Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Not only unsafe, it is insane, and has been for many years. Tell your girl to bail out ASAP.

Jamaica and Haiti have much in common.......

You mean it isn't like Wakanda?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
I looked up the U.S. State Dept. travel advisories and a good bit of Western Europe is under an exercise increased caution advisory. What's up with that? Are the U.K., Denmark, and France getting dangerous? I am not talking about pickpockets.
Check out the number of Muslim refugees in each of those countries.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As long as they have strict gun laws she oughta be safe.

I’d do everything in my power to talk my daughter out of that.

Black Cows Matter!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Four year of university, 8 years saving the world, puts your daughter right at age 30. Add another 5 years and she's at the age of geriatric pregnancy. If she wants a family and kids, it's time for her to settle down some place civilized and find herself a man.

If a family and kids are not a concern for her, regardless, play stupid games win stupid prizes. Make sure her will is up to date before she leaves.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/06/23.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
If a family and kids are not a concern for her, regardless, play stupid games win stupid prizes. Make sure her will is up to date before she leaves.
Excellent advice.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve been there on business and would not let any of my family live there, period.

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am glad she is not my daughter ! better talk or whoop some sense into her quick !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hope everything works out ok, but I certainly wouldn't want my daughter to move to Jamaica.

White wimmins don't mix real well with feral negroes.

Last edited by High_Noon; 02/06/23.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Never been to Jamaica but was in Puerto Rico for business one week. Maybe better maybe worse. Right away, the shuttle bus to the resort was driven by a guy that identified as a NASCAR driver at Bristol. And the ones headed the other way were too. Thought several times we’d slapped mirrors. I mean they didn’t stop for anything and could not have driven any faster. The view from the road was eye opening. It was Gangsta Hood City. Saw two dead horses on the roadside. One had been there quite a while. Surprised nobody ate them. We were told on arrival don’t go outside the gate. Went to the marina for charter fishing and the ride there and back was the same.

Like I said that wasn’t Jamaica, but I’m pretty sure they’re sisters. I’m not making a trip to Jam to find out.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Originally Posted by Bristoe

This took awhile to load so here is a cut and paste. Sounds like your daughter has an adventuresome spirit..... so probably not much chance of talking her out of this?

Jamaica Travel Advisory
Travel Advisory
October 5, 2022Jamaica - Level 3: Reconsider Travel
C
Last Update: Reissued with updates to health information.

Reconsider travel to Jamaica due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Do Not Travel to:

The below-listed areas of Clarendon Parish due to crime.
The below-listed areas of Hanover Parish due to crime.
The below-listed areas of Kingston and St. Andrew Parish due to crime.
The below-listed areas of Montego Bay due to crime.
The below-listed areas of St. Ann Parish due to crime.
The below-listed areas of St. Catherine Parish due to crime.
The below-listed areas of St. James Parish due to crime.
The below-listed area of Westmoreland Parish due to crime.
Country Summary: Violent crimes, such as home invasions, armed robberies, sexual assaults, and homicides, are common. Sexual assaults occur frequently, including at all-inclusive resorts. Local police lack the resources to respond effectively to serious criminal incidents. Emergency services vary throughout the island, and response times may vary from U.S. standards. The homicide rate reported by the Government of Jamaica has for several years been among the highest in the Western Hemisphere. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to areas listed below, from using public buses, and from driving outside of prescribed areas of Kingston at night.

Read the country information page for additional information on travel to Jamaica.

If you decide to travel to Jamaica:

Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before planning any international travel, and read the Embassy COVID-19 page for country-specific COVID-19 information.
Avoid walking or driving at night.
Avoid public buses.
Avoid secluded places or situations.
Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
Be aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
Review the Country Security Report for Jamaica.
Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Visit the CDC page for the latest Travel Health Information related to your travel.
Areas of Clarendon Parish – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Clarendon Parish. Do not travel to the following areas:

All of Clarendon Parish, except passing through Clarendon Parish using the T1 and A2 highways.
Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas..

Areas of Hanover Parish – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Hanover Parish. Do not travel to the following areas:

Logwood and Orange Bay
Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.

