Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 32 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 31 32
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
..people who were involved in these historical events later documented them for us. This is how we got the four Gospels and the Book of Acts and the Epistles. All of it happened in the first century.

We don't know who the synoptic gospel authors are
or of any involvement they may have had with Jesus.
and Paul (Acts 9) records he saw no bodily resurrected
Jesus...
voices in his head are not evidence of a resurrected Jesus.

Regurgitating your tired old 'faith as fact' argument
isn't helping you...and by your own admission you
dont even identify as a Christian.

But you do sound like those fringe evangelicals
that refute scholarly consensus that Bart Ehrman
talks about.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full. This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
I John 1:1‭-‬10 NKJV

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Proof enough for me. No one has been able to prove that Jesus wasn't here and that He wasn't raised from the dead.

Last edited by Jahrs; 01/29/23. Reason: wording

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The continued volume of miracles speaks to the authenticity of the Biblical claims.
There is NO getting around things like the Shroud of Turin and the ongoing Eucharistic miracles.

In fact, you can go see a display recounting Eucharistic miracles over the centuries. The Carlo Acutis display is currently touring the US. You can spend 2 hours going through this and not take it all in.

Contact here to find out where it's showing - http://www.carloacutis.com/en/association/mostra-miracoli-eucaristici

The Sacrifice *is* eternal.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by TF49
. I don’t know a single Christian that bases their “faith in Jesus” on the record of miracles in the NT.

Seriously , You really need to get out more.
. I don’t know a single Christian that bases their “faith in Jesus” on the record of miracles in the NT.

Seriously , You really need to get out more.

As usual you seem not able to comprehend the point….. or perhaps you comprehend and cannot admit your statement about Christians basing their faith in miracles is simply inaccurate, ill informed and may also be stupid.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Why do you men think people are leaving it nowadays…? What are some of the reasons that you men think people simply don’t believe it anymore, or no longer find it attractive…?
can't say I know anyone thats left it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by DBT
History is established through multiple lines evidence. The gospels are our sole source of information that we have on Jesus, and they are written by unknown authors/believers decades or more after the described events.

Many would argue that there are indeed “multiple lines” of evidence.

One of you can correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t it Bart Ehrman that said that there is more evidence corroborating the historicity of Jesus than any other figure from “antiquity.”

You just choose to disbelieve the evidence…..
I can not imagine that any would argue that Jesus Christ the man, did not exist.

Oh yes…. Seen on these types of threads quite a bit. Commonly seen in phrases like “…. If Jesus really existed…”

There are at least two frequent posters here that will often say that …”….there is no conclusive evidence of Jesus …”

Statements like this are purposed to create some element of doubt.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
…. You made a clear statement that the NT depiction of Pilate is at odds with “historians.”

You apparently cannot back up this very specific allegation.…

For the third time I gave you Flavius Josephus
But you are not interested in doing the study.
You just want spoon feeding like a baby.

I knew you couldn’t do it….shoot off your mouth….then we find you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Still the SOS……”Same ole Starman.”

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rost495
Why do you men think people are leaving it nowadays…? What are some of the reasons that you men think people simply don’t believe it anymore, or no longer find it attractive…?
can't say I know anyone thats left it.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
I John 2:19 NKJV

C.H. Spurgeon
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
History is established through multiple lines evidence. The gospels are our sole source of information that we have on Jesus, and they are written by unknown authors/believers decades or more after the described events.

Many would argue that there are indeed “multiple lines” of evidence.

One of you can correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t it Bart Ehrman that said that there is more evidence corroborating the historicity of Jesus than any other figure from “antiquity.”

You just choose to disbelieve the evidence…..

It has been argued endlessly, yet there is still no evidence from multiple independent, objective sources....of course, Josephus, Tacitus, et al, were not witnesses.

So, we see the impact of Jesus short ministry on earth…. We do have the accounts of the apostles…. They were witnesses who took the time to write about Him…. He is also a figure of historical record…

But, you,come up with this self designed hurdle…..”…..yet there is still no evidence from multiple independent, objective source….” This is musta not excuse to justify your rejection.

