Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am not.
I can’t say how many times I’ve run into people who know me, but I’m scratching my head while we’re talking, trying to figure out who the heck they are!
I hate myself, but even good friends that I haven’t seen for years. I’ve plum forgot
Anyway, I’m working a new job at a warehouse, where I’m required to sign in, and a fellow calls me Mr Oldham. I’m pretty well known, The Old Man had an Auto Salvage, and a lotta folks know me from there.
I’m wracking my freakin brain trying to remember this guy.
So I asked him today if he knew me.
He said no, I saw your name on the sheet.
I laughed, and said “Mr Oldham was the Old Man. I was just his dumb freakin’ boy!”!
We laughed and got talking, I told him my name was Reon, His is Marvin.
It’s crazy how many times I’ve ran into people I worked with, and can’t remember names.
Now if you’ve done something pretty stupid, I’ll likely remember your face, but not your name!
It’s happened several times, so keep this in mind should we meet! You might wanna do something pretty stupid! grin
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Who are you? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beautiful women tell me my life story, but I cannot recognize them unless they are standing in their yard.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
P
P
Certain types of people all look alike to me.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It is directly proportionate to my GAF meter.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Faces yes, names no.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm better with fecies.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Faces yes. Names not so much.

lightman
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Dess
It is directly proportionate to my GAF meter.
Hmm. You might just be on to something there.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nope.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm terrible. I could go out with a girl 5 times and it would be like 5 1st dates.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Not really

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I learned to remember the names and faces of women I find attractive. If they are with a boyfriend I remember the guy's name and face too. The next time I run into them together I'll say "hi" to the guy by name but "forget" the woman. This tends to put off the guy thinking I'm interested in his gal. If I run into the guy alone, I'll call him by name to and "forget" his girlfriend's name in the discussion. It throws him off again too.

It wasn't a great way to get dates as her and I needed to be single at the same time as well as actually run into each other but it paid off on occasion.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I can’t remember names for the life of me.

Jerry Phillips..the son of the famous Mr. Sam Phillips of Sun Records is the best I’ve seen at remembering names and faces. I met him many years ago, only for brief moment. A couple of years later he came up to me in a crowd, spoke my name, asked about my kids like we had been friends for years.

Amazing memory!

I rarely see him now but if i saw him now in a chance meeting, walking downtown he’d throw me a wave and say hello while mentioning my name. He’s a very nice guy.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I am not.
I can’t say how many times I’ve run into people who know me, but I’m scratching my head while we’re talking, trying to figure out who the heck they are!
I hate myself, but even good friends that I haven’t seen for years. I’ve plum forgot
Anyway, I’m working a new job at a warehouse, where I’m required to sign in, and a fellow calls me Mr Oldham. I’m pretty well known, The Old Man had an Auto Salvage, and a lotta folks know me from there.
I’m wracking my freakin brain trying to remember this guy.
So I asked him today if he knew me.
He said no, I saw your name on the sheet.
I laughed, and said “Mr Oldham was the Old Man. I was just his dumb freakin’ boy!”!
We laughed and got talking, I told him my name was Reon, His is Marvin.
It’s crazy how many times I’ve ran into people I worked with, and can’t remember names.
Now if you’ve done something pretty stupid, I’ll likely remember your face, but not your name!
It’s happened several times, so keep this in mind should we meet! You might wanna do something pretty stupid! grin
7mm

Good story man. I am the same way. But if you ask me what you were shooting at the range 6 months ago when we met, I can name all 5 of the rifles you had... Don't ask me why???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I dated a girl in high school with a photographic memory. She never forgot a name or face. She could read something once and repeat it exactly weeks later.
She graduated with a 4.0 but freely admitted that she'd didn't know anything because she was never forced to study. She just saw the words in her head but they'd fade if she didn't pound them into her brain.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have to check my driver's license every morning to make sure of who I am. grin

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weird ability to remember voices.

Forget names at the drop of a hat.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm quite good at seeing a face and thinking, "Oh, I know that face!". As for providing the correct name to go with that face, forget it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Nope not even sure if it's me in the mirror some days

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 38 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,764
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.