Campfire Outfitter
P
Prayers sent.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks Cliff. We have been friends for along time, I have known a lot of you guys for along time as well.

It has been the hardest thing I have ever faced, and my wife of 21 years is facing her mortality like a champ, knowing she will not see either of her daughter graduate from high school, college or get married.

We have been working on videos for the girls for these life events, which to say the least is torture.

Luckily I retired right down the street from MD Anderson and she worked there while in college, they got in her right away and have done an incredible job through 4 skilled brain surgeries and multiple experimental treatments extending her life, but we are the point they are running out of options and her quality of life is declining rapidly.

The only option left is some help from
The Lord, so I will take all the prayers I can get.

Spence, aka Charles or Charlie lol.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Prayers on the way. Many of them. God Bless you all.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Prayers to you and yours. May God bless you.

O
OSU_Sig Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks to all for "being there". In spite of there being some real knot heads on this board, the overwhelming number of guys here are great. There are 4 pages of them here.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hoping for the best.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by spence1875
Thanks Cliff. We have been friends for along time, I have known a lot of you guys for along time as well.

It has been the hardest thing I have ever faced, and my wife of 21 years is facing her mortality like a champ, knowing she will not see either of her daughter graduate from high school, college or get married. We have been working on videos for the girls for these life events, which to say the least is torture. - - - - - - - -Spence, aka Charles or Charlie lol.
Charlie - our entire family understands your situation too well - your supreme efforts at a time of fear with while absorbing one blow after another, the sense of impending loss, the concern and concentration on the future of growing youngsters who very well may lose their mom - all too real. Most certainly, you and yours are in the forefront of our prayers.

Thanks, OSU Sig, for this thread.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Done.

Thanks for making folks aware of this opportunity to pray.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Best wishes for a recovery and/or an ease to the suffering.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Prayers sent for this family.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
done

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Cliff,

seems I'm a little late to the program here, but definitely prayers for both "Charlie" and his young children...

Cancer is a tough thing to deal with. I've been part of the medical profession for many years in my adult life, and so have my wife and son.

Most people never hear this, but working on Cancer wards is one of the most avoided positions in many hospitals, because to most, it is the most depressing environment to work in for most people... but on the flip side, you don't hear much about that Cancer wards, usually have the lowest number of turnovers in staff....the ones who chose to work on them, are usually the most dedicated to their patients of any other discipline within the hospital... they average the lowest turn over rate, . I pray that Charlie's wife is getting the best care available from these dedicated care givers.

I have worked on these wards, when I worked in hospitals back in the late 70s in the military and the civilian world back in the early 80s.
I was able to " be able to take it", where many couldn't. I have seen so much strength in family members, as they had to go thru and deal with losing their loved ones this way. I think that is where my strength to be able to handle it came from...

I pray for those that have to deal with the illness, but you also become involved with the family, as you go thru this with them assigned to their loved one, who is one of your patients. Those are the survivors, yet you have to deal with them. feeling guilt over that... Why is it their loved one going thru this, when many family members wish they could trade places, so that their loved one doesn't have to die, it being them instead.

Care by staff on Cancer wards, is pretty much off the charts... its a challenge that never ends.. one patient is replaced by another, when the last one passes.. but their care doesn't ever slow down... their dedication only stronger.. and it is from their strength, they give that back to the family members and the patient under their care... its a cycle that is a silver lining in a dark cloud.

Prayers for Charlie and his children, and prayers that his lovely wife will be able to overcome this terrible disease.. May God's strength be with them thru all of this....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Prayers for your wife and family

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Spence, you got my prayers.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Spence, praying for you and your family. Tough time in life to face it. My mother is 61 and starts chemo next week for cancer, Cancer sucks!

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Prayers from Ft Worth.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Prayers sent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Charlie, prayers for you and your family through this time.

We have another member here, Dale06, who is going through the very same thing. Prayers for him and his are also included.

OSU, thanks for the post.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
All the best to his family, and prayer that things head in the right direction today.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,109
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.