Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brazos
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Originally Posted by Blowtorch53
Wow! Great story! You are truly blessed.

Thanks, all from the heart.

Does she have a sister?

JK, I've got a keeper. Glad you do too.

Yes, she has two sisters. All of them are very sweet ladies.
It's nice to hear you have a keeper as well.

It sure is great to have a sweet relationship with your spouse.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hammerdown: Good for you on the wonderful and thoughtful wife!
Enjoy that pistol as well as your wife.
I had a similar "incident" befall me last year.
My wifes life long friend was settling her Aunts estate and in it was an unfired N.I.B. Colt Peacemaker with both 22 LR and 22 Magnum cylinders as well as two sets of Colt grips!
My wifes friend sent several pictures of the pistol and the box contents that had been left over from when the Uncle passed on.
She wanted a "fair and quick sale" evaluation from me and I sent it to her via E-mail.
I happened to mention to my wife that I would love to have such a nice pistol but it was several hundred miles distant.
Some months later my wife returned home from visiting her friend and gifted me that beautiful mint little revolver - it is one of my prized possessions, mostly because of the thoughfulness and effort the VarmintWife went through to send payment for and then go fetch that pistol for me.
Good marriages are indeed an amazing blessing.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Those are sweet handguns. Hard to turn down a dancing pony. A friend of mine has one; it's never been shot. He got it for a High School graduation gift (75) He also has many other fine collectable firearms.

It's nice to hear you also have a great relationship with your wife.

Blessings your way my friend.
Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hammerdown: Randy thanks for the kind words and well wishes.
I just looked up the serial number on the unfired new in the box Colt Peacemaker that my wife gifted me and it was made in 1976 according to the Colt site.
I never met the original owner and as far as I know this was the only firearm he left after his passing?
Maybe it was a gift to him and he just wasn't a shooter - thus it still being unfired and in the original box?
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,763 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,613
Posts18,473,929
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.