Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You’ve Ever Received.
1 I was in my teens, working on something with The Old Man Changing a motor.
I got disgusted, and stomped off into the house.
Mom said “You and your Dad are too much alike to get along”.
I’d admired that man all my life!
2 I Was helping Robin get the stuff out of her deceased Mom’s apartment.
I was sorta dozing on the couch, while she and her sister were talking in the kitchen.
Her sister asked about me, and Robin said “He weighs 165 pounds soaking wet. 100 of that is heart”.
3 I was working with a girl I didn’t know very well. I don’t talk much when I’m working.
But she told me that “I reminded her of a Cowboy”!
I ain’t never rode a horse, but I grew up watching Westerns with Dad, Between him and John Wayne, I pretty much learned to be a man!
Between my upbringing and my military service, with a Christian belief through Mom, I ain’t gonna complain.
I’m happy. I love my boy and my DIL, and especially Penny!
If some crazy stuff took my life tomorrow, I’d say I done the best I could.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB4

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
In college

Chatted up a girl in my Chemistry class

Ended up at my apartment.

Told me I ate pussy better than her girlfriend

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The greatest compliment I ever received was from a 24HCF member.

Years ago I trained a Mobility Assistance Service dog for a Wounded Warrior. 24HCF members donated generously-especially the Vietnam vets and I was able to pay all his vet and equipment expenses. 24HCF members followed his progress for 14 months till I was able to place him with his Marine. I received many compliments on this but one in particular still chokes me up....from a Vietnam combat veteran I will never forget.
" There will be a place for you wherever warriors gather..."

This was the dog " Chesty Puller" the day I brought him home to begin training...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One of the best, from a tug captain who pushed the equipment I worked on. Others from our facility also worked on the equipment when I wasn't on it. In our downtime, and there was plenty of it, we were assigned to keep the equipment clean and orderly. I did, right down to polishing the brass rings around the "windows" when I got down wiping down engines and putting up hoses and scheidt.

One of the other employees was talking to said captain one day when the captain told him " Boy, Geno sure keep that "ship shape".

The employee replied with a "I sure hope Geno doesn't expect us to do all that crap"

I take what the employee said as more of a compliment than what the captain did.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
About a year ago we were talking to our children, about what I don’t recall but our son said to my wife and I that he can’t remember ever seeing mom and I fighting. That was a compliment that wasn’t necessarily meant as a compliment but a statement of fact. It’s also a compliment that I’ll forever be proud of.

Several months ago our daughter (16) was talking about Christmas and she said that she hopes that she can give her children (someday) the type of childhood that she had. She hoped that she can provide the “magical Christmas’s” for her children like mom and I did for her and her brother.

I have many proud moments, accomplishments and compliments throughout the years that I’m extremely proud of but I find as I get older the most pride I feel isn’t for the things I’ve “done”, it’s what “we’ve” done. My wife has been my better half for going on 26 years.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

Years ago I trained a Mobility Assistance Service dog for a Wounded Warrior. 24HCF members donated generously-especially the Vietnam vets and I was able to pay all his vet and equipment expenses. 24HCF members followed his progress for 14 months till I was able to place him with his Marine. I received many compliments on this but one in particular still chokes me up....from a Vietnam combat veteran I will never forget.

This was the dog " Chesty Puller" the day I brought him home to begin training...

Yup, that would leave a watermark on your face.

Well done!

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oldest granddaughter told my wife G-Daddy could conquer the world

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
My son told my wife’s mom that I had a big dinkie. That was the proudest day of my life.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ingwe

That is one beautiful pup.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Are those you receive yrs or decades later.
From subordinates, peers, and superiors when ya run into them out of the blue.

You know you had a impact and did your job..
Spreading knowledge and experience.

Been going on since Valley Forge..

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The same compliment from three different men. We have three sons. When they got their first steady girlfriends in high school, each of their girlfriends' dads pulled me aside and said " we're glad your son is dating our daughter." More of a compliment for my wife, she was the manners nazi.

Then one from our oldest. He was home for the weekend and the other two were still in HS My wife and I were getting dinner ready and the boys were sitting at the table talking and we overheard him say "you guys should listen to mom & dad, they really do know what they're talking about."

We both just about fell out on the floor.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From an establishment RINO house member a few years ago, he said he couldn't stand me, but he always knew where I stood, and it never waivered and he had to respect that, and the fact he was getting paid to show up and I was doing it out of obligation.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by hanco
My son told my wife’s mom that I had a big dinkie. That was the proudest day of my life.

Great Great Great Grampa Johnny Hancock

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
When my granddaughter was in 1st or 2nd grade she was given an assignment to write about her hero. She chose me. She told about all the things we do together and finished with "I want to be just like him".

It caused my cheeks to rust.

3825 24336
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Old boss.

Our work crew was meeting with some upper management types. They had already decided their misguided course of action. Facts and long term success didn't matter. Boss pulled me aside and asked me not to say anything although I was accurate, on point, and well spoken.

When the obligatory "any questions?" came around, nobody said a word. Eerily quiet while all eyes settled on me. Just smiled. Didn't have to utter a word.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My sister told me that I'm not afraid of anybody. Not quite true, I Fear God.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've had some real nice compliments here on the campfire. Never a harsh word or even a cross tone. Nothing but polite interactions. Such a nice group of people.

LOL
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have received a couple great honors, one I can share.

It was when a friend passed away, a friend I admired greatly for his integrity and bravery, I saw him "make things right" and he kept it to himself, as will I, but........when he passed away, it was about a month afterwards his son came over and gave me all his dads guns, some were his grandads guns, then handed me a small pouch of tobacco as an offering and appreciation of our friendship, we are both Native.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hard to really think of anything specific.

I guess probably the amount of trust my Grandfather had, and my parents have in me would be a great compliment.

My folks just sold us the farm....but in a manner not recommended by their attorney.

They just went ahead anyway.....simply saying that they trust me.

That means a lot.

I am MAGA.
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My Grandmother grew up during the depression literally in the "dust bowl". Very tough, very pragmatic, always kind and would give you her last dime.

I always made time to sit and talk (well yell, we're both def) when home on leave.

After one such conversation my mom told me that Grandma had told her "that Ben is alright".

May not seem like much but that endorsement meant the world to me.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 68 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,880
Posts18,479,095
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.