Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Today After I checked out from Sportsman's Warehouse in Lexington, KY, I asked why he wanted my ID....and said surely I look older than 21. He said the company is supporting Illinois governor Pritzker's new unconstitutional gun laws and they are ordered to refuse to sell ammo or firearms to IL residents even in other states. So The company is stabbing IL gun owners in the back to make that fat SOB happy. I will never step foot in there again and they will go on the Sh** list with Dick's. I sent them this message, and everybody else needs to let them know:

I just today found out that your stores are enforcing the unconstitutional laws that Gov. Pritzker in IL has inflicted on gun owners in that state. I was told that your stores in KY and other states will refuse to sell ammo or firearms to IL residents, thus enforcing that illegal IL law in Kentucky. You will not get anymore of my business and I will make sure everybody in my shooting circles will know about this callous policy that back stabs gun owners at the demand of a radical Leftist.

Last edited by reivertom; 01/30/23.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
They’ll go in the Dont Buy From bucket next to Chi-NAAA with a lot of folks. Too many other routes to take.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If this is indeed their new corporate policy it seems pretty foolish from a business standpoint, re: it's almost impossible to really enforce and the optic alone is going to turn off some of the folks who probably spend the most money there on ammo, guns, and components. They could just get someone with a KY ID to buy the ammo (which isn't against the law in KY for a normal citizen) or if you're clearly old enough, what are they going to do if you say you left your ID at home? Refuse the business?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just sent them a message on-line. I modified the statement a bit:

I just today found out that your store in Lexington, Kentucky is enforcing the unconstitutional laws that Gov. Pritzker in IL has inflicted on gun owners in that state. I was told that your stores in KY and other states will refuse to sell ammo or firearms to IL residents, thus enforcing that illegal IL law in Kentucky. You will not get anymore of my business and I will make sure everybody in my shooting circles will know about this callous policy that back stabs gun owners at the demand of a radical Leftist. I will be doing this in Fort Worth, Texas.

Could be just a single woke employee who took it upon himself, but if so that individual needs to be CANNED post haste. And if it's coming from corporate, they'd best get their heads outa their asses.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Allowing Illinois to screw stuff up in other states.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Academy Sports is in on the Leftist same scam, I've heard. They also refuse IL customers in other states. They also brag on their website about going along with the WEF and their ESG program pushing their hogwash agenda. They got a nasty gram from me as well. This is disgusting and spineless..

Last edited by reivertom; 01/30/23.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I just sent them a message on-line. I modified the statement a bit:

I just today found out that your store in Lexington, Kentucky is enforcing the unconstitutional laws that Gov. Pritzker in IL has inflicted on gun owners in that state. I was told that your stores in KY and other states will refuse to sell ammo or firearms to IL residents, thus enforcing that illegal IL law in Kentucky. You will not get anymore of my business and I will make sure everybody in my shooting circles will know about this callous policy that back stabs gun owners at the demand of a radical Leftist. I will be doing this in Fort Worth, Texas.

Could be just a single woke employee who took it upon himself, but if so that individual needs to be CANNED post haste. And if it's coming from corporate, they'd best get their heads outa their asses.

The employee said it was company policy. They weren't turning away IL customers for one woke person at one store.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The millennials are moving up to management and corporate positions. Sportsmans wouldn't allow me to buy my one box of ammo one day last year because the kid said he knew I had a bunch of ammo at home and that he was going to see that this box went to someone else to try to make the world more fair. I asked if they were going to start doing home searches before approving ammo sales.

My friend manages the Spokane store and had the regional manager call me. He apologized and said some of their younger employees think they can make it up as they go along according to their own sense of a fairness. I said yes so did Obama I think that's where they get it from. The guy that threw years of bankruptcy laws out the window to give a sweet deal to the auto unions.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 01/30/23.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by reivertom
The employee said it was company policy. They weren't turning away IL customers for one woke person at one store.

