Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
The Investor Murders

Investor Murders

And the Waterman Murder
Waterman Murder

For a town of 1200 on a remote island we kick azz.
I can think of a half dozen or more in our area. Seems like quite a few to me as this town wasn't but about 3k 25+ years ago.

A few of these weren't actually in the town, just have that address.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sutherland Springs church shooting. Nearby neighbor shot and killed shooter. Just a awful senseless tragedy.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No one cares about another person’s heinous crimes in his area

Im sure some 89 year old Homer thinks that two donkeys stolen from his Wyoming neighbor is bigger news than your psycho nursing home murder spree.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
"Constable Fraley was shot and killed while taking a prisoner to the county jail after arresting him on a larceny warrant. As Constable Fraley helped the man dismount from his horse the man suddenly grabbed Constable Fraley's weapon. After a short struggle the man fired the weapon.

The blast struck Constable Fraley in the leg, severing his femoral artery. The wound caused him to bleed to death in a matter of minutes.

The suspect fled the scene but was eventually apprehended. In November 1890 he was taken from the county jail by an angry mob and lynched.

Constable Fraley was survived by his wife and ten children."

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I live close to where they found eric rudolph, if that counts.

Be reasonable. Do it my way!
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
Lafonda Fay Foster - in April of 1986 she killed 5 of her friends in one night while in a drug fueled frenzy looking for more drugs. Convicted and sentenced to death - later commuted to life in prison.

Had the opportunity to fight her toe to toe while trying to arrest her one night ( not the night of the murders ) - gotta give the ol' gal credit - she could ( and would ) fight like a man. The fight outcome was in doubt for a period of time laugh before I finally persevered. Saw her fight numerous other officers on various occasions with the same dynamics. Tough ol' gal.

Years after that occurred, I bought a house in the neighborhood where all of those people lived. A few of my neighbors had grown up in the neighborhood and knew everybody involved. One of them told me the history of the situation.

Fay Foster had reason to have bad feelings towards one of the people she killed. The other four just happened to be there when she "went off".

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Google Alex Murdaugh…..it’s going on right now

Mathew 22: 37-39

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not really a crime but unusual none the less. In my small hometown was where the lady sat on the toilet for 2 years and her skin grew around the seat. She had to have it surgically removed.

G23

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/woman-sits-boyfriends-toilet-2-years-flna1c9460986

JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by JamesJr
These two incidents stand out because I knew the victims. The first murders occurred just a few miles from me, and I had served as mail carrier in that town, and knew all the people involved. There were many twists and turns, and lies spread about what happened. In the end, a major at nearby Ft. Campbell was convicted of the murders.

In the second case, I knew the man who was killed very well, and although I'd never met his wife and daughter, he'd spoke of them often. It was a case of an adopted son, who turned out to be worthless, being jealous of the success of his adopted sister, who had become a well known vet. He hired someone to kill his family, then killed that guy, trying to make himself look like a hero. He should have been given the death penalty.

What about the 4 women who worked at massage parlors in Oak Grove.
Back in 94 ish
Hog tied
Throats slashed.

Female Air Assualt school instructor.
Went space ghost around same time.
Bout 15 16 months later .
Her jawbone sent into the TV station in Hopkinsville.

Courtney Matthew's.
Army soldier 1.O
2nd job at taco bell on riverside

Killed 4 workers 1 pregnant.
For 900 bucks in the store.
Hid up in ceiling tiles at end of his shift and waited for close.
He should have got the death penalty but didnt...

Bunch of others around the greater Clarksville, FTCKY/ Hopkinsville area.

Sad to say, but a lot of the murders have had Ft. Campbell connections.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
There was a historical marker about a 1/2 mile from the house when I was a kid called Yankee bin.1864 some Yankees took there wagon down the wrong holler never to be seen again😉😉

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In our very rural area in 1986 (I think) our little local party store’s owner was shot and killed opening the store for the morning in a robbery about 3/4mi from our house.

I was around 10 and I remember him being a really nice guy. A couple POS’s from Flint thought it would be an easy hit, I guess. Tried to find a news article about it but can’t seem to locate one.

Fear the crabcat.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Female Olympic trail runner kidnapped by mountain men in the backcountry with plans to make her a mountain bride for the son. Search party member catches up to them and is shot in the face with a .308 and killed. Men are on the lam for months living in the mountains and are finally captured in one of their camps by the local sheriff.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
This guy has some good videos out. Normally 30-50 minutes each. Several around the area I grew up.

MysteriousWV

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The clinic down the road was doing Rona vaccines...

Does that count?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Lawson Murders

Bloody Christmas White Christmas

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
Lafonda Fay Foster - in April of 1986 she killed 5 of her friends in one night while in a drug fueled frenzy looking for more drugs. Convicted and sentenced to death - later commuted to life in prison.

Had the opportunity to fight her toe to toe while trying to arrest her one night ( not the night of the murders ) - gotta give the ol' gal credit - she could ( and would ) fight like a man. The fight outcome was in doubt for a period of time laugh before I finally persevered. Saw her fight numerous other officers on various occasions with the same dynamics. Tough ol' gal.
You should have persevered from the beginning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holly Notestien, 25 year old mom, disappeared.
Eventually found dead. Killer found.

The name eludes me, young woman and man found attacked with a pickaxe.
One died,one lived. Years ago, no arrests.

The freak from New Paris who drove a hearse.
Killed his woman and a kid or two.

The young woman shot through a window while laying on the couch.
The killer walked through the snow both ways.
He wasn't hard to catch.

A county of 40k, we kill at least a half dozen per year.
Everyone thinks it's such a safe place, we have little crime, but we
do kill a fair amount of folks.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Too many to list where I came from. But, sometime in the ‘80’s (I think) prior to our moving here, 2 or 3 people were murdered by a guest at our local gun range. As was told to me, some guy hung around for a couple of days making small talk while watching regulars do some shooting.Around day #3, someone offered to let him shoot there firearm…..he promptly killed everyone there! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 59 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,150
Posts18,502,825
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.