-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We've not established yet that between Biden, Schumer and Garland that there even WILL be an election in 2024!
If the libs have their way, they will just take turns appointing each other "Head Ruler" or some such.

As of this moment, Trump is the only one who has actually declared. So, at this point, it's Trump.
Would love to see DeSantis declare. I think he'd make a good POTUS.

I reserve the right to alter my choice at will! šŸ˜‰

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
for me...economy either one.....being tuff on crime....border...etc either one I think.

2a?.....trump on "lets take the guns ...then will figure it out"....red flag has always bothered me.

head to head how do you think they stack up.......bob

Although DeSantis did not sign FL Red Flag Law, he is a staunch supporter of it and has suggested other States follow FL Model

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Trump.......I dont know enough about DeSantis, he seems ok but Trump has been there, knows the ropes, etc

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
A vote for Trump is a vote for democrats. He has pissed too many people off and those against him are vehemently so - despite a good track record of successes. No way he'll have the votes to win an election. It's a guaranteed win for the democrats if he's the nominee. And a guaranteed win for media as they could bitch about him for four years and attract all sorts of empathetic viewers blaming their life's woes on him. Desantis has shown good direction and strong leadership.
Never trumper huh? F uc kin rinos

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by rte
Originally Posted by BobMt = uneducated hillbilly
The mere fact that you find that worrisome and not their stance on the 2a....makes you sound like a kunnt.

Don't want or need a troller ......President should stand up for it or not..........bob

Troller.Haahahahahaha.

It would be a waste of time attempting to explain political tactics to an uneducated hillbilly like yourself.lol

Like that..huh......and it looks like it would be a waste of time explaining what having a backbone means.

At least you didn't take issue with you being a kunnt..we have found common ground....bob

Bob, ignore that twit.

As to your original question, thatā€™s a hard one because DeSantis hasnā€™t had the platform and national exposure that Trump had so grading him either way is difficult except for him not signing the proposed red flag initiative. Thatā€™s a plus.

Unless Trump was purposely misquoted by the msm his remarks following the bump stock episode were very bothersome to me as were his remarks against the NRA and being afraid of them. IF those comments from him are accurate and not misquotes then thatā€™s a big minus2 as it regards the 2A, only.

As others have said here and elsewhere on various threads, his performance as President has been outstanding in my opinion and Iā€™ve not ever seen anyone better at doing what got done in only 4 yrs time while all the time fighting every step of the way, swimming upstream and taking on the whole world.

Jmo

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Obama, Bush and DeSantis all graduated with a Harvard law degree. this country as we remember it will never survive another Harvard lawyer at the helm.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Pat85
Obama, Bush and DeSantis all graduated with a Harvard law degree. this country as we remember it will never survive another Harvard lawyer at the helm.

Bush graduated from Yale not Harvard.

Not much different, Iā€™d agree.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Primary, as of now, Iā€™d likely go DeSantis over Trump.

General, either Trump or DeSantis. Which ever wins the primary.

Iā€™d schit my pants if they ran Joe. Heā€™s soooo fugkin old! Can you you imagine him in 5 or 6 yearsšŸ¤Ŗ

ā€œLife is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.ā€
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
If you believe shall not be infringed is absolute than you have to recognize that Trump isnā€™t our friend on that front. He just isnā€™t a hard line supporter of gun rights.

If you factor everything else in he might could still be the best choice we have right now unfortunately.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Primary, as of now, Iā€™d likely go DeSantis over Trump.

General, either Trump or DeSantis. Which ever wins the primary.

Iā€™d schit my pants if they ran Joe. Heā€™s soooo fugkin old! Can you you imagine him in 5 or 6 yearsšŸ¤Ŗ

Trump could be a very major factor in DeSatisā€™ success by throwing his weight and support behind him.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No one will win this argument. Hot air, bloviating and more posts re: ā€œYouā€™re a bigger azzwhole than I amā€ than pertaining to which candidate is better suited to direct the nation toward solvency. So Iā€™ll throw my two cents in.

Trump was a great president despite himself, abrasive in the New York tradition. Trump and the nation were robbed in 2020. Trump makes a habit of cheap shots; many when there is a lot to lose and little to gain. Trump would take office again at the age of 78. Trump signed the death warrant on bumpstocks. Trump somehow aided the biggest scam ever pulled on the American people when he allowed society to be taken over by Fauci, Pfizer, and those similar. Trump was really bad at filling cabinet positions. While he was running his mouth his detractors were running him down. But again, Trump was a great president in spite of his weaknesses.

