Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Five year old boy abducted from the sidewalk in front of parents home about two years ago. Fruitland Id.

Still no recovery. Nor arrest.

Probably the most notorious, people still talk about it 55 years later, was.

A recent High School graduate liked to play with local middle school girls. And he was spotted in the vicinity of several mysterious hay stack fires.

The story goes that a few of the local farmers/dairymen/fathers of Middle School to young High School daughters caught the alleged perpetrator walking down a back road circa late 1960s.

The guy was later found bleeding profusely and minus one nut.

As far as I ever knew, no police report was even filed. But our County Sheriff also had grandaughters in the proper age group to be targeted by the perp, (alleged)

One thing was certain in the community. The dude took the lesson to heart.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Joesph James DeAngelo-East Area Rapist, Original Night Stalker, Golden State Killer. Two rapes late 70's couple blocks in either direction from family home and my elementary school.

Patrick Purdy-1989 Cleveland school shooting. 5 blocks from maternal grandparents house.

Both same city.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Lori Vallow Daybell
This was east of here about 100 miles. She and her husband killed her 2 kids from a previous marriage and buried them nearby. They were part of some doomsday cult. The trial is going on now.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

What about your neighbor?

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tom Dula (Dooley) was tried and hung in Statesville, N.C., about 5 miles north of me, but his crime was committed in Wilkes County, N.C.

Back in 1975, 2 girls were abducted after leaving the county fair. Both Raped and shot multiple times. One was killed, one survived. Despite a description of both the vehicle and person (black male, suprised?), to this day, law enforcement has made no arrests or persons of interest have been identified.

A bit later, a body, black male, was found on the side of a remote dirt road, wrapped in a piece of carpet. He had been shot several times, and burnt. The basic physical description matched the perp in the above mentioned rapes and murder, but, being burnt beyond recognition, could not be tied to the crimes. All this took place years before DNA evidence was even a thing. No one was ever arrested or ID'ed for this killing either, but word was that the murdered girls father had ties to a rather notorious motorcycle gang, and that justice had been served.

Just a few years back, a local guy picked up a hooker at a truck stop about 2 miles down the road, took her back to his apartment, killed her and then took the body to his girlfriends house, burned it and buried what was left in the backyard. Don't recall his name, but this one made one of the crime shows on TV.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is one for you, True story!

I was working in Toronto Canada back in the late 70's.

So I meet this gal and started dating her. After a few dates I noticed that something was off with her but I could not put my finger on it. She was very attractive, well kept, intelligent, she basically had a lot going for herself. Except she was not into sex and was pretty standoffish, when I tried to get her to go along with the "Normal Program".

So I am sitting in my office one morning reading the paper and on the front page there was an article about a court case that was about to start. The heading of the article "Woman That Beat Her Husband to Death Goes To Trial"

As I read further I noticed that the woman had the same last name as the gal I was dating, so obviously I continued reading with great interest! The woman beat her husband to death with a baseball bat while he was sleeping. After she beat him to death she called the police and when they got there she admitted to killing her husband herself.

When questioned as to why she murdered him she calmly told the police that she beat him to death because he was forcing her to have sex in the Doggy Style position and that she thought it was disgusting, and he was treating her like a farm animal.

So after reading the article the first thing I did obviously, was to call the gal and asked her if the woman in the paper that had the same last name as her was any relation to her. She said "Yes that is my mother".

I ended the relationship that week, very diplomatically, without seeing her again.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/06/23.

KB

IC B2

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Maybe ten years or so ago, a Ft. Campbell soldier had got back home after being deployed to the Middle East. He and his wife went to nearby Hopkinsville, KY to eat out, and while on the way back home, she got sick and asked him to pull off the road. They drove about a mile down a side road, and while they were stopped, he was shot and killed. Turns out it was setup, as the wife had been banging another soldier, and wanted to get hubby out of the way, so they killed him. The killer took off and they caught him a few days later in one of the Western states. One of the major networks, NBC I believe, had a show about it.

The murder took place on a road that was on my mail route, and the very spot was a place that was secluded, and where I stopped most days for a pee break. The slain soldiers family put up a small memorial for him at the spot where he was killed, and I had to find me another place to stop, as it felt really strange to take a whiz there.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They never found who killed Isaac Payton Sweat, singer, bass player on Johnny and Edgar Winter recordings, singer on “ Cotton Eyed Joe”. He was found shot in his garage, ex wife was suspected, never charged. I saw him at the Winchester Club many times.

Last edited by hanco; 02/06/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Lori Vallow Daybell
This was east of here about 100 miles. She and her husband killed her 2 kids from a previous marriage and buried them nearby. They were part of some doomsday cult. The trial is going on now.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

I think the gals brother killed her ex husband, then the brother dies. the guys ex-wife might be dead too....too crazy, gal was living in Mesa, Az with the kids I think

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The most notable incident was being the stash point for Andrew Kunannan's first victim. Within 10 minutes of my house 2 officers and a half dozen others have been killed over the 30+ years I've lived here. It is thought to be a very safe place but history says otherwise. Though it has gotten better since there have been restrictions placed on epinephrine sales, it can be a bit wild at times.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cary Ann Medlin kidnapped, raped and murdered by Robert Glen Coe, 1979. Her body dumped not a mile from where I lived at the time. I was working a road project in Nashville, the wife and kids went back to her folks place the next day and stayed till I got back.

Coe was a long time criminal, told family members he had killed someone, some of his family bought him a bus ticket to run, one turned him in. He was finally executed on April 19, 2000.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Somwon smash are mallbox

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the 70s I took a girl out on a date with my mother's station wagon to see Rod Stewart.

She was later killed by Ted Bundy.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
As Sitka Deer mentioned earlier Robert Hanson, my wife went to church with his kids. She used to go to his house quite often. Several of my friends knew the family.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

369 members (219 Wasp, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,834
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.