Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a SWFA 10x that took a dump for parallex adjustment and I've been calling for a few days about sending it back and I can't get an answer or a class back. I sent an email as well with no response. When I type swfa into the google it comes up that it is permanently closed?

Anyone have any recent interaction with them?

Thanks

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does the scope they sent me last week count?

I’ve gotten quick replies to any of my recent contacts.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lifetime warranties are for the lifetime of the company.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Ed
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My assumption is the permanently closed refers to the storefront, which they did close.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Sounds good, I'll wait on a return contact from them.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I was extremely pleased with customer service at SWFA. I ordered a couple of their 1-4 scopes and a couple sets of their rings. On ring wouldn’t tighten on the Pic rail so I emailed them. I had a response in my email within 24hr and a replacement set was sent out immediately.

That was my 1 and only test of their customer service and they passed with flying colors. I’m sure you’ll get the resolution you seek, maybe try sending an email if you haven’t done so yet.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Kinda sad was in the storefront a year ago bunch of 30 something kids running the front no idea and zero customer focus

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bullhead
Kinda sad was in the storefront a year ago bunch of 30 something kids running the front no idea and zero customer focus
30 somethings are kids? Sweet! Then I’m still a teenager! Love it.

In the retail world these days a storefront is a needless expense. Free shipping and free returns is much cheaper than rent.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Don't know their status but I passed SWFA not far from me week or two ago. Things are iced over in North Texas and no one is working retail today. Maybe that's all to it?

Last edited by kenjs1; 01/31/23.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
With the advent of the internet the need for a storefront becomes an expensive, redundant, infuriating and needless expense. I can’t tell you how many guys came in and said I can buy that rifle online for $20 cheaper, to which I’d answer “then do it”. They’d then explain to me, as if I didn’t know, how they had to pay shipping, tax and transfer fee which made it $50-100 more but they still thought that I should cut them a break. 😂

Same with ammo and accessories. Those dumbasses wanted the convenience of the internet including the variety of choices, availability and price but they thought I should match the online price. Several times I did….I increased the price to reflect the information they gave me, then they’d beg me to honor the “old” price that 2 minutes earlier wasn’t good enough. It NEVER worked!

People are fu.ckers and dealing with their stupidity gets old FAST! A shop could have every caliber and configuration of a particular model in stock except 1 and that’ll be the model everyone suddenly “wants”. If you then get several of them in those same people only wanted to “see” it and finger fu.ck it since it’s obviously SOOO different from the same pistol only in a different caliber. 😆🙄

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’d probably be in jail for assault if I had to work in a retail capacity.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
With the advent of the internet the need for a storefront becomes an expensive, redundant, infuriating and needless expense. I can’t tell you how many guys came in and said I can buy that rifle online for $20 cheaper, to which I’d answer “then do it”. They’d then explain to me, as if I didn’t know, how they had to pay shipping, tax and transfer fee which made it $50-100 more but they still thought that I should cut them a break. 😂

Same with ammo and accessories. Those dumbasses wanted the convenience of the internet including the variety of choices, availability and price but they thought I should match the online price. Several times I did….I increased the price to reflect the information they gave me, then they’d beg me to honor the “old” price that 2 minutes earlier wasn’t good enough. It NEVER worked!

People are fu.ckers and dealing with their stupidity gets old FAST! A shop could have every caliber and configuration of a particular model in stock except 1 and that’ll be the model everyone suddenly “wants”. If you then get several of them in those same people only wanted to “see” it and finger fu.ck it since it’s obviously SOOO different from the same pistol only in a different caliber. 😆🙄

Wasn't too awful long ago that a fellow not too
far from here wanted some 4WD accessories,
and priced them at a dealer ( not where I worked)
and thought the parts and labor was too high, so
he found what he thought he wanted online and
ordered everything. Only he didn't have any practical
knowledge of installation procedures and how
mechanical things work and such.
He got mad and frustrated and sent everything
back and wanted the dealer to help him out with
the return freight and restocking fees even though
he'd never spent a dime in the dealer at all
because "they made it, and they should be responsible "
He didn't want to pay the cost of a professional
installation, probably because of some yoofloob
video or some online garbage