DeSantis has been a great governor intentionally with a congenial persona. DeSantis so far has not been torpedoed by the opposition. DeSantis has made enemies through actions deemed positive by his supporters, not cheap shots; see Disney & public school control. DeSantis would take office at the age of 47. DeSantis has so far done nothing Iā€™m aware of detrimental to the 2nd Amendment. Though Iā€™m unsure of DeSantisā€™ vax status he has given hell to the fearmongers, power grabbers and profiteers associated with the dastardly, untruthful, wicked and unconstitutional push for forced adoption of unproven science. DeSantis has so far been very successful in surrounding himself with those who share his beliefs and goals. No one in his inner circle has attempted to spoil his efforts to work for the people who elected him. And again, DeSantis has been a great governor through intent; working with those he could, against those who opposed his agenda, with respect of those deserving, and powering over those deserving.

I prefer DeSantis based on the comparisons above. Iā€™m sure there are other issues to consider such as those supporting his campaign that have questionable motives. In the end I believe he will sort the wheat from chaff.

ā€œWhen Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Dutyā€

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't trust either.

Trump will do or say whatever he needs to say to get elected. He has no core principles and will do what he thinks is best for him. He would have run as a Democrat in 2016 if he had thought that was the best path to the Whitehouse. If he thinks public opinion is in favor of an AWB and if taking that position will get him more votes he'll support an AWB.

Desantis is Mini-Trump.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
A vote for Trump is a vote for democrats. He has pissed too many people off and those against him are vehemently so - despite a good track record of successes. No way he'll have the votes to win an election. It's a guaranteed win for the democrats if he's the nominee. And a guaranteed win for media as they could bitch about him for four years and attract all sorts of empathetic viewers blaming their life's woes on him. Desantis has shown good direction and strong leadership.

President Trumpā€™s character is no national secret. He is crude, sometimes brutal, and not what most people would call "presidential." He admits as much himselfā€¦but he is a fighter.

Before the act of God known as COVID-19, Trump presided over the strongest U.S. economy in generations. His de-regulatory and tax reform agenda did more, than the generations of Democratic false claims and promises. Trump raised the wages of working-class families, and black and Hispanic workers benefited most. The world may never quite return to normal, but it will be better if Trump's economic policies could at least stay in placeā€¦.

Yes, Trump's manner and character inspire strong doubts, but when conservatives vote, we should keep in mind the damage that Biden has done to our republic. The only meaningful way to prevent more catastrophes is to vote for Trump if the wins the 2024 nominationā€¦again, Trump is a fighter, loves our country dearly, and we truly need him now to help us save our nation. I will vote for whoever wins the Republican nomination.

Illegitimi non carborundum

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
One of Trump's supposed election points on the 2nd Amendment was getting rid of the oppressive, expensive and stupid regulations on suppressors--which have long been legal (and about a 10th the price in America) in various European countries. After the election there was zip done--or even attempted.

Admittedly, this is a minor issue compared to some others, but there it is...or was.

ā€œMontana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.ā€
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Houston_2

daddy bush undergrad yale

baby bush harvard bidness school.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
One of Trump's supposed election points on the 2nd Amendment was getting rid of the oppressive, expensive and stupid regulations on suppressors--which have long been legal (and about a 10th the price in America) in various European countries. After the election there was zip done--or even attempted.

Admittedly, this is a minor issue compared to some others, but there it is...or was.

Why hasn't the Montana legislature broached the issue like it tried and failed to under the last guv?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

at 1/10th the price and no ATF stamp, there would be as many silencer shops in AZ as there are dispensaries.

talk about good for the economy....

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Dunno! But they seem to be obsessed by other stuff.

Haven't heard anything about DeSantis' opinion on it either...

ā€œMontana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.ā€
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
for me...economy either one.....being tuff on crime....border...etc either one I think.

2a?.....trump on "lets take the guns ...then will figure it out"....red flag has always bothered me.

head to head how do you think they stack up.......bob

You answered your question. Categorically.
TrumpTards, however, will shriek their vaginas.

Igitur quÄ« dēsÄ«derat pācem, prƦparet bellum
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Houston_2

daddy bush undergrad yale

baby bush harvard bidness school.

Syc you may be right but I believe that baby bush followed daddyā€™s footsteps to and through Yale.

Check out Wiki and Britannica.
I could be wrong.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

319 members (160user, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,016
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.