Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Work ……never! I worked in a gas plant….supplying gas to those staying at home! 😉 School, maybe for a hurricane! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The system here builds extra days in so we have days to burn.

While other muthfouckers don’t go back till Labor Day, we start school about Aug 10

So there’s no reason to get braggart points. Why be a dumbfukk douche about it?

If the roads are slick, the schools are closed. All of our county roads are paved, bluebirds don’t do well on steep hog hollow slopes.
We have a gazillion little shîtty low creek crossings that often flood. Why take a chance? AND NO, Mid Tn id Not Flat. JFC

Also we have about 40 schools. Of one building doesn’t have air conditioning, or water main is out, they will sometimes close the whole system so as not to have to listen to a thousand FAT ARMY WIFE KAREN MOMS calling and complaining about “fairness” of the bleck kids gettin a day off to loot and pillage

So if you had to go in 12” of snow, tough shît. I’m sure it was a neighborhood school anyway for you, ralphie and randy. Get bent. Some of our kids have a 45 min bus ride

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb
Work ……never! I worked in a gas plant….supplying gas to those staying at home! 😉 School, maybe for a hurricane! memtb

They have hurricanes in Wyoming? laugh

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Mostly due to hurricanes or ice on the roads, we haven't had a weather day here yet.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by memtb

They have hurricanes in Wyoming? laugh

😂 Well no….but some folks up here have heard about them! However, I do remember a few while going to school in Zachary…..Betsy and Hilda immediately come to mind! 😉 memtb

Last edited by memtb; 02/06/23.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For the win : If there was a snowstorm on a Saturday, Sunday, or during Christmas vacation, we were expected to show up at school for a special day of education.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
3.5 block walk to school when we lived back east, probably got shut down in blizzards when they plowed the streets and the sidewalks were piled high with snow. I remember tunneling into the piles and making holes to throw snowballs at passing cars from behind the snowbanks. So probably a few days.

After moving to SoCal, I never remember a weather day. Even at 105-107F and no A/C in our schools. Torture it was, sitting there with those casement windows all open and the hot Santa Ana winds seemingly making it even hotter in that classroom. Friggen nuns and the Monsignor that presided over the school probably thought it was good penance for us reprobate kids.

And, as there was no bus service to our place, so it was walk home in that heat. Same in HS, no bus, walk home after football tryouts in Santa Ana conditions, start sweating again immediately after showering. But, it was a dry heat, eh?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't remember any of our schools closing for snow, but there are times the school busses can't run----steep hills and gravel roads are the norm. in my county!

Now on the nearby Indian reservations the schools close during almost every snow!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
The system here builds extra days in so we have days to burn.

While other muthfouckers don’t go back till Labor Day, we start school about Aug 10

So there’s no reason to get braggart points. Why be a dumbfukk douche about it?

If the roads are slick, the schools are closed. All of our county roads are paved, bluebirds don’t do well on steep hog hollow slopes.
We have a gazillion little shîtty low creek crossings that often flood. Why take a chance? AND NO, Mid Tn id Not Flat. JFC

Also we have about 40 schools. Of one building doesn’t have air conditioning, or water main is out, they will sometimes close the whole system so as not to have to listen to a thousand FAT ARMY WIFE KAREN MOMS calling and complaining about “fairness” of the bleck kids gettin a day off to loot and pillage

So if you had to go in 12” of snow, tough shît. I’m sure it was a neighborhood school anyway for you, ralphie and randy. Get bent. Some of our kids have a 45 min bus ride

45 minutes? LOL!!! I got on the bus at 5:45. Class started at 8.

Last edited by gregintenn; 02/06/23.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 2500HD, 1badf350, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 64 invisible), 2,951 guests, and 1,419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,683
Posts18,534,399
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.