Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Hulk was cool up until he let his old lady bang Bubba the Love Sponge........

Hulk poked Bubba's wife and Bubba video taped it,

the story afterwards is even better

Gawker streamed the video, Hulk sued Gawker but he didn't have the money for high price lawyers so Peter Thiel, billionaire, paid for Hulks lawyers because he was pissed that Gawker outed him as being gay

Hulk wins, Gawker doesn't have funds to cover the judgement and Hulk takes ownership of Gawker (and the other affiliates they own).

That sends ripples throughout the media industry about free press rights. A couple of documentaries were made about it

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
When I was a youngster I had two older cousins who were strong and beefy and just started getting involved in pro wrestling but quickly decided against.
They were hired however by Vern Gagne to handle transport and setup/takedown of the ring at the venues for Vern Gagnes All Star Wrestling. Id go along when my family was in town, see all the old characters.
Fake or not those guys physically took a real beating.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

Hilarious

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Osky
When I was a youngster I had two older cousins who were strong and beefy and just started getting involved in pro wrestling but quickly decided against.
They were hired however by Vern Gagne to handle transport and setup/takedown of the ring at the venues for Vern Gagnes All Star Wrestling. Id go along when my family was in town, see all the old characters.

Osky
Those guys used to stop at a local gas station between Des Moines and Minneapolis many years ago. They actually seemed like decent guys. It's not the way I'd like to make a living but they did.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Met him in the airport in Atlanta once. Talked with him for awhile. He seemed like a pretty nice guy in my limited exposure. Pictures don't do him justice, he was massive! Hate to see anyone having health issues but in the end we will all have them.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I worked at the airport DTW, it's a hub for Northwest airlines, some days there would be 15-20 wrestling guys there. Most were nice guys but not all of them. They seemed to be buddy's, drinking together ect.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The thread title is frightening for a guy who is about to have back surgery, I'll tell you.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
oh no! Is there a GoFundMe page set up yet?

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The thread title is frightening for a guy who is about to have back surgery, I'll tell you.

And for a guy putting off the doctor because he thinks they'll recommend back surgery as well.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal

And for a guy putting off the doctor because he thinks they'll recommend back surgery as well.

well I mean - how many guys have subjected their body to what Hulk Hogan has?

I've known 3 men that have had back surgery, all improved noticeably

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When I mention that I flew jets, every Doctor I've gone to merely said, "Ah." Also, every one of them as well as my physical therapy guy has pilots from Hill AFB as patients. Pulling high Gs multiple times every day will wreck your spine. Sometimes right away and sometimes decades later - as with mine.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Teal

well I mean - how many guys have subjected their body to what Hulk Hogan has?

I've known 3 men that have had back surgery, all improved noticeably

Not me - mine's from 40 years of general abuse, not in the ring. Still - I don't know anyone who's had surgery and gotten a lot better. Seems like 1 becomes 3 or 4 and it's basically turns into pain management and not "fixed".

Me

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Osky

I used to work out with a guy that wrestled on the podunk county fair circuit. Big stout guy, but after matches would be beat to hell. He told me that even on that level, they plan out and communicate their moves somewhat to try to keep from injuring each other, but there is no way to take a hit from a folding chair or get clotheslined without it hurting.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
We just had a big pro-wrestling deal here in town last weekend. I spoke to two guys who came all the way from Italy to see it. Flew in Friday, leaving Monday. Actual fans, did not appear to be homosexuals.

Holy [bleep] Birdy, this made me laugh out loud.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by kwg020

Osky
Those guys used to stop at a local gas station between Des Moines and Minneapolis many years ago. They actually seemed like decent guys. It's not the way I'd like to make a living but they did.

kwg

There was/maybe still is a bar in the western Minneapolis suburb of golden valley called Schulers. It was just down the road from where All Star wrestling was filmed for its weekly “episodes”.
The wrestlers would pile in there after taping. I was in there a time or two to see the craziness in the mid 70’s which was just about the end of it.
It was about that time that WWE was exploding on the scene and taking it big.
Over the years quite a few of the guys visited me at my place in the north. One of my favorites was Mike Hegstrand one of the original road warriors. Remember when those two started the zubas craze?
Mike was a hoot. Too many drugs and roids took him far too soon.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 01/31/23.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,480
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.