two working brain cells...

Such things to remind him of the little things...Like the one by the front door he has : [color:#FF0000] PUT ON UNDERWEAR, PANTS, SOX AND SHOES BEFORE GOING TO STORE THIS TIME... REMEMBER GETTING ARRESTED FOR INDECENT EXPOSURE LAST TIME???

in Schtick's world, he figures if his Golden Retriever can ride to the store in the truck naked, why can't he...two working brain cells and being high all the time, or drunk isn't conclusive to life being easy when out in public.. even in rural Alaska...

it ain't easy being Schtick....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

How many times a day do you think about me,what are the durations of same and why am I always nude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Besides your Wanton Man Lust and mind numbing STUPIDITY,what were the "odds" that you are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot? Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Your Brokedick Minimum Wage Candy Striper Fetishes are fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

You gals are a "rugged" lot. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

T
Torqued Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Leaning towards the 220 swift because I have 800ish rounds of new brass and plenty of fuel for it as well. Not to mention 224 projectiles are abundant around here. On the contrary 243 brass and 6mm projectiles are nearly impossible to find around here.

Realistically I don't need a fast twist, I was simply thinking out loud and looking for opinions from varmint hunters for a build.

Then along came Short Dick and hi-jacked the thread.

Quick, someone start a Leupold hate thread to distract him

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Twerk,

Pardon the simplistic fact,that I simply shoot it all and then some and yo "get" to read about it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Sell the schit brass and connect the first dot in your "life". Pardon facts upsetting you so. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

T
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Short Dick, the only person that you flatter is yourself. I have yet to see a single post of your's in any thread that has been worth the time to read.

Try to spend less time taking less pics of your taped together Red Riders and spend more time coming up with some new material to talk schitt with.

Your schitt's weak and boring

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A Swift is fun to shoot, fast and flat. That said for the distance you are talking a 223 with 50 grain BT @34-3500 has never failed to whack a yote or most other varmints here in my neck of the woods.

Swifty
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have two 6mmx284 `s those are some wild cartridges ! and mine are very fast & accurate too ! mine shoot a 70 gr. B.T. 4,000 FPS

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Stick I have a 1-7” 223rem lilja montana shipping back from California tomorrow. Do you mind sharing a starting point? Starline brass lever 400’s and 88’s.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He better have my 21" version heading my way soon. Hint.(grin)

24.0grs and a Smooch,is an easy start. Hint.............

Now as to a .243" 70NBT at 4K fps,in this morning's current atmosphere. It loses 1000fps by the 300yd line. Hint.

With 112's in same rifle,at 3300fps. It takes 675yds to lose 1000fps. Hint.

The wind drift advantage of the 112,starts inside the 100yd line. At 300yds,the 112 has made up all but 150fps,of the 70's 700fps initial launch speed advantage,turned into impact velocity. The 112's pile driving ass,is fhuqking amazing. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint................

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Stick, what twist and powder and barrel length in the 243 pushing the Barnes Match burner in 112 gr? A Model 70?

T
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Winnie70
Stick, what twist and powder and barrel length in the 243 pushing the Barnes Match burner in 112 gr? A Model 70?

^^^^THIS^^^^

Now you have me reconsidering a 243. Even though projectiles are tough to find around here

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 81 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,669
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.