No, you would choose to reject the the evidence if it included “videotape.” After all, the videotape could be altered…right?

The takeaway here is not that the evidence, including creation is not sufficient, the takeaway is that you will choose to reject any evidence at all as you desire to cling to …..what?….perhaps your pride?

You are indeed in the same category as the Pharisees of Jesus day…… rejecting Jesus in the face of the abundance of evidence that He was indeed the Son of God.

IC B3

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Can secular historians conclude that a miracle occurred…? Regarding the resurrection (as mentioned earlier), even Bart Erhman concedes that something extraordinary happened that fueled the tremendous growth of Jesus’ early ekklesia. There’s no way to explain 2.5 million Christians by the year 300 unless something extraordinary had taken place to fuel this massive growth of Jesus’ early ekklesia from the tiny sect that it began as.

Bart Erhman says that you can show historically that people claimed they saw Jesus alive after He was dead, and you can draw the conclusion that they likely believed it. But he asserts that if you yourself agree that Jesus was raised from the dead…if you yourself believe that Jesus’ resurrection was an act of God in history…then what you’re doing is no longer history ~ it’s faith. And I disagree with that assertion.

He’s saying that a historian can’t conclude that a miracle ‘has’ occurred. Why are we supposed to assume that miracles don’t occur…? Maybe the best explanation ‘is’ that a miracle ‘has’ occurred, especially in light of all of the evidence. To philosophically rule it out in advance is a bias.

I’d ask Bart Erhman…when he says that what you’re doing above is no longer history, it’s faith…what does ‘he’ specifically mean by faith. Again, I think that faith and reason are complementary, not contradictory. Faith is trusting in what you have good reason to believe is true, to me anyways.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MGunns
When he knocks, answer the door....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Why are we supposed to assume that miracles don’t occur…?

No miracles have ever been proven to be true. The time to believe something to be true is when it has been proven to be true.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
There is NO getting around things like the Shroud of Turin
and the ongoing Eucharistic miracles.

The Vatican doesnt formally endorse the shroud,
so clearly significant doubt exists.
As for alleged Eucharist miracles, if you have
a sample of the flesh of Jesus , submit it to science for genetic bio-chemical analysis.

No miracles have ever been proven to be true.

Catholics claiming the eucharist 'wafer to flesh'
miracle get around it by also claiming it turns
from flesh back to a wafer.. whistle

Now you see it , Now you don't - Flash in the pan miracles..😂

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
There is NO getting around things like the Shroud of Turin
and the ongoing Eucharistic miracles.

The Vatican doesnt formally endorse the shroud,
so clearly significant doubt exists.
As for alleged Eucharist miracles, if you have
a sample of the flesh of Jesus , submit it to science for genetic bio-chemical analysis.

No miracles have ever been proven to be true.

Catholics claiming the eucharist 'wafer to flesh'
miracle get around it by also claiming it turns
from flesh back to a wafer.. whistle

I believe that the shroud has been tested and dates back to the 14th century.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No miracles have ever been proven to be true. The time to believe something to be true is when it has been proven to be true.

Miracles, even performed by Christ Himself, never were intended to convert non believers.

Remember the story of casting pearls before the swine?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe that the shroud has been tested ...

Not only that , Forensic anthropologists have studied the alleged blood stains.
Patterns are not consistent with what's found at corpse in situ crime scenes.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Miracles, even performed by Christ Himself, never were intended to convert non believers.

No.

But then again....I dont think something has to be "true" for you to believe in it.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

No, never read that story - does it contain facts or truths or is just some condescending diatribe?

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Jesus miracles are an attempt to affirm his claimed identity
as the Son of God. In other words convince the doubters.
At least that's what Xtian websites tell readers.

Page 22 of 32 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 64 invisible), 3,984 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,582
Posts18,532,275
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.