-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I built a 17 WSM with one. Haven't done a lot of shooting with it, but the little I have done has been a lot of fun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Nice rifles fellas!

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
How do they compare to the Vudoo?

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Good Lord! Is that the magazine hanging down? Wow! That thing is an abomination!.....Hb

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Nice one!

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Good Lord! Is that the magazine hanging down? Wow! That thing is an abomination!.....Hb

Lol….do you feel better now? It’s amazing how arrogant people can be. You took the time to type out and tell a stranger that you don’t like his gun. Haha like anyone cares that a stranger on the internet doesn’t like his gun.

If it was a joke my apologies for not getting it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kaleb, if he is too blind to see the beauty of rimfire rifles configured just like your main hunting rifle, down to the action, scope, barrel and ugly but wonderfully functional magazines, then the fguk needs a white cane, sunglasses and a donation cup.......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
But but you have those awful magazines hanging down. How on earth do you carry them around like that much less aim them and shoot animals?

Always enjoy the pictures of your dogs. Mine is getting older and slowing down. My daughters are about to have a fit for a puppy and I am not far behind them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a litter of heelers be ready first week of april......hint

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Kaleb

Lol….do you feel better now? It’s amazing how arrogant people can be. You took the time to type out and tell a stranger that you don’t like his gun. Haha like anyone cares that a stranger on the internet doesn’t like his gun.

I was kidding of course, I just forgot the smiley face 😁 ....Hb

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I got a litter of heelers be ready first week of april......hint

Might have to take a road trip!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

I was kidding of course, I just forgot the smiley face 😁 ....Hb

Sorry it went over my head and I was a tool. Lots can get lost in text.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Question for you gents that are running custom Rim-x builds.

Did you notice any break in period on your barrels before they settled down and printed tight groups?

I have a half custom build off a Ruger 77/17 WSM action that got a new tube. After 200 plus rounds down the barrel, the groups are finally tightening up.

My experience with a few Lilja barrels, is they came ready to rock from the first shot. My Proof barrels seemed to need some rounds before they settled.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Beav, I wonder if that's cause the Proofs are cut and take a little extra to smooth out. I haven't seen 200 rounds to settle, but I have seen what you're saying. I always attributed it to me using cut barrels versus button.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Beav, I wonder if that's cause the Proofs are cut and take a little extra to smooth out. I haven't seen 200 rounds to settle, but I have seen what you're saying. I always attributed it to me using cut barrels versus button.

200 rounds on my rimfire tube, which is a steel Lothar-Walther barrel.

The Proofs on my CF’s seemed to need some coaxing with several rounds, maybe a box eaten before they settled down.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Did you notice any break in period on your barrels before they settled down and printed tight groups?

I have a half custom build off a Ruger 77/17 WSM action that got a new tube. After 200 plus rounds down the barrel, the groups are finally tightening up.

My experience with a few Lilja barrels, is they came ready to rock from the first shot. My Proof barrels seemed to need some rounds before they settled.

🦫

Tag for information

🦫

“Molon Labe”
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don’t have 200 rounds down mine yet but the couple times I shot groups on paper it shot as well as I can. Mostly I’ve just been shooting things. Well shooting and shooting at but I can’t blame the barrel on the missed shots…haha.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

🦫

Tag for information

🦫

Mine was pre owned so no idea. I’m hoping to God the Shilen on my Anschutz will start shooting better but it’s got at least 250-300rds through it already so losing hope.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What 54(I assume) receiver? Threaded or pinned? Contour? Twist? Chamber reamer? Base? Rings? Glass? Trigger? Stock? Bedding? Recoil lug or no? Scope? Ammo? Plumber? Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t have 200 rounds down mine yet but the couple times I shot groups on paper it shot as well as I can. Mostly I’ve just been shooting things. Well shooting and shooting at but I can’t blame the barrel on the missed shots…haha.

Gotcha. I think yours has a Lilja tube. The 3 centerfire Lilja barrels I have, shot as they should immediately.

I have zero idea of the mechanical aptitude required of a Smith to make a rimfire into a knot maker at 100 yards. The likes of Vudoo, TS Customs and their ilk seem to have it figured out.

My experience after having a couple Ruger 77/17 actions re-barrel by Clark’s Customs to 17 HMR and WSM. One, the HMR is precision sweetness, while the WSM seems to be improving as I pour more rounds through the tube.

🦫

Footnote…I picked up a Ruger Precision Rimfire in 17 HMR a few years back. Right from the box, the PR gave no concessions to my Clark’s. It came out of the box ready to slay small fur with boring like accuracy. YMMV

“Molon Labe”
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 67 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,877
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.