I've seen that same type of scenario in other
different industries

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ranger….Your story is so familiar, unfortunately. It’s definitely a different perspective when you go from consumer to retailer. I’ve never been a difficult consumer because I approach people with respect until they prove unworthy of it but for every “dumb Walmart” employee story or for every dumb thing the guy behind the counter said story I could easily beat it with 5-1 stories about dumbass rude customers.

It’s a blessing and a curse to be the owner/final arbiter of a small business but ultimately it’s nice to know that you don’t have to deal with those you don’t like. 😀. We had a pretty decent clientele and a lot of our customers became “friends”. I’m reasonably patient when dealing with the public but I won’t tolerate rude or obnoxious behavior.

When the internet really started coming into its own and people were buying online instead of at the brick and mortar I had a good deal for special orders where if a customer wanted a specific firearm I would special order that firearm for the customer for 10% over cost if they put at least 25% down. It was ALWAYS specified in writing, on a sign posted up front and verbally that all special orders were non-refundable. We also had a very liberal and (too) generous of a layaway plan because I realize how unforeseen events can disrupt our plans. If a guy was making payments on a regular basis we’d keep his layaway active. It was supposed to be 90 days but we had some guys that took a year or more to finish paying it off. Inevitably there are always some people that you can never please. Some joker would special order a firearm and put it on layaway then 5 or 7 months later they come in and say that they can’t finish paying it or their wife said no or their cat ate their license…etc ad nauseum. They’d ask for their money back and that would start my explanation about the realities of promises and commitments in the real world. Depending on the individual as well as their attitude I would deal with each on a case by case basis. If the special order was hard to get but popular, meaning it wouldn’t sit around forever, I would refund most of the money to the good guys. I even called several guys (with the right attitude) that I didn’t refund their layaway but it sold surprisingly fast and had them come in and pick up a check with their layaway refunded. I wasn’t trying to make a single penny in anyway that would be unfair but I also won’t have dipshits dictate how to run my business.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
If anyone has logged on to SWFA's website recently, the inventory and selection of rifle scopes is terrible. Several manufacturers are no longer listed and those who are listed show only 1 or 2 models of their scopes. I'm wondering if some of the big boys, Leupold, Swarovski and Zeiss, in particular, pulled their inventory and have cut off any deliveries to SWFA. I don't know this but it would be a possibility.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I talked to them last week to order a scope. I’m betting they’re closed due to the ice storm.

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 02/01/23.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Seems like a thread like this starts every week or so either here or over on Rokslide

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have no idea why people get such a hard on over these scopes. the 3x9 is great but the non HD's mushy turrets secured to a non splined turret stem. and contrary to popular believe they don't all track flawlessly. the 5-20 IMO you would be better served with a ziess v4 if you shop used or demo for the same money. So that really just leaves the 3x9 which I have to admit is an excellent scope. its not 2007 when all there was was leupold and nightforce.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
So, has anyone logged onto their website?

2nd request.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I have no idea why people get such a hard on over these scopes. the 3x9 is great but the non HD's mushy turrets secured to a non splined turret stem. and contrary to popular believe they don't all track flawlessly. the 5-20 IMO you would be better served with a ziess v4 if you shop used or demo for the same money. So that really just leaves the 3x9 which I have to admit is an excellent scope. its not 2007 when all there was was leupold and nightforce.

I think the classics are great. I own a number of 6X and 3-15's. Exceedingly pleased with every one of them.

Sure, there's better glass and more feature rich scopes, but I haven't found most other brands to be as rugged and reliable. Also, the MQ is one of the better hunting reticles available. They're a high value product that's not Chicom, what's not to like?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,700
Posts18,494,248
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.