Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by billj
I didn't know where else to post this so here goes. Deer were munching on my landscaping last winter so I took to getting out my air rifle and popping them in the ass when seen in daylight hours. They would kick and then run maybe 100 ft and stop, it was kind of funny. Then I hit a large doe square in the rib cage and it dropped to the ground like it was my .30-06. It could never stand up and after about 3 hours I had to put it out of its misery with a ball bat. I'm baffled as to how a .177 pellet at about 50 feet could paralyze the hindquarters of a big, mature doe. Was it nerve damage?

This belongs in the Optics Forum.

Last edited by DryPowder; 02/06/23.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I hope to he!! this is not true. I hope you do not own any other firearms and the pellet gun should be taken away from you.
I can't wish you a great day.
Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Someone failed safe firearms handling 101. Don't shoot at something that you do not intend to kill. Let alone "shooting deer in the ass" and thinking it's kind of funny. Contrary to popular belief, deer are not bulletproof and it's likely you slipped a pellet between the slats and made her suffer for 3 hours before bludgeoning her to death with a baseball bat. I wish I knew your address. I'm sure NC has a TIPS line... Please give your guns to someone who knows how to properly use them without torturing animals and then being stupid enough to post about it on the internet.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
WTF man ?

Are you the next serial killer we will be reading about ?

They say that they start out killing animals in cruel and unusual ways.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
This post is F….d up. My 17yr old had a deer run into the side of his car last week and I got the “Dad come help me” call. Luckily it was on a neighbors lawn and I called ahead. Took the .17 and put it down for mercys sake. Bothered me for 3 days. I’ve killed plenty of deer but this kinda stuff ain’t my bag and this bird bashes the deers head in with a bat?? WTF

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Was is a hickory Louisville slugger or an aluminum bat?

You'll shoot your eye out
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
OP, please stop posting. You are making people from NC look bad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spoiler alert....none of this happened.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
The dumbass runs deep with this one. You’re an idiot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d tell you to unfûck yourself, but that door closed when you were born.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Spoiler alert....none of this happened.

Did I just waste a perfectly good post?

Sheesh!

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I killed a deer with a pulaski after its back was broke when hit by a car. It was not one of my prouder moments....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I chopped one to death with a rigging axe. Does that count?...

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
LOL…gotta be the troll of the day.

Had a deer hit by a car on the main road in view from my house one night. The car that hit it kept going, but three ‘Samaritans’ stopped IN the road. Looked like a problem, so I called my GW bud on his cell and went down there. Deer was wrecked in the head and hind end, staggering around blind in the road. GW tells me to put it down if it’s too messed up, as he’s across the county. Deer is definitely too messed up and under serious duress. I pull it to the ditch three different times. Convinced the guy that’s called the sheriff (for no reason) that GW has told me to handle it. Spend 10minutes trying to explain to tree hugger lady ‘why’ it can’t be ‘saved’ and ‘rehabilitated’, and has to be euthanized before it gets back in the road and kills someone. Finally tell her to take her crying, drama queen ass and leave. In the meantime, deer crawls into the cut corn in front of my house. I go home, get the 22, go and put the deer down. Guess who has circled back to the intersection to witness the ‘murder’? Yep, it’s Karen. She’s screaming obscenities at me that I haven’t heard since airborne school….at least until I point the 3k lumen spotlight in her face until she drives away. Sheriffs deputy shows up. He’s probably still laughing.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 02/06/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Paint ball gun works for deer and geese

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had to put a dog down with a 2x4 one time, have carried at least a single shot 20 gauge ever since..

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
it's not about energy. It's about putting said pill in the vitals..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a neighbor when moose come into his yard he come running out of house with his pellet/bb gun pumping that sob for all it was worth and shoot at the moose to get them out of his yard. I finally told him what he was doing was against the law its harassment and if the troopers ever caught wind of him doing it be a bad day for him. State of Alaska could give two chits if the moose are eating your prized plants, cant be zinging them in the ass with pellets or bb's. He sold the house and they moved back to Anchorage.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
We had a neighbor when moose come into his yard he come running out of house with his pellet/bb gun pumping that sob for all it was worth and shoot at the moose to get them out of his yard. I finally told him what he was doing was against the law its harassment and if the troopers ever caught wind of him doing it be a bad day for him. State of Alaska could give two chits if the moose are eating your prized plants, cant be zinging them in the ass with pellets or bb's. He sold the house and they moved back to Anchorage.

Dang you are a hard azz..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

Dang you are a hard azz..

They didn't move because of me, he was actually a pretty good neighbor. He was always up something like shooting moose in the ass with his powerline 880. They got tired of the commute from the valley to Anchorage.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,673
Posts18,474,805
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.