Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Hello all!
I have a 16 year old soon to be grandson who needs a few steel traps. Whew would a person go to buy some or would anyone here have any for sale?
Thanks for your help!
Rick

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RickinTN
Hello all!
I have a 16 year old soon to be grandson who needs a few steel traps. Whew would a person go to buy some or would anyone here have any for sale?
Thanks for your help!
Rick

Leghold, conibear, trapping for what?

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Trap shed on trapperman.com

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Not sure where you are but some states like TN requires rubber jaws for foot steel set on land…and many states limit the size or jaw spread of the trap you can use. Please check regs for what size and type of trap you can use before you buy. There are still a few of us trappers around that would be willing to help.

Also be aware that fur won’t bring enough right now to pay for gas if running a long line.

When fur is high everyone is a trapper. When fur isn’t worth anything real trappers will still be trapping.

Last edited by kytrapper; 01/30/23. Reason: ain’t a speller
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Pm sent

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PM sent with my info
Call me
I have plenty in good shape

GoTigersGo
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by kytrapper
Not sure where you are but some states like TN requires rubber jaws for foot steel set on land…and many states limit the size or jaw spread of the trap you can use. Please check regs for what size and type of trap you can use before you buy. There are still a few of us trappers around that would be willing to help.

Also be aware that fur won’t bring enough right now to pay for gas if running a long line.

When fur is high everyone is a trapper. When fur isn’t worth anything real trappers will still be trapping.

Show me that requirement in Tennesse, I double dog dare you.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Might check stores such as Rural King, Orschelins, etc. I just got started and bought Bridger dogless #2 offset. Use Wolf Fang earth anchors. Unless you find a screaming used buy, probably better to buy new. Hoosier Trapping Supply is also good for online.

I bought some Duke #2 dogless and while a couple bucks cheaper, the jaws would not lay flat. They will work but other brands seem to be better quality.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for all the responses. I have a couple of PM’s I will reply to. My son will actually buy the traps for him. I’ll return PM’s after I speak with him.
Thanks all!
Rick

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Rick it is really important to know what the boy may want to focus on. If coons you may want some dog proofs. Smaller water animals smaller footholds, etc on up the line.
If they want coyotes I’d strongly suggest learning to use snares if your state allows. You can buy them with deer stops and other options.

Trapping coyotes is a bit more of a learning curve. Getting a successful trapper involved who is willing to teach sure will cut the learning curve.
Don’t forget putting up the fur is a big part of it if not selling on the carcasses or keeping it.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Minnesota Trapline Products. Been ordering from these folks for close to 40 yrs. CHECK YOUR REGS. BEFORE YOU BUY ANY TRAPS!!! States vary greatly on what & how traps and snares can be used. Sets & methods employed here in Hoosierland would get you a stiff fine 10 miles west in Ill.

Scott Arthur

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

Congratulations… my bad …. it is now only a suggestion 30 years ago when I bought my father—in-law traps , he lives in TN. it was a requirement…. the rest of the post is solid even TN specifies jaw type and spread….

HOWEVER

I defer 45 years of trapping experience and having been there when we were fighting to keep the right to trap.. To your infinite knowledge and sharp shooting abilities…

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

Congratulations… my bad …. it is now only a suggestion 30 years ago when I bought my father—in-law traps , he lives in TN. it was a requirement…. the rest of the post is solid even TN specifies jaw type and spread….

HOWEVER

I defer 45 years of trapping experience and having been there when we were fighting to keep the right to trap.. To your infinite knowledge and sharp shooting abilities…

In short, you don't know what you're talking about but you feel the need to talk. Odd that sheit should change 30 years later, who would have guessed.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Sorry everyone. Didn’t mean to stir a ruckus.
I found some traps and have made a deal.
Thanks all!
Rick

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,474
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.