Areas of Kingston and St. Andrew Parish – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Kingston. Do not travel to the following areas:

Cassava Piece
Downtown Kingston, defined as between Mountain View Avenue and Hagley Park Road, and south of Half Way Tree and Old Hope Roads. Downtown Kingston includes Arnett Gardens, Cockburn Gardens, Denham Town, Olympic Gardens, Seaview Gardens, Trench Town, and Tivoli Gardens.
Duhaney Park
Grants Pen
Standpipe
Swallowfield
Elleston Flats
August Town

Areas of Montego Bay – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Montego Bay. Do not travel to the following areas:

Canterbury
Flankers
Glendevon
Mount Salem
Norwood
Paradise Heights
Rose Heights
Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas..

Areas of St. Ann Parish – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of St. Ann Parish. Do not travel to the following areas:

Steer Town

Areas of St. Catherine Parish – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of St. Catherine Parish. Do not travel to the following areas:

Spanish Town
Central Village
Certain areas within Portmore to include: Naggo Head, New Land, Old Braeton, and Waterford

Areas of St. James Parish – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of St. James Parish. Do not travel to the following areas:
Cambridge
Springmount
Johns Hall

Areas of Westmoreland Parish – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Westmoreland Parish. Do not travel to the following areas:

Russia community in Savanna-la-Mar (The Southeastern quadrant of Savannah la Mar east of Darling Street and south of the A2 highway/Barracks Road)
The Whitehall neighborhood of east Negril

Kinda like Jefferson Parish in Louisiana, or East Baton Rouge Parish...........

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been there, not in a resort. It is what the Donald referred to as a [bleep] country.

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Jefferson parish is fine. I live here. It’s Orleans and Baton Rouge one needs to worry about.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Ive been to Jamaica 2x, last time was over a decade ago. EACH time ive gotten into situations during the day, in public that were very sketchy. If she is white and attractive, she will not be safe anywhere on the island in public alone. From what ive heard its gotten worse since Ive been there. Im 6"2 and was in decent shape and got into a couple situations that nearly got out of hand. That island is no place for a single woman to spend any time alone.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
It's Norwegian land. Any Swede who goes there is a dumbazz.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ll be the one who goes against the conventional “grain” since I was an adventurous young man myself. Living life afraid of everything is no way to live. Seeking danger WILL eventually require her and those that love her to question whether adventure is synonymous with danger. Dangers can be mitigated but eventually the piper comes calling. Your daughter is obviously more worldly and well versed in the ways of the world than most of those telling her to lock herself in her closet and hide from the world but she’s also subject to complacency since she’s used to” the higher danger level.

I’d be inclined to view this phase (Jamaica) of her career as a “break even” phase, meaning that she (mom and dad too?) will be spending more money on security and safe housing and not saving. If it were my daughter I would be headed to Kingston to get her safely settled and properly protected. A private security detail might be a smart investment at least until she gets a “lay of the land” and a more accurate security assessment down the road.

Whatever she does I hope she stays safe and her time there is worthwhile.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MrMuskie

Nobody needs a 30 round magazine???

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by miguel

I'd rather have belt fed if that's what I'm looking at.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ll be the one who goes against the conventional “grain” since I was an adventurous young man myself. Living life afraid of everything is no way to live. Seeking danger WILL eventually require her and those that love her to question whether adventure is synonymous with danger. Dangers can be mitigated but eventually the piper comes calling. Your daughter is obviously more worldly and well versed in the ways of the world than most of those telling her to lock herself in her closet and hide from the world but she’s also subject to complacency since she’s used to” the higher danger level.

I’d be inclined to view this phase (Jamaica) of her career as a “break even” phase, meaning that she (mom and dad too?) will be spending more money on security and safe housing and not saving. If it were my daughter I would be headed to Kingston to get her safely settled and properly protected. A private security detail might be a smart investment at least until she gets a “lay of the land” and a more accurate security assessment down the road.

Whatever she does I hope she stays safe and her time there is worthwhile.

Compelling.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Perfect for an MG-42

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by mathman

I'd rather have belt fed if that's what I'm looking at.
Exactly

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (257Bob, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 25classic, 2500HD, 56 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,992
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.