Campfire Outfitter
There have been a few bucks killed in va. Over 30”

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by srwshooter
It didnt winn the big buck contest at greentop sporting goods. It was out scored by a 17” buck

No kidding? I'd like to see that buck!

Semper Fi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Home growing up was just north of there in Fairfax County... Springfield

I've seen some big deer in Virginia, but they weren't up around the DC area...in NoVA..

they were more down in the SW part of the state.... but I've never seen one, or one killed that had a rack anywhere near that..

either that was photoshopped or taken somewhere a zillion miles from Northern VA.. I am leaning toward the photo shopped side of the Fraud...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Seafire

I've seen some big deer in Virginia, but they weren't up around the DC area...in NoVA..

they were more down in the SW part of the state.... but I've never seen one, or one killed that had a rack anywhere near that..

either that was photoshopped or taken somewhere a zillion miles from Northern VA.. I am leaning toward the photo shopped side of the Fraud...

Its a real buck. No kidding. Not saying they are behind every tree, but there are some beasts in horn size that come out of those woods. They have it all, feed, mild weather, low predator issues and good hiding spots.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Seafire

Its a real buck. No kidding. Not saying they are behind every tree, but there are some beasts in horn size that come out of those woods. They have it all, feed, mild weather, low predator issues and good hiding spots.

YOUR opinion I'll take as gospel.... If you say that something like that can come out of Stafford County these days, I'll believe it...

Guess NOVA is so crowded, that there is little to NO hunting in those counties... I have seen in the past that they have lost a lot of deer at times in the pass, because no predators, and not enough food to support how many there are... so they've hired professional hunters to just thin them out...

I'll bet more of them are usually taken out by a car or pickup, than a rifle or bow...

we had the same problem in the Twin Cities in Minnesota back in the early 80s....too many deer and not enough habitat...and NO predators to thin out their numbers... a Reservoir just north of my home, covered just 2 or 3 square miles in 1980....they went in and removed 700 deer out of there, and trucked them to Northern MN, and let them loose.... in 1981, they took another 700 of them out of the same area and did the same thing with them...

and EVEN after that, they still had a couple thousand deer still estimated in there....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd never believe it if I hadn't seen some God darned big bucks come out of Stafford, Prince William and Ladysmith Counties.

I can understand you not believing either. I would've lost bets there were bucks that big around when I moved here and started hunting.

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've seen some whoppers come out of Southampton and Sussex Counties too.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,522
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.