Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don, that last pic you posted, of the two dead sage rats in front of some of your cattle...

Just two bang flops it looks like...

That is why I prefer handloading my 223s like I do, with shotgun powder...

instead of bang flop, I've gotten addicted to the concept of the red mist.. instead of shooting the squirrel, I bounce the round right in front of them.
it comes up as Shrapnel, and hits them like an RPG.. blowing the schitt out of them....guts and parts everywhere..

Since they are cannibals, many will run back to eat what's left of their other buddy instantly...give me the opportunity to do the same thing to 4 or 5 more of them, before the others around them get wise .... 10 minutes later they have all forgotten about that and you can do it again...

I've never done drugs... or do alcohol either over the last 40 years... but shooting sage rats is about the most addictive thing out there... especially when you turn them into the Red Mist and dead squirrel parts...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We still have guys asking for them. I'm sure sales reached a point where they were stagnant, but consumers still want an options of higher quality. Not everyone wants a budget gun. There is still demand for quality firearms and quite honestly, I think it's at an all time high. Used gun prices support that statement. The market has been been almost void of anything wood/quality bluing for a while. There are still a few left, but not nearly as many options as there were five years ago. And those options aren't shipping frequently either.

The Americans are accurate and dependable, but still lack a little soul to a rifle guy. I own a few too. They just lack the wow factor.

I wish the 77 rimfires were still available.....

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
We still have guys asking for them. I'm sure sales reached a point where they were stagnant, but consumers still want an options of higher quality. Not everyone wants a budget gun. There is still demand for quality firearms and quite honestly, I think it's at an all time high. Used gun prices support that statement. The market has been been almost void of anything wood/quality bluing for a while. There are still a few left, but not nearly as many options as there were five years ago. And those options aren't shipping frequently either.

The Americans are accurate and dependable, but still lack a little soul to a rifle guy. I own a few too. They just lack the wow factor.

I wish the 77 rimfires were still available.....

This is why I find everything available at the local gunshop totally uninteresting 99% of the time. I'm pretty much only looking for used guns.

We've got 2 77/22s in the house. One is a first year production I inherited from dad. It's a great rifle. The other is a late production stainless that my son saved up for and bought when he was little. Until we shimmed the bolt that thing shot patterns at 50 yards. I like the overall quality and the 3 position safety that mimics our big rifles.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Manufacturers know this. They send us emails asking questions frequently. They know there is demand. It's all about timing. They'll calculate numbers and reintroduce something at a higher price point to capture as much margin as the market allows. I'd bet big money you'll see a variation of 77 rimfire series in the future. I have no inside knowledge of when, how many will be produced or how much they will cost -- but I'd bet a ton it'll happen.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You might want to try a bolt shim. Its a pretty easy, inexpensive, do it yourself job. Mine shot better after a trigger job and a little bedding and the bolt shim tightened it up even more.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is that a factory special order rifle or aftermarket stock? Great photo, cool looking rifle.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I bought one of those 25 round mags yesterday (Wow! Expensive). I heard someone above mention that there are speed loaders for these. Any recommendations on brands?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lotech
I bought a couple of these not long after they came out in the '80s. Very accurate straight-out-of -the-box. They'll easily outshoot unmodified 10/22s.
We have three 10/22s, I have rebarreled one, another is a Target model and the third is a Mannlicher Stocked International.
All of them sling the first round wide and then group better after that. Wife has a 77/22 Hornet, we've honestly barely shot it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,397
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.