-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've seen videos on it but, can't get the gobble sound. I can get sound but, sounds pretty bad.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've been messing with doing that for a while now, have yet to try it out while in the field. I should have a buddy stand about 50 yards, or so, while out in the woods and have him listen to it. But I know he'll tell me I suck no matter what it sounds like! Lol!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I tried it and it sounded really bad. I did this at home, in the basement with no witnesses (for my ears only) so you will have to take my word for it....lol
Would not do it in public that is for sure....

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It does not have to be very good... they are turkeys. Have you ever heard a Jake try and gobble??? You sound just as good as he does.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah. I can do it. Never saw much use for it in an actual hunting situation.

A gobble tube does a way better job at it. I don't carry one of those, ever. But, if I thought I needed to gobble at one for some reason, that's what I'd use.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
It does not have to be very good... they are turkeys. Have you ever heard a Jake try and gobble??? You sound just as good as he does.

Spot on! I'd like to think I sound better than a Jake trying to gobble, but that could just be my ego talking! Lol!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I use a Lynch World Champion box call when I do a gobble.....used it last year working a bird. I was set up overlooking an open wood area and did a cluck and purr....followed by a gobble. That ole tom strutted around about 75 yds out but would not come any closer. Messed with him using that gobble for quiet a while. He wondered off out of sight over a ridge gobbling his head off. I moved on him a little closer and waited a few minutes and clucked and purred again....no gobble. He comes in on a string thinking that tom he was hearing is gone. Killed him at 38 yards in full strut. You never know on these ole birds, but have used this tactic before and sometimes it works to perfection.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My son can actually do a pretty convincing gooble with no call at all - just his mouth.

I can sorta do it. It doesn't sound great but it gets the job done on a hung up gobbler, on rare occasion, on private land

That Boy Aint Right......Kinda Touched In The Head
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, gobbling it's something most hunters ever do but, it will sometimes work on a hung up gobbler.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yes, I've gobbled with a diaphragm to get birds in several times. In every instance the gobbler was hung up and wouldn't close the distance or was moving away. It has been a last resort kind of thing but it worked every time I've used it.

RS

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I’ve tried. Usually end up with a squalling sound and drooling down my neck. Either that or blowing the call out. Can do better with my voice box.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My grandson is pretty good at it. He shakes his head violently while doing it.

It gives me a headache thinking about it,

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 1936M71, 16gage, 39 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,146
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.