Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on shooting down the Chicom "weather balloon" over Montana!

Only an absolute LEGEND could pull that off, and you can now tease 458Win forever about his missing it on the way in and your having to clean it up.

I knew it had to be you or Sam "Res Buck" Olson given the Montana dateline. Sam's a great guy and a fine shot - but there's just no way he could do that with his Trusty Rusty 270 rested across his saddle horn and him being 12 Bud Lights deep.

I have some questions for you (though I'm sure many pea-brained non-Gunwriters will proffer opinions as they do here daily):

1) What rifle did you use? Was it the family's 257 Roberts, your NULA '06 or the 9.3 BS?

2) What's your pet balloon load for said rifle? Is it different from your elk load? Or is that classified information?

3) Will you do a write-up on the "hunt" for Rifles and Recipes? Any cooking tips for Chinese weather balloons? Maybe a stir fry?

I understand some, or maybe all, of this is classified, but, as we all now know, the only secret document you're truly not allowed to share these days is Epstein's client list, so fire away!

Nice shooting! T

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's now over Kansas and wasn't shot down.
WTF are you drinking?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by NVhntr
WTF are you drinking?

A swing and a miss...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on shooting down the Chicom "weather balloon" over Montana!

Only an absolute LEGEND could pull that off, and you can now tease 458Win forever about his missing it on the way in and your having to clean it up.

I knew it had to be you or Sam "Res Buck" Olson given the Montana dateline. Sam's a great guy and a fine shot - but there's just no way he could do that with his Trusty Rusty 270 rested across his saddle horn and him being 12 Bud Lights deep.

I have some questions for you (though I'm sure many pea-brained non-Gunwriters will proffer opinions as they do here daily):

1) What rifle did you use? Was it the family's 257 Roberts, your NULA '06 or the 9.3 BS?

2) What's your pet balloon load for said rifle? Is it different from your elk load? Or is that classified information?

3) Will you do a write-up on the "hunt" for Rifles and Recipes? Any cooking tips for Chinese weather balloons? Maybe a stir fry?

I understand some, or maybe all, of this is classified, but, as we all now know, the only secret document you're truly not allowed to share these days is Epstein's client list, so fire away!

Nice shooting! T

This place sure is weird today. Already!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
WTF are you drinking?

It's good to see that humor isn't lost on you.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He been drinkin' that "Have a good time" wine.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Coming out of a 3 day ice storm, I wouldn't blame him for drinking heavily...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
WTF are you drinking?

A swing and a miss...
Yeah?
I like humor better when it’s funny.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I winged it with a .22 Hornet as it passed overhead here by the Chesapeake Bay. I think. Coulda been an errant party balloon, maybe. At least that's what the cops are saying......

Actually it was downed off the coast of North Carolina a couple hours ago, in territorial waters after the Coast Guard shoo'ed boaters away from the path of falling debris. Quite possibly it was Carlos Hathcock's grandson armed with a M70 Sniper Rifle but couldn't swear to it. At 60,000 feet up in the stratosphere the Pentagon will probably claim they got it with some kind of hypersonic missile.

(Actually, my nephew was shadowing the balloon from below at the behest of the Navy in his F-18A for a few hours according to my BIL, flying out of Oceanna. Can't wait to grill him over a glass or two. Probably can't talk about it though... Take that you chink MF'ers!!)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
It passed too far west of us for me to unlimber my .50-70 "trapdoor" Springfield....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
It passed too far west of us for me to unlimber my .50-70 "trapdoor" Springfield....

Would've you used smokeless or black powder loads?

"Shoot the moon" regularly with that fusil? grin

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
WTF are you drinking?

It's good to see that humor isn't lost on you.

Hahaha.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T

I wish you could have. It was reported here last night that it'd been downed over Montana.

Never shot a 50-70 but I guided a guy for antelope a few years ago who carried a 16lb 45-110. He called it his mountain rifle. It was impressively accurate.

Looks like we'd all best keep our powder dry if the Chinese think it's fine and dandy to float a spy balloon through our airspace.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

The B-29 would have easily done the job! 😋

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I winged it with a .22 Hornet as it passed overhead here by the Chesapeake Bay. I think. Coulda been an errant party balloon, maybe. At least that's what the cops are saying......

Actually it was downed off the coast of North Carolina a couple hours ago, in territorial waters after the Coast Guard shoo'ed boaters away from the path of falling debris. Quite possibly it was Carlos Hathcock's grandson armed with a M70 Sniper Rifle but couldn't swear to it. At 60,000 feet up in the stratosphere the Pentagon will probably claim they got it with some kind of hypersonic missile.

(Actually, my nephew was shadowing the balloon from below at the behest of the Navy in his F-18A for a few hours according to my BIL, flying out of Oceanna. Can't wait to grill him over a glass or two. Probably can't talk about it though... Take that you chink MF'ers!!)

Your Navy hasn’t flown those models in an few years, Probably out cruising around in one of the larger F/A -18 Es. Our CAF will still be patrolling these Northern skys with our upgraded and patched together A/ B model CF188s for a few years yet.

“ There’s No Kill Like a Guns Kill “

Cheers

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
WTF are you drinking?

A swing and a miss...
Yeah?
I like humor better when it’s funny.
Don't blame you. I'd have said the same thing if I had missed it as badly as you did.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mdatlanta

The B-29 would have easily done the job! 😋

Kinda what I ws thinking. 'Specially if you loaded it hot, with premium pills. The very Hammer of Thor.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mule Deer, is there a chance the B-29 article will make it in GG 5? Or would the industry rebel? That article, and the opening paragraph of your bore scope article are among your finest work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why y'all dissing MuleDeer?

When shooting a .458 Win Mag at a moving target at 20,000 yards, a lead of a thousand odd miles is required!
I can pretty much guarantee you, as slow as the .458 Win Mag is, I'd say Muledeer connected in a spectacular fashion! 😉👍

That or a newly recruited ex-Boy (Girl?) Scout on the fantail of a ship with a Red Ryder BB gun!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
He been drinkin' that "Have a good time" wine.

Bingo.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (10Glocks, arky65, afisher, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 11 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 797 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,600
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.