Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by twbiii
It is a 30mm tube.
As it clearly states on the end of the box that you posted a photo of. Some people just don't want to look too hard. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Bump it up to the top

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
GB1

T
twbiii Offline OP
OP Offline
T
All,

I appreciate all of the input. I am no stranger to the feeling of hesitation that comes with buying on a forum and understand the doubt. I am, historically, a forum "viewer" rather than a forum "poster" and felt little need to even create an account until recently. That neglect has clearly proven problematic.

Regardless of this, my email address remains in my profile and I am happy to quell any doubt in the transaction at the email request of serious prospective purchasers. Once again, thank you for the input and shoot me an email if you want to discuss the scope.

twb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stick a can of green beans along with a piece of paper with today's date, time and your username in a pic with the scope and box.

Also a pic with windage and elevation caps removed.

All of this chatter and nobody asking for an authentic pic.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/30/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Tag.

T
twbiii Offline OP
OP Offline
T
[Linked Image]

Hopefully this serves as some form of appeasement and confirmation that all is legitimate.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If I were looking for a scope like this, I would buy it. We all gotta start at the start, and you certainly don't give off the scammer vibe. Good luck with your sale, and welcome to the "fire".

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have had several "newbies" in various forums send the item first to an established member and get paid after the fact...Tom

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Another lurker and low poster here (actually my first)...

The OP is my son. His original 4200 Elite went wonky (erector system) and Bushnell replaced it with the above just weeks ago. He wanted to keep with 1" rings, so this ANIB is now up for sale. He came here at my recommendation.

I'll take him to task if the scope doesn't arrive at a buyer's door in three days.

If it helps ease concerns, the kid is about to sit for the Georgia Bar exam. Ethics is his strong suit.

twb

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Frank Abagnale Jr sat for the Georgia Bar exam as I recall. Come on...THAT'S funny!

Free bump

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tpole
Another lurker and low poster here (actually my first)...

The OP is my son. His original 4200 Elite went wonky (erector system) and Bushnell replaced it with the above just weeks ago. He wanted to keep with 1" rings, so this ANIB is now up for sale. He came here at my recommendation.

I'll take him to task if the scope doesn't arrive at a buyer's door in three days.

If it helps ease concerns, the kid is about to sit for the Georgia Bar exam. Ethics is his strong suit.

twb
A lawyer! Not helping his case any!
In all seriousness, I don't think a scammer would have hung around this long.

IC B3

T
twbiii Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Louisiana

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would buy the scope if it was a 1 inch tube, good deal right here, Dang I just bought a new tikka and I need a scope

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by thomasconnor
I have had several "newbies" in various forums send the item first to an established member and get paid after the fact...Tom
Kinda been thinking along that line with this.
At least have a member confirm it exists.
In need of a crappy weather deer rifle.

Lotta scam artist out their and on the forums nowadays.

Sucks to be a newb selling stuff.
You gotta build a rep of honesty....

But I also look around here alot also.
Not in any hurry....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-10-308-with-4-12x-ao-scope#Post17973105

Last edited by renegade50; 01/31/23.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Msg sent

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tpole
Ethics is his strong suit.

Tell him to stay far away from Wash DC then.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by thomasconnor

There have been several forums I belong to that have had long time members hacked and their profiles used for posting - wait for it - by scammers. I believe it's happened on this forum as well, and the long time members weren't even aware it was going on, and people got taken by trusting the OG.

So how would a newer member be sure the established member's profile was any more trustworthy than the other way around? I mean if a scammer took over a profile and "purchased" items where the new guys all sent stuff to him first at some random address and collected the stuff and never sent the money, what's the plan then? Is everyone chipping in to make the NG whole?

At this point the popular scam is to find someone who has a WTB ad and do it all in PM/email. Most of your scammers these days are in Cameroon or SE Asia and want Zelle, CashApp, etc. I guess everyone has to decide on their own how much risk they are willing to take when you decide to buy on a forum. Otherwise we'd all be on ebay or gunbroker.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I’ve offered to buy an item from new members with no selling background if they were willing to ship the item first then I would pay once I received it. They never do. It seems like it’s no different than me sending money to a seller with no rep or selling history and hoping I get my item. It actually think it makes more sense since I have a long selling history they can check and that way they can start building one.

Last edited by nuguy; 02/01/23.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by nuguy
I’ve offered to buy an item from new members with no selling background if they were willing to ship the item first then I would pay once I received it. They never do. It seems like it’s no different than me sending money to a seller with no rep or selling history and hoping I get my item. It actually think it makes more sense since I have a long selling history they can check and that way they can start building one.

I had a transaction this summer with a new member/seller. He offered to send the product and I would pay upon receipt. I accepted his offer and we were both satisfied with the deal. I did post the results on the original thread that he was the real deal.

I totally agree that trust needs to be established by both parties.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,802
Posts18,496,324
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.