I run across this kind of minimum wage stupidity all the time. Always ask for a manager to confirm whether it's one knucklehead wokester or company policy. Usually the former.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reivertom
Today After I checked out from Sportsman's Warehouse in Lexington, KY, I asked why he wanted my ID....and said surely I look older than 21. He said the company is supporting Illinois governor Pritzker's new unconstitutional gun laws and they are ordered to refuse to sell ammo or firearms to IL residents even in other states. So The company is stabbing IL gun owners in the back to make that fat SOB happy. I will never step foot in there again and they will go on the Sh** list with Dick's. I sent them this message, and everybody else needs to let them know:

I just today found out that your stores are enforcing the unconstitutional laws that Gov. Pritzker in IL has inflicted on gun owners in that state. I was told that your stores in KY and other states will refuse to sell ammo or firearms to IL residents, thus enforcing that illegal IL law in Kentucky. You will not get anymore of my business and I will make sure everybody in my shooting circles will know about this callous policy that back stabs gun owners at the demand of a radical Leftist.
Were you able to get a refund? I know some companies say no returns on ammo.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sent an email as well.

Added to include "Scheels will be getting my business henceforth."

“Factio democratica delenda est"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
While I despise the laws being enacted against us, I also believe that, at some point, we need to be very careful with our reactions to them. If we boycott all the sporting goods retailers who try to live within the law, thus causing them to go out of business, aren't we shooting ourselves in the foot? If all those stores close, the bad guys win and we lose in the end. Dick's is a different story, since they actually lobbied against us, and I'll never buy anything from them again.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by bpas105
While I despise the laws being enacted against us, I also believe that, at some point, we need to be very careful with our reactions to them. If we boycott all the sporting goods retailers who try to live within the law, thus causing them to go out of business, aren't we shooting ourselves in the foot? If all those stores close, the bad guys win and we lose in the end. Dick's is a different story, since they actually lobbied against us, and I'll never buy anything from them again.

they are not living within the law, They are enforcing law in a state other than where they are located.

Fireworks were illegal in Georgia (not anyy more) so people went to SC to buy them, The store did not check IDs to see if you were from Georgia, they just sold and made the $$ and if you were taking them to GA illegally, that's on you.

Of course, today, someone would try to hold the fireworks seller resonsible because you chose to violate law....

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
There are other options that deserve our money. Scheels is a good example.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The reality of retailing guns and ammo has been changed in the past few years by lawsuits.

The store in Uvalde being sued for selling the school shooter arms and ammo is front and center, even though the murderer had a clean record, and no reason existed to deny the sale after the NICS passed him with flying colors...as is the Remington settlement.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Liability and corporate lawyers are driving company policy.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I hadn't heard that one Barrry. That kind of harassment costs big money
for a small town store. Some of my ammo comes from there.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
I hadn't heard that one Barrry. That kind of harassment costs big money
for a small town store. Some of my ammo comes from there.

KENS5 reports that lawyers have also filed a $6 billion suit against the gunmaker, Daniel Defense, and the Oasis Outback, the local store where the shooter purchased his weapon.

Plaintiffs claim Daniel Defense markets its guns to young people by likening the weapons to military-grade guns.

The suit claims that Oasis Outback employees missed, “blatantly obvious red flags” when they sold the gun to the shooter, per KENS5.

“It’s happening again and again and again ... why? Because they don’t value our children’s lives,” Bonner said at a news conference on Wednesday, per KENS5. “It’s about accountability. ... This lawsuit is going to demand accountability and systemic policy changes.”

https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2022/12/1/23482937/uvalde-survivors-lawsuit

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Up until now, Sportsman's Warehouse has been one of the "good guys" in this whole leftist fiasco. This is sad to see and I hope they change their ways. It's understandable that a store in Illinois would grudgingly follow Illinois law. When a store from that chain in a neighboring state implements Illinois law it becomes scary.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cabella's still wont ship Hi-Caps to Colorado.... or anywhere else there's a capacity limit.

.... like tears in the rain
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 67 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,302
Posts18,487,100
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.