-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One is always better off if you employ all 3 “Ses” of the 3 “S” rule.
Shoot
Shovel and
Shut the hell up!
Hopefully this fellow will be exonerated, and his neighbors buy him a box of shells.
But under the current management system, illegal Mexicans-are more highly valued than American citizens.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 45_100
Santa Cruz County is a sanctuary county. They may not have declared it officially but thats how it is. No surprise the SO and county attorney are pursuing this relentlessly. They will bankrupt this guy, destroy his life and make an example of him before they let it go.

Liberals are rats with a human face.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WMR
Presumably, the man knows enough to keep his mouth shut and not discuss the case with anyone other than his lawyer or maybe his wife. He doesn't need to be out making statements or online posts that could be used as evidence in a new trial.

Any bets if Team Biden now swoops in and charges George Kelly with some Federal crime? Send in the "Pull Rope" investigation Team?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
A good reason to S.S.S.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JD338
A good reason to S.S.S.
Shut up was the main rule he violated. If he had made no reports or statements he would have never been charged.

Believe me, I know. You do not need to say anything. If they start threatening, you need to very clearly and politely say “I am not going to say anything until I have the advice of my attorney “. Then you say “goodbye “

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by krp
I'd like to hear more about the Border Patrol calling the Sheriff hours earlier of an active shooting and an 'Allen' reporting he may have been shot at... hours before the fatal shooting.

Kent

Unlike most here, I know you have been down there.
As have MANY (some of whom you have disparaged in this thread), you know nothing about - much like the border debacle.

BTW, where are you from - to have such intimate knowledge of the border, and it's problems?
It ain't like it was back in the '60's and '70's, by a LONG shot!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They need to give him a pat on the back and let him go home. His home was being invaded, he was threatened, and he acted normally.

Last edited by reivertom; 04/23/24.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
They need to give him a pat on the back and let him go home. His home was being invaded, he was threatened, and he acted normally.
The should have presented him with a medal, for doing what our Border Patrol should be doing. Shooting illegal alien invaders.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now the Mexican consulate is urging the county attorney to refile charges to appease the dead man’s family. This whole thing is political. They have a dead illegal so someone has to pay. The illegal shouldn’t have been there in the first place. Our government shouldn’t be creating an atmosphere that encourages them to come here.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
He threatened me and I was in fear for my life.

Every gun owner should have that memorized, because that is about the only thing you need to say to the cops if you shoot someone. After that shut up until you get a good lawyer.

I think in this day and age, the Fifth Amendment is best. Say absolutely nothing until you have counsel present.

Arcus Venator
IC B3

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by CRS
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
He threatened me and I was in fear for my life.

Every gun owner should have that memorized, because that is about the only thing you need to say to the cops if you shoot someone. After that shut up until you get a good lawyer.

I think in this day and age, the Fifth Amendment is best. Say absolutely nothing until you have counsel present.

Good advice. What if it turns out the guy was mute? Or knew no English? Or was witnessed to be silent and still? Saying he threatened you might be a provable lie. Then you have lost credibility. Saying you were in fear for your life is probably ok. Still probably good to say you’d like your attorney present before making a statement. The words you choose may determine the entire outcome.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CRS
This is the way to handle it. Don't lie, tell your wife to stay quiet. Plead the 5th. Don't present any weapons for them to inspect. Your lawyer can tell them what needs to be told. If you make statements the police may embellish the report. There is NOTHING to be gained by talking and everything to lose.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Well, he might be fugged, but he will get an Arizona jury at least should it come to that.

Odds are more than 50%of the jury will be Latino, count on it.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hastings,
Absolutely correct. There is nothing that you can say on the scene to LE to stop the legal process that is required to take place. It it best to leave the talking to a lawyer. Unfortunate as that may be, it is the best way to handle it in today's world.

Arcus Venator
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
“Hello border patrol? Yeah, ok, there’s a dead guy on my property. What’s that? Yeah, a dead guy. Huh? No, that’s all I know. Nope. That’s it. Bunch of illegals came through my property and I was out checking for damage. He dedt. Nope, that’s it. “

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim270
It was in one of those gazillion ads run before the election. Nobody I recognized. What I do remember about it, it was like most of Hobbs ads, she didn't say anything the Sheriff's did all the talking. Google search says two Chris Nanos of Pima County, and David Hathaway of Santa Cruz County. I thought I saw three.

There are four counties along the Mexican border, Cochise, Santa Cruz, Pima and Yuma. I would not be surprised to learn the third sheriff was Mark Dannels from Cochise County. I have zero confidence he will support our constitutional rights when the time comes. Larry Devers and Gabrielle Gifford were very outspoken about immigration policies and constitutional rights. Larry is dead and Gabrielle is just a shell.

The Barnett family has a ranch along the border and several years ago they detained some illegals at gunpoint until the border patrol arrived. Lawsuits were filed and the illegals got a huge monetary settlement. That might be the incident mentioned earlier in this discussion.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shootem
“Hello border patrol? Yeah, ok, there’s a dead guy on my property. What’s that? Yeah, a dead guy. Huh? No, that’s all I know. Nope. That’s it. Bunch of illegals came through my property and I was out checking for damage. He dedt. Nope, that’s it. “

^^^^THIS!!!^^^^

If he was going to call the USBP, that should have been his only statement. Period.

Myself, I’d have let the coyotes, buzzards, and feral hogs take care of it. A body wouldn’t last more than a few weeks around here.
Buzzards gotta eat too. 😜

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/25/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
[quote=shootem]“Hello border patrol? Yeah, ok, there’s a dead guy on my property. What’s that? Yeah, a dead guy. Huh? No, that’s all I know. Nope. That’s it. Bunch of illegals came through my property and I was out checking for damage. He dedt. Nope, that’s it. “

Since this happened I have followed it somewhat because I can envision myself in that same situation and try to think how I would handle it. Not sure about firing warning shots. I think if I did I would fire into the ground. On the other hand I think warning shots would alert the illegals and put them on defense which might not be in my favor. I’m thinking the best thing to do is observe from a concealed position, armed of course, and not do anything unless absolutely necessary. If possible just let them pass through and move on.

If you have to take action I think it best the authorities only hear one side of the story. As far as contacting the authorities, I’m not sure that is a good idea. But if you did the above statement would suffice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Officer, I was in fear for my life. I cannot say anything more without my attorney being present."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
"Officer, I was in fear for my life. I cannot say anything more without my attorney being present."

L.W.

I usually agree with most everything you say, LW, but not in this case. The less said the better.

Libertards in AZ are using this case to illegally prosecute a man that was defended his property from Illegal Trespassers. More Leftist Political Bullschitt.
Nothing more. Rancher should have been no billed. Period.
Unfortunately, being honest and volunteering info he shouldn’t of got him prosecuted. 🤪

He should have never even offered up the info that he fired “warning shots”.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.