Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hello all:

Just wanted to provide an example that all isn’t lost in our beloved country. Last Friday, tragedy struck our little town of 13K people. A well respected middle age couple was driving to watch their high school son play basketball in another town. A semi truck crossed the line and hit them head on, killing both of them instantly. This couple had three children at home. All the kids are fine, since they weren’t in the vehicle. The son playing in the basketball game took the bus with his teammates. One of the other kids is in my son’s 10th grade English class.

This is a real terrible tragedy for these kids and our community. But good people stood up and were counted. There was a fundraiser breakfast after church yesterday that drew 700 people.

There was a GoFundMe put together today. In just 8 hours, it’s reached almost $78K. My entire county is just 36K people, with the surrounding counties being even smaller. Most of these people here are middle class, or lower middle class. Many are less. Most are farmers, loggers or work at the few paper mills. Most you will see in church on Sundays.

Ladies and gentlemen, America isn’t dead yet.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/z56hhh-weaver-family-fundraiser

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Prayers for the family.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are still pockets of humanity all across these United States.

In my experience, the smaller and closer the community, the more neighborly everyone is.

Once you start drifting into more populated areas is where the liberal virus takes hold!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MPat70

In my experience, the smaller and closer the community, the more neighborly everyone is.

Once you start drifting into more populated areas is where the liberal virus takes hold!

Yup, get away from the cities and the fuqktards thin out.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
These 'pockets of humanity' are actually most of the country outside of a dozen large cities.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That particular area, RAS, definitely is one I'd say is the best of America. My family is originally from 13 miles west of there. Shame and something that could happen to anyone at any time.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Outside the city limits is a safe zone

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Indeed, Prayers for the family. Yes, America is still a great place to live.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Prayers for the family and friends.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a list of local businesses, schools and people putting together all these numerous fundraisers for this family.

I have lived all over the US. I haven’t seen anything go this big in such a small rural area.

https://www.facebook.com/dani.beauc...al-community-but-also/10162464944945550/

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
RAS,

Thanks for sharing and prayers sent for the family. I will also donate via GOFundme.

I second Rock Chuck and several others that indicated that outside of the big cities, this is how it is in much of the U.S. In big cities people are just numbers and there is no sense of community. I recently retired from a U.S. Immigration Judge position in Atlanta and one of the main reasons was because I simply could not stand the crime and seediness of the city. It was literally like living on a different planet.

I’m glad your community showed those children love and compassion. Their ability to adapt and recover from this tragedy will be greatly assisted by the response of your community.

Dan

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RAS
Here is a list of local businesses, schools and people putting together all these numerous fundraisers for this family.

I have lived all over the US. I haven’t seen anything go this big in such a small rural area.

https://www.facebook.com/dani.beauc...al-community-but-also/10162464944945550/

What gets me about this list - if you're not reading it with a map open or aren't familiar with the area - it's not exactly the local neighborhoods. It's people across the entire UP. Towns 170 miles away. Towns 200 miles away in the LP.

The UP is 16,377 square miles in size (something like 88% forested) and communities across all of it are helping out.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MPat70

This right here. Most small towns and areas away from the evil that is democrat run cities are still pretty caring and helpful

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
RAS this terrible accident has had an impact on the entire Upper Peninsula. Many schools are donating gate receipts and the like to the cause. Prayers to the family.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers for the the family and the community.

I live on a small southern town very similar to this.
Yes, the very best of America lives in the rural areas where we still know each other to a degree.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Very inspiring story. Thanks for sharing. Prayers for the family.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by basdjs
Very inspiring story. Thanks for sharing. Prayers for the family.

Even before reading the post

I thought of 'rural America'

Such a tragic accident.......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
What a tragedy. Prayers for the family and community. God Bless.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I knew the Weavers. Not well, but in a small town such as Grayling, you pretty much get to at least know most peoples names.
It’s a tragedy that will affect the children for the rest of their lives.
RAS, you’re right that there are still people who will help, even rhose they don’t know personally.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RAS
Hello all:

Just wanted to provide an example that all isn’t lost in our beloved country. Last Friday, tragedy struck our little town of 13K people. A well respected middle age couple was driving to watch their high school son play basketball in another town. A semi truck crossed the line and hit them head on, killing both of them instantly. This couple had three children at home. All the kids are fine, since they weren’t in the vehicle. The son playing in the basketball game took the bus with his teammates. One of the other kids is in my son’s 10th grade English class.

This is a real terrible tragedy for these kids and our community. But good people stood up and were counted. There was a fundraiser breakfast after church yesterday that drew 700 people.

There was a GoFundMe put together today. In just 8 hours, it’s reached almost $78K. My entire county is just 36K people, with the surrounding counties being even smaller. Most of these people here are middle class, or lower middle class. Many are less. Most are farmers, loggers or work at the few paper mills. Most you will see in church on Sundays.

Ladies and gentlemen, America isn’t dead yet.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/z56hhh-weaver-family-fundraiser

Prayers -donation sent-God Bless this family.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,736
Posts18,494,